Community Crunch 135: Code of Conduct Change, Great Migration Tomorrow, Modding Updates & Xbox Sale!

Jen

18 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

Currently the new servers are on par with legacy servers except for rex/giga stats. The rest new server has on par or even better. If you're a bit of an effiency player you can get to the point where you are at right now in legacy in the new server well within a month. You know what to do and where to build yada yada. Still I don't blame ya

I understand but its not viable.  Their so-called popular servers sadly are where most of the transgressors moved to.  I dont have an unlimited life span.  And thank you for being so kind as to take my blerbing into consideration.  :)

Edited by Sugarfairy2

Hi,

I love the idea of the small tribe servers. I have been playing on them for 10 - 20 hours a day since launch. They are perfect for me in every way except for one major problem I have noticed. With only 6 tribe members it's near impossible to have people online around the clock especially if your playing with a group of friends that is always on at the same time. With that being said its so easy to be offline raided with these servers you can have slot capped turrets and a quetz/rock golem will drain them in an hour or so. I have done this and have had it done to me also. I propose to launch a couple small tribe servers but with offline raid protection. Please consider my suggestion. I foresee in the near future other tribes noticing this problem as well.

Moonagi

@Jen, @JatheishSome ways you could stop some of the ill behaviour on the small tribes is :-

1. Disable pin codes for anyone not in the same tribe.

2. Disable un-claiming of dinos.

3. Make all fertile eggs raised by anyone outside of the tribe turn into non-fertile eggs or non-claimable..

4. Perhaps give offline raiding protection a go, as there are no alliances, it would be "somewhat" harder to exploit. (example; it would be harder to make another account and build close to active tribe to make invulnerable walls to hide behind.) 

--anyone else got some other ideas?

12 hours ago, PaceyAU said:

are you's dead set that bad at your own game and this is the best you can do? that "change" does not work full stop... sorry but not sharing line's really? its a massive part of the game, 2 what happens if joe blow cant get on for a few days or they have school or work and someone comes and raids you expect a 6 man tribe guy to solo and wait? there isn't much 1 solo person can do against a full 6 man push like come on guys do you play your own game? your details are a little dull  "Moving characters back and forth between multiple tribes" can we have a 6 man tribe and kick people so we can actually defend the base as intend or is this just oh come in and loot? 

Do not attempt to circumvent the six member limit? does this indicate the body bags? more details please

Joint raids against one or more tribes (including cross-server), say for example someone is getting raided but i dont like the people raid can i snipe them but im not joining the other guys im doing it too just get the other one? again more detail needed.

also never stated about sharing items so another tribe can defend themselves if they weren't prepared? it isnt teaming but making sure another tribe doesnt just wipe everyone and everything?

there is always going to be a downtime, 1 rock golem 1 pig with 150k+ food can tank several heavy turret towers in less then 30 mins so your telling me and the rest of the community, why should we even play on these six man servers when its going to be down right stupid? the rules you have now stated are still inadequate 

so tell us all, is this a final ruling if so these servers will be dead within a month, clap clap because in you do this ruling there is no point in streaming, building or trying to get end game on small servers 

im not trying to be nasty or disrespectful but how about you ask the community and streamers, mega tribes, or make polls or a suggest box or something like really guys, is this the way you keep running this business you's will end up having everyone chuck a spartan's and rip up the foundations of our base / c4 it

kind regards the ark community streamer PaceyAU epic scout out to LazyCat Kappa

The only relevant thing you said in your entire post was the shout out to LazyCat.

I been watching your stream for the past 2 days. You were saying the entire time how you want a clarification on the rules. Now that you got clarification you are trying to find your self wiggle room on how to use mega tribe numbers in a small tribe server. At the end of the day that is all your going to do find wiggle room around the rules so you can have more then SIX members total. This does not mean 6 man on at all times this means 6 man total in your tribe. If you kick someone because your friend is better at PvP then re-invite your friend back because he is better at PvE you are circumventing the rules.

Everything you have been doing is trying to circumvent the new rules. Everything you did up till the rules came out was fair game. Adapt, Fight, Survive. If this is to hard go running back to your mega tribe servers for protection in numbers.

Edited by SlipperySquid

I have some ideas to help the issues on small tribe servers.

1. Fertilized eggs can only be picked up by the tribe the dinos belong to. This includes when a player drops one, it can only be picked up by that tribe.

2. Dinos cant be reclaimed. 

3. When a tribe is being attacked, their dinos and structures are protected for 24 hours from other tribes except the one attacking. Meaning if a structure is destroyed or a dino is killed the tribe being attacked will be protected from other tribes for 24 hours. Timer resets everytime a structure is destroyed or dino is killed. 

4. If someone leaves or gets kicked from a tribe, they can no longer join that tribe.

It's a pity, the mega tribes do not let them play either on the 6-man servers, they have taken the official servers and now they are taking these servers, they boast that they are megatribu on the official servers and that they have taken more than one 6-man server , I mean the small12 (Island) in my case, the configuration is perfect and the rules also but it will be necessary to include ORP :( so that the influx of players does not go down.

@Jatheish @Jen

Something perfect would be to identify when you destroyed an enemy structure, not allow to destroy more structures of other tribes in a long period of time, only of the tribe that you are attacking, since there are tribes that manage to create rocket launches and c4, clean all the island in an instant, so in order to attack another tribe you must wait 12-24 hours after the last destruction of structure or death of enemy dino.

So is trading on the New servers out of the question?

I can see the teaming up for a raid being a no no. 

If I need a type of kibble I don't have and I throw it out in chat and someone says yea I'll do it for ingots is that against the code of conduct?

Or trading tames? 

I have always had alot of fun wheeling and dealing in ark. Traveling merchant so to say. I'd also trade eggs if I needed something I couldn't build. I.E. me and my tribe are not high enough level. 

4 hours ago, Moonagi said:

Hi,

I love the idea of the small tribe servers. I have been playing on them for 10 - 20 hours a day since launch. They are perfect for me in every way except for one major problem I have noticed. With only 6 tribe members it's near impossible to have people online around the clock especially if your playing with a group of friends that is always on at the same time. With that being said its so easy to be offline raided with these servers you can have slot capped turrets and a quetz/rock golem will drain them in an hour or so. I have done this and have had it done to me also. I propose to launch a couple small tribe servers but with offline raid protection. Please consider my suggestion. I foresee in the near future other tribes noticing this problem as well.

Moonagi

listen my suggestion. let the tribes select an 8 hour per day period of raid protectiono

Guest chancho33015

Bothers me a lot that the structure solution was taken away from this coming up updarte. I mean, I undestand is a very important aspect of the game that has to be modify and that affects other things. However, if fans influence on NOT changing certaing things because they are being affected...why hasnt that stop them from nerfing halve the dinos, changing armor value and weights, changing rockt launchers, and other things. The main problem on official in this game was never the other things...it was the LAND PILLAR PROBLEM.  IT is normal that Alpha tribes in pvp and pve abuse small tribes as they are just more people spreading accross the map as we have like 6000 structure limit or what ever that limit is... how come that limit is not reduce by halve? or why is it that they pushed back on the new structure solution to prevent megatribes from abusing small ones when they have change everything else? it is weird sometimes how they work. In fact, all other nerfings have made alpha tribes stronger. But if they change the pillar issue by cutting structures to halve ORRRRR making tribes build everything in one spot...that solves that "MEGA TRIBE ISSUE". #keepingITreal

Sharing tame breeding lines between tribes

Sharing tames between tribes

Two reasons why I will never play this mode. Currently with how long it takes to breed anything useful in Ark, even with the multiplier, not allowing trading of dinos will prevent tribes from ever having anything valuable. There is too much RNG with wild tame stats and mutations. This will force tribes to just concentrate on a handful of dinos making the experience lame and repetitive.  

1 hour ago, BeastSRT said:

I have some ideas to help the issues on small tribe servers.

1. Fertilized eggs can only be picked up by the tribe the dinos belong to. This includes when a player drops one, it can only be picked up by that tribe.

2. Dinos cant be reclaimed. 

3. When a tribe is being attacked, their dinos and structures are protected for 24 hours from other tribes except the one attacking. Meaning if a structure is destroyed or a dino is killed the tribe being attacked will be protected from other tribes for 24 hours. Timer resets everytime a structure is destroyed or dino is killed. 

4. If someone leaves or gets kicked from a tribe, they can no longer join that tribe.

3 hours ago, Mendoza said:

@Jen, @JatheishSome ways you could stop some of the ill behaviour on the small tribes is :-

1. Disable pin codes for anyone not in the same tribe.

2. Disable un-claiming of dinos.

3. Make all fertile eggs raised by anyone outside of the tribe turn into non-fertile eggs or non-claimable..

4. Perhaps give offline raiding protection a go, as there are no alliances, it would be "somewhat" harder to exploit. (example; it would be harder to make another account and build close to active tribe to make invulnerable walls to hide behind.) 

--anyone else got some other ideas?

That is actually a really smart idea of being proactive enforcing these rules from both of you. Very creative and doesn't sound to intense for the devs to code in if they decided to. Would definitely stop all of the people who are trying to bring the same crap to the new servers by the sounds of what the common complaints are already. ? Not to mention it keeps customer support from being clogged up by tickets filed due to people breaking these rules. 

@Jen @Jatheish @Eli

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jen said:

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Code of Conduct Changes - Small Tribes!

The Enforcement Team are back again with another important notice regarding the Code of Conduct. We'd like to make Official Players aware of the following revision:

New Section

Small Tribe Server Specific Rules

> No Teaming - to maintain the intent and spirit of the small tribe servers, players are not permitted to form informal alliances between tribes.  This includes such things as:

Joint raids against one or more tribes (including cross-server)

Sharing tame breeding lines between tribes

Sharing tames between tribes

Moving characters back and forth between multiple tribes

> Do not attempt to circumvent the six member limit

View full article

I think this would be nice rules but Rules are only good if you can check if ppls dont break them. In this Game you cant check if one is trading with another so this rules are pointless.

Small tribes enforcement, I’m just curious as to how or who came up with the idea in attempt to penalize players for making more then 6 friends on a server lol I don’t get it. without the ability to invite large amounts of players to a tribe or alliance, Players can’t form mega tribes for the intent of wiping tribes, if they attack an enemy they have in common., they risk killing and harming each other, this means communication and care would be taken on raids,. If a person wants to join a tribe on each map is that something you consider an offence? I mean, you have to be super specific when trying to dictate how people play the game outside your boundaries of control. Seems more childish than logical, but I’m just an opinion out of many. Also, trading and bartering has become a way of life on ark,. You might as well make a game where we can collect resources but get banned if we use them. Sounds illogical right¿ exactly my point. It’s how I felt when reading about your code of conduct enforcement on a trial server none of you clearly have worked out game machanics for. Love the game but can’t stand the management over there at wildcard, you must go through developers like call centres go through people. Maybe try hiring a professional to run the company.. my suggestion. 

About the small tribe servers...

I heard they were pvp only. That fact alone I will not be playing. Before I heard they were pvp only, I was actually interested in going there and starting up my own tribe (and I hate starting out, rarely do it). Those boosted rates were a huge appeal to me... And I am a soloist, on Official Legacy. If the tribe size was 1 player, I'd be cool. But PvP only, nope, no, not me. Never.

If you had PvE versions,  I would not be surprised if those servers were really popular. Can you please make PvE versions of that? Same settings, same configs, except... make it PvE.

I believe you will find it to be popular, if only you tried it. Please try PvE. I want to play it PvE, permanent higher rates.

Edited by GreenRoc

5 hours ago, PhknDuker said:

Small tribes enforcement, I’m just curious as to how or who came up with the idea in attempt to penalize players for making more then 6 friends on a server lol I don’t get it. without the ability to invite large amounts of players to a tribe or alliance, Players can’t form mega tribes for the intent of wiping tribes, if they attack an enemy they have in common., they risk killing and harming each other, this means communication and care would be taken on raids,. If a person wants to join a tribe on each map is that something you consider an offence? I mean, you have to be super specific when trying to dictate how people play the game outside your boundaries of control. Seems more childish than logical, but I’m just an opinion out of many. Also, trading and bartering has become a way of life on ark,. You might as well make a game where we can collect resources but get banned if we use them. Sounds illogical right¿ exactly my point. It’s how I felt when reading about your code of conduct enforcement on a trial server none of you clearly have worked out game machanics for. Love the game but can’t stand the management over there at wildcard, you must go through developers like call centres go through people. Maybe try hiring a professional to run the company.. my suggestion. 

they dont want megas on these server stick to normal offical if that is the mind set you have.