Is it worth to build inside the caves?

NattivStray

Can we get some more information on which cave you are speaking of? My tribe use to wipe caves all the time with "unraidable bases" in them just simply using a horde of people overloading the turrets with riot shields and splash damage from the explosives. The increased damage in them is a joke and you can't build them the way people use to due to the turret cap either.   

49 minutes ago, Magmorta said:

I was told by a experienced PVP player that any building in a cave is easier to break into as it somehow doubles how much damage it will take. So a 10k piece of structure is actually 5k.

On offical all caves make structures take x6 damage so 1 c4 can destroy pretty much anything aside from some tek stuff 

Yeah cool, and how can I know if I am in a cave? I mean, many places seem so close to caves, but they are just holes in the mountain. Is there any kind of sign for being inside caves? 

Anyway, I am talking about the one at the end of the small river on Ragnarok's highland (the cave with the little spawn of metal and oxidian) and about the one in jungle (with deep water insider).

No one answered me: is it worth to build inside, may be protecting the cave with many turrets outside (and many others inside)?

Its probably not where you should build. Some caves like the underworld cave on the center are incredibly hard to get to on a dino or on foot which makes them very defendable base locations. Also that particular cave for some reason doesn't have 6x in a large part of it which helps its case even more. You can test if you are in a 6x zone by placing a thatch structure and hitting it with a metal tool

Archived