Spotlight: Castoroides!

Jatheish

15 hours ago, SallyAnn said:

They look amazing and definitely fill a perfect niche for a low/mid level survivor that wouldn't be able to survive and easily tame a mammoth.  Mobile Smithy is the new mechanic being tested I guess with this one? Plus I wonder if their dams contain anything exciting.

"you guess"

Because if that's the case, this is a MUST have animal.

Also no one thought of the amazing things. One is that thatch and wood weigh one with of normal, and stone weighs half in a beaver's inventory. Second... think about it. A smithy with no slot limit besides the beaver's weight. Hasn't everyone been whining about being unable to craft certain blueprints? ASCENDANT blueprints? Here is the answer. Beavers are by far one of the best additions to the game, but so many failed to see that because its not a dinosaur.

7 minutes ago, Ktulusanders said:

Honestly, the beaver is so useful it might even be a little OP 

Personally i see it as a precursor for things to come. For example doedi and anky could both use the weight reduction for their respective resources. And if a beaver can carry a anvil and be a smithy, then my anky shall have a refining forge! :D.

Not sure about the doedi though, its low level so its fine i guess...

Btw, you can use the beaver without a saddle, park it next to a tree and cancel its orders and it will chuck it. Kinda like a doedi with stones, just way harder to tame.

15 hours ago, I Want MY Burd said:

Last I heard there are no planned server wipes - I would think there'd be more of an uproar if any of the dev' team actually confirmed one.

It seems likely-- at least for official servers.

They seem to be planning on adding to the map, and depending on how they go about this, they may end up needing to wipe servers.

It'd certainly be easier and cheaper than getting more servers.

All really depends on how they implement the additions.

On 2/24/2016 at 2:37 AM, Jat said:

The caves and bosses are delayed. Bosses are delayed because we still have a technical issue with cave we were hoping to resolve but weren't able to. (Low level rendering issue, it'll need some more profiling from the engineers before it's ready to go out, the caves that is -> which inevitably delays the bosses)

No complaints from me! You guys work super hard and give us all kinds of yummy teasers and updates! I'll just sit back and patiently await my favorite dinos. :)

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:08 AM, FaneBlackwing said:

^^^
sir, sir, I would like to advise you what you had quoted was a massive joke in terms of the beaver being a war mount.

That would be funny to see though.

"Oh, God Jerry! They've got a... a... Beaver...? Oh." *Snipes it* "We're good"

Lol or yet let the mini guns take cere of it

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • 2 years later...