PS4 Unofficial PC Servers PGMAP Procedurally Generated Maps

I am sick and tired of getting misinformation, confused inormation, unfounded information, and information meant for people on pc, or xbox, or something steam related (because steam and xbox suck pond scum) (isn't that why we play ps4 to begin with? LOL). So I am thus trying to start a discussion that will lead to ONLY PS4 detailed information about building, testing, and hosting of PGMAPs via UNOFFICIAL PC Sessions on the PS4.  I host my clusters on Survival Servers (<<<link) and recommend them over nitrado and other hosting services. They seem to know more about what is going on, and have great deals and if you're one that likes to edit your servers directly through the game.ini, gameusersettings.ini, or engine.ini  then i have found it WAY easier than Nitrado (nitrado is like apple products in that they are trying to protect you from yourself and taking away some freedom of choice) and @ survivalservers (link above) you seem to have way more control. Before posting please include the following info, such as; Game Seed (only a numeric value 0-999 while anything other than that will just be counted as seed=0 example: if you enter seed=JerrySmith it will count as seed=0 if you think anything else you are misinformed), All BIOME start values and limit values, Pictures of your arks if at all possible, Etc. Please before posting read this post- PG Ark Some of the Settings Explained (attempted explanation)- on this post you will see undoubtedly that many of the values you are putting in your PG ARKs are have no effect or the wrong effect, but at the same time the information is wrong as well. HENCE THE CREATION OF THIS TOPIC. LET US TAKE THE TIME AS A GROUP TO FIGURE OUT EXACTLY HOW TO MAKE OUR PG ARKS USING THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD (WHICH YOU CAN FIND OUTLINED HERE THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD EXPLAINED ). This will work as long as you try to be as detailed as possible. Instead of trying to figure out what someone's end goal is, "Why are you trying to do this, give more info", better to just try and answer the question, if you don't know just don't respond its obviously out of your expertise. If i ask, "is there a way to make metal spawn below the ocean" (I don't believe there is a way), don't ask me, "why would you want to do that?",  if you don't know just don't say anything its a waste of everyone's time and effort. I know many of you are from a younger crowd, so please try your best to follow these guidelines, and respect everyone. Please use complete sentence structure so we that actually use the english properly can understand. Again I'm trying to be scientific. We would like to see advanced use of stats, coords, values etc. Thank you to all of those that contribute and are willing to take on this adventure in knowledge gathing with me. Because up until now, i have seen bogus attempts (honorable as they may be) thus far. 

I have randomly found metal spawning below the tops of mountains and tried many different times and at least, 100 seeds with random results from metal on the beach to no metal or obsidian spawning on the map at all. (essentially making it unplayable).

Gamepedia info

PG Ark Settings (some good info some wrong) and too much work to fix or note hence this ps4 only thread.

on the latter, they say that if your jungle biome start is say =-0.55 and you put your mountain biome start at =-0.65 you will then cause the metal spawns to go all the way down to the jungle biome and to the beach. However, after testing this methodology to my servers i've received very mixed results, mostly resulting in having NO metal or obsidian spawning anywhere. Before you say, "obsidian only spawns on snow mountains" that statement is dead wrong. I've had obsidian lining the beaches and redwoods and jungle and had very limited luck spawning anywhere i didn't see 20 obsidian nodes and metal nodes. So, let us figure it out. I've used Seeds- 999, 998, 546, 687, 21, 7, 420, 419, 14, 140, 43, 52, 187, 666, 643, 100, 250, 225, 17, 25, 34 and many others (i should have been keeping notes the whole time but this is just the ones i've kept info from) Before you say that procedurally generated maps are experimental, no duh we all know this. It is, however, an experimental program operation that operates within a set of parameters which we can test and catalog exact behavior and use with enough data. So saying that it is experimental is just wasting our time. Thanks for those that know how to read and understand english and take this seriously. 

map seed 0 all settings normal there is metal. 

I then changed the seed to 420

metal found

I then raised the mountain height to 2

still metal. 

I'm trying to recreate the issue of no metal and have yet to find the one setting that messes up the spawns. again i have tried moving the mountain biome setting both above and bellow the jungle biome level. to no avail. i will keep trying. no one has even come here yet so...

• 1 month later...

Anyone got a good PG map for ps4 that is mostly flat? Ive been experimenting all morning and cant seem to get only a few mountains with metal and obsidian on them. I've got the flat land part down but when I try to mess with the mountains my game crashes and the flat land maps that have been sucessful have no metal or obsidian on them?

Archived