Are megalosaurus spawns broken?

KeyboardCat

2 minutes ago, Ck93 said:

Not quite sure what map you are on but have never heard of a broken megalosaurus spawn. They can sometimes be hard to spot due to they are asleep during the day and at night they are out hunting other creatures, And if u fear they are in walls in cave u can eat rare flowers to lure them out.

They used to spawn under the map after they came out. 

@KeyboardCat I havent heard of this issue for some time..probably since the times you remember. I would suggest clearing the cave carefully, using flowers to get all the wall spiders and such. Then check again once it reapawns

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

As the Giga,  Spino and (Rex),  the Megalosaurus spawn after some other createre is removed. So clear the cave in south from creatures and return after 30 minutes.

In caves creatures get pushed around in small areas and sometimes go trough the cave wall. So there will always be creatures under caves much the same thing with creatures in your house,  swinged into your house by a troll player.

Regards,

Ariana 

Probably bugged under the ground, but if you're on Island, only 3 can spawn at any given time across the whole map.  I believe they can spawn in every cave except maybe the Skylord, Hard Swamp or Hard Ice caves.  So, you need to check every other cave and clear the spawns from the caves where you can't walk them out and hope they spawn in an appropriate cave.

Archived