More Content or More Patches?

TheScribeHD

Just now, UDGxKnight said:

It doesnt matter since separate teams work on separate things.... One team does content and one does bug fixes, everyone should know how studios do this by now

No not everyone does know this. Actually I'd say you are probably in the minority for being one of the few. People who do not have any knowledge of game development or have never worked for companies related to them do not know common procedures those industries follow. Personally, though, I still wouldn't have thought Wildcard would follow that strategy due to the fact that their team is so small to begin with. Smaller companies usually have many people split different jobs that would be divided to separate groups all together in larger ones.

As a private server player, I don't really have any glaring bugs, sure there are some really annoying ones, but they are handling several of them. 

Over the past few months, I noticed a great improvement on performance as well. 

As @UDGxKnight said, the teams for bugs and fixes are indeed different than new content creators. Wildcard is big enough to handle both by now.

I have certain hopes for the Extinction expansion. I like to have NPCs, a lore more fleshed out, new Tek and new creatures of course. I have been playing another game, which employs the use of NPCs to streamline production and reduce resource drain. They make a huge difference because I can actually play the game with a smaller maintenance demand. Makes Ark feel really dated mechanic wise as to how high maintenance the game actually is. Still, Ark is the only game were I get to play around with dinos, and I love dinos.

Once they release the Extinction, handle most critical bugs and issues, I would like them to return to the Creature TLC pass, the animals that got a second look are amazing.

My to cents.

Cheers!

more bug patches i mean thats what 99% of the comments i saw on any ark news was crying out for before they shifted there focus after tlc 2 so obviously everyone wants that you made your bed now lay in it. no new content til extinction and probably quite some time after as i imagine extinction will add alot of bugs. maybe we'll see tlc 3 in 2020.

10 hours ago, TheScribeHD said:

A question for the community, should the devlopers (wild card, and Snail gaming) concentrate on debugging and fix the game breaking exploits or should they give us more content(dino's, maps, items)?

I think that debugging is more important, at this moment.

If they continue to introduce new TLC patches, with reworks, it would be good too.

Want a Quetzal and a Carno Rework !!!! 

I'm willing to consider giving us on console a proper option to not have that garbage flyer nerf to be a long over due bug fix, but other than that it's pretty much the only issue I've had singleplayer ran well enough. (Unless it's gotten worse over time.) If they w ere to add more TLCs as an apology for numerous bone headed things they have ignored then hey I would accept that.

The bad thing about all open world games is they are all riddled with glitches/bugs anyways.

Guest DJRone89
34 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

I think people still see it the same way. They have fixes most of the annoying bugs. Sure there's still more, but people still talk like it's still a mess. 

I can agree but the main issues people have with the game are things that can’t be fixed as easily or at all due to engine limitations, and all fall into the “fix the game” category. These issues being cross-Ark transfer losses, building mechanics, collision, hitboxes, and the 2 main cheating exploits etc.

Wildcard could fix all other outstanding issues but while these still remain, they will overshadow all of the devs good work because of the grand scale they are on.

12 hours ago, MandaBear said:

No not everyone does know this. Actually I'd say you are probably in the minority for being one of the few. People who do not have any knowledge of game development or have never worked for companies related to them do not know common procedures those industries follow. Personally, though, I still wouldn't have thought Wildcard would follow that strategy due to the fact that their team is so small to begin with. Smaller companies usually have many people split different jobs that would be divided to separate groups all together in larger ones.

very eye opening thank you for your input.

Archived