Your favorite Endgame Island base location?

d1nk

Hey all,

Going to be switching my nitrado to The Island for some endgame. Ragnarok feels too "everything is easy" and after playing Scorched for awhile Im digging the small maps. 

Now onto topic, what are your favorite endgame base locations? Im thinking a good place to build that Tek base, ease of materials is always a plus and so are ways of transporting dinos to bosses. Whether its at an obelisk or near a lot of drops. What are your favorite base locations? (Pics of base are always a bonus)

On my SP i made a base around Green Obelisk, with a ramp down to the obelisk platform. It worked great but wasnt much room for a developed base holding many breeders and not a single area near for a water pen. Ill be on a solo unofficial server so if you have any specific spot suggestions for me that'd be super cool as well :) 

Looking forward to reading the comments!

- D1NK

You want an all in one? 

Draco Cove. 

I'm not sure if I still have pictures of our old Legacy base.

However, part of it is deep enough to store water dino's outside of the Mosa and Tuso and has a water drop and if you build back to the ravine you can get another drop in the base. If you build out even further the water way you can probably store a Tuso and Mosa too but be aware of Sarco and Piranha spawns. 

The swamp is located right behind you so great for meat runs.

Herbivore island is right across from you for quick metal excursions. Green Ob is fairly close, just a hop over the trees.

You are around a Titan spawn so they don't really spawn in the base but can get stuck in your gate.

You also will often times have multiple Alpha raptors and the occasional Alpha Carno but that's great for xp

You are in a relatively centralized area there as well.

I loved our base in Draco Cove. Had a large breeder building, a nice small living quarters, and a large dino barn plus the expansive water pen with dock.

I've always been partial to herbivore island or the big iceberg in the top left of the map myself. Never took any pictures because I always had tribes scouting my clips to try and find raid points. When I was on herbivore the boss dinos were kept in a pen on the top left flat ledge, or lining the inner middle depending on breeding sessions. When I was on the iceberg, the boss dinos were kept either in a pen directly on the top of blue ob, or at the base of the iceberg while our main base was on top of it. In the case of you wanting to frequently do the fights I'd say iceberg due to it being only one short flight with a quetz to get the rex/theri/mega up the mountain and onto blue ob. 

13 hours ago, jpcab said:

On pvp currently 10 10 aint main spot to build anymore, much less herbie island.

Alfas r on carno island and the cave in it.

I haven't played since turret nerf so it wouldn't surprise me if the rules changed a bit. My friends tribe is still alpha on herb but idk about the iceberg anymore since the turrets would probably be stretched to thin. However OP is on an unofficial server so chances are turrets can be set up pre nerf, which makes the iceberg more OP compared to any of the others again like it was before. Just build smart and on top of it with defenses heavily targeted towards birds and anything being dropped while having the lower part defended from stuff coming in via boat. Gigas can't get on the berg without being flown in via quetz, and titans shouldn't be able to at all under any circumstances. so as long as you get some of your own gigas there to eat any brontos and stego, its pretty straight forward on defenses. We use to have our alpha base there that was only destroyed due to another tribe glitching a titan onto a quetz to level the base during the 2 hour time frame only 1 of us was online. There were many attempts before that but they fizzled out before they even started because fur has horrible damage protection and flak freezes you to death. ? Carno may be a good option as well, but on an unofficial server with doing a huge quantity of boss runs in mind, carno is quite a pain due to the distance alone and the cave is pointless except to retrieve artifacts. 

15 hours ago, jpcab said:

On pvp currently 10 10 aint main spot to build anymore, much less herbie island.

Alfas r on carno island and the cave in it.

8 minutes ago, MandaBear said:

I haven't played since turret nerf so it wouldn't surprise me if the rules changed a bit. My friends tribe is still alpha on herb but idk about the iceberg anymore since the turrets would probably be stretched to thin. However OP is on an unofficial server so chances are turrets can be set up pre nerf, which makes the iceberg more OP compared to any of the others again like it was before. Just build smart and on top of it with defenses heavily targeted towards birds and anything being dropped while having the lower part defended from stuff coming in via boat. Gigas can't get on the berg without being flown in via quetz, and titans shouldn't be able to at all under any circumstances. so as long as you get some of your own gigas there to eat any brontos and stego, its pretty straight forward on defenses. We use to have our alpha base there that was only destroyed due to another tribe glitching a titan onto a quetz to level the base during the 2 hour time frame only 1 of us was online. There were many attempts before that but they fizzled out before they even started because fur has horrible damage protection and flak freezes you to death. ? Carno may be a good option as well, but on an unofficial server with doing a huge quantity of boss runs in mind, carno is quite a pain due to the distance alone and the cave is pointless except to retrieve artifacts. 

Yeah its literally just me. There wont ever be any other tribes unless its my real life friends. Thanks for the suggestions though :) 

This will be a pure PvE carebear base through and through. Im just trying to see others' ideas on the perfect base location so maybe theres a spot ive overlooked like @yekrucifixion187's spot. 

Will be scouting tonight for a spot, still taking any suggestions :) 

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Yeah its literally just me. There wont ever be any other tribes unless its my real life friends. Thanks for the suggestions though :) 

This will be a pure PvE carebear base through and through. Im just trying to see others' ideas on the perfect base location so maybe theres a spot ive overlooked like @yekrucifixion187's spot. 

Will be scouting tonight for a spot, still taking any suggestions :) 

Avoid herb.  Island base location vids/posts that are pre-flyer nerf can't be trusted.  Biggest issue with a lot of spots on Island is that they're too far from metal.  Flying for metal from herb island takes prohibitively long.  Building on top of Frozen Tooth or at the Blue Obelisk, in my opinion, seems best from a resource and defense perspective.

If you're going PvE, I'd suggest building on the side of the mountain that is just south of Carno Island.  You can build on the east side on a plateu without blocking any metal and have access to 5 full indy forges of metal from that mountain (on 2x).

2 hours ago, MandaBear said:

Unofficial is a different game mode on a way lol.

I play PVE, my absolute favorite location to build is 44 29 on top of the waterfall at the base of the volcano.   Easy supply of berries,  wood, stone, metal, crystal and obsidian close at hand.  A Theri can get 1000's of rare flowers right there along the river.  Not far from snow and the blue and green obs are not too far.  Water pen is just a quick flight to the west.  Dodo, dilo, parasaur, trikes, stegos, brontos,, turtles, fish, diplos, doeds, anky, equus, sheep, galli, hesperornis, hyaena, kentros, oviraptos, pachys, pachirhinos, phios, procoptodon, raptors, rex, sabers, spino, tapejara, t-bird, therizino, troodon, scorps, carnos,  allos, ptera and argentivis ALL spawn in the immediate surrounding area.  I might have missed a few.

EDIT:  I tend to build UP not out.  I don't want to mess with the spawns any more than I have to.  Base is usually no more than 40x30, but several behemouth gates tall.

On 6/7/2018 at 9:22 PM, d1nk said:

Hey all,

Going to be switching my nitrado to The Island for some endgame. Ragnarok feels too "everything is easy" and after playing Scorched for awhile Im digging the small maps. 

Now onto topic, what are your favorite endgame base locations? Im thinking a good place to build that Tek base, ease of materials is always a plus and so are ways of transporting dinos to bosses. Whether its at an obelisk or near a lot of drops. What are your favorite base locations? (Pics of base are always a bonus)

On my SP i made a base around Green Obelisk, with a ramp down to the obelisk platform. It worked great but wasnt much room for a developed base holding many breeders and not a single area near for a water pen. Ill be on a solo unofficial server so if you have any specific spot suggestions for me that'd be super cool as well :) 

Looking forward to reading the comments!

- D1NK

since its pve on private server, i would say you should build base between obsidian mountain and volcano on that huge fairly flat space and keep boss rexes on one of obelisks

43 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

since its pve on private server, i would say you should build base between obsidian mountain and volcano on that huge fairly flat space and keep boss rexes on one of obelisks

Haha thats a good idea, i had a base there before on a private hosted server years ago. Good spot.

I ended up settling in Drayo's cove for my main base, boss outpost at green and mining outpost at blue but my next build is going to be a taming fob-thingy. Thinking maybe around swamp cave on the volcano river.. or nearer to snow for more creature variety

5 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

This is a great spot with good land for building, and easy access to all corners of the map. All resource types, (except silica pearls) are close to hand too, and a decent pterandon / wyvern can get you round all the beaver dams in no time.

I’m gonna say right by the river in the snow biome. Right next to a bunch of valuable resources and very important dinos to tame. I come across daedons and Yutyrannus’ like crazy here. I still havent tamed them yet but their day will come. I just like mauling them with my Rex and Carno lol. For the most part I’m by myself with the closest neighbors being down the river a ways so not much traffic.

I like the RedWoods ...

Close to metal, rare flowers in the lake in the redwoods plus the cave. Close to Volcano (and that cave)

Being close to the centre of the map, you have equal distance to travel to get anywhere needed (obi's)

Plenty of meat along the rivers. 

Just gotta keep a look out for those pesky Pussoms, as long as you're never alone (dinos or people) it's fine!

Archived