Structure Decay Changes

Jatheish

Honestly the best solution for this in my opinion is either having a pro-active GM team to take care of griefers (zero-tolerance on griefing) or fix it how most MMORPG games fix their  "community problems". Bring it back to the people themselfs. Have active regular players be a kind of Ingame GM (with way less authority). The IGM would work together with a GM (or several) to have smooth communication on griefing instances (per server at least 1 IGM and tops 2). The IGM knows their main server well and know where the problems are, they can warn players and on second warning call in the help of a GM, relate the situation and instantly take action. 

For this to be succesful an IGM would have to apply officially through forum or website (at first) and new IGM's can only be appointed by another IGM or GM. Basic rules apply with speaking english, at least 2.500 hours+ on official servers (game knowledge), respectful etc. 

The benefit of this is that there will be no hard structure minimum which would result in not being able to protect metal spawns with dino gates, not being able to have a 1x1 trap or a 2x2 for troodon tames for example. Same thing goes for Wyvern traps that are build by beginner builders where not everything is connected etc. 

So in short the IGM has very little to no authority ingame to take action but is in direct contact with GM's who are able to take DIRECT action based on feedback from IGM. 

Edit:

Also how is the proces going so far on finding the (right) solution? Any new news by any chance or things the community can help with / give ideas for?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Building spam can be counteracted at spino and creature spawn by making the base susceptible to damage by the spawning creature or resource . capping a metal or oil heavy area ? 

BAM walls destroyed when entity spawns . the game is about dinos and survival so make the resources a priority.   

Second option. Make everything random . keep the spawns moving.  This would make it easier to catch a foot hold in the game as well. 

A metal node spawns on the beach.  Oil pops up in a swamp. Random.

Personally i like the first idea. If the structure is in the spawn area. Its gone

It seems to me that pillaring is used extensively to stop build blocking, prevent resource destruction and the older the server gets it is used to prevent base building.  The last reason is not really to grief players but to make sure frame rates don't go to crap.  

Please consider on new maps making resource and critical travel areas build free.  Also changing the build limit to be a lower number of items.  To cut down on rendering issues.  Maybe add in prefab buildings.  Or update the build system to mitigate framerate loss.

On 7/14/2018 at 2:00 AM, Flatfoot7412 said:

It seems to me that pillaring is used extensively to stop build blocking, prevent resource destruction and the older the server gets it is used to prevent base building.  The last reason is not really to grief players but to make sure frame rates don't go to crap.  

Please consider on new maps making resource and critical travel areas build free.  Also changing the build limit to be a lower number of items.  To cut down on rendering issues.  Maybe add in prefab buildings.  Or update the build system to mitigate framerate loss.

BS...on server 912 Ragnarok...Tribe of DR blocked the whole area in Highlands E and more, with pillars in sea, rocks, coastline, woods,  mountains, big area around lighthouse and further....to angry to explore any further...this is frustrating as hell. What you mean by preventing...lol. Worst part is that WC is doing nothing against it...cause its going on for a long time these pillaring 

As far as I'm concerned bartering and dealing is part of the game, if you want a particular area on a particular map and it's pillared out, negotiate for it with whoever has it pillared..... I myself have pillared area's merely to protect access to my base from rogue builders who have tried to block my access points before. however I have released areas I had pillared, for the right price.... I was there first, you want my land, you pay! or go away!:P

On 7/23/2018 at 10:38 AM, Donk67 said:

As far as I'm concerned bartering and dealing is part of the game, if you want a particular area on a particular map and it's pillared out, negotiate for it with whoever has it pillared..... I myself have pillared area's merely to protect access to my base from rogue builders who have tried to block my access points before. however I have released areas I had pillared, for the right price.... I was there first, you want my land, you pay! or go away!:P

and when the pillars name is a bunch of squares? or they dont speak a word of english are russian / chinese etc etc these are all limits which should not affect us ingame if WC put in a decent translator - my land we pay? WE all bought the game and if on an official server have the same rights too only difference is you or others are taking the 'my land' BS to a whole new level there is a reasonable amount of pillar block to prevent 'too close' neighbours but if u pillar the whole beach / swamp / cold area etc thats is been a greedy ass

An easy option which i have been suggesting for the past years is to have the community admins who are actively helping out in the servers as junior admins to manage pillars.
All you need is just to identify the right person for the right job and best of all its free of charge. For the love of the game.

- jadmin [whoever] remove pillars  <------------- hahahaha

On 7/23/2018 at 4:38 AM, Donk67 said:

thats a ridiculous suggestion. it encourages players to pillar off the best areas with the intention of getting something in exchange for it in the future.

Pillaring needs to be fixed. It's totally out of hand at this point on official pve. Idc what bs reason are being stated here, there's absolutely no reason for one or two tribes to have the ENTIRE map pillared off. Everyone paid for this game just like these tribes who block off the whole map with pillars. Its ridiculous for these people to think they have any right to control an entire map. So  if you want to have a map all to yourself and play power trip, then play single player or pay for a nitrado. I've been to 10 official pve servers today and not a single one of them were playable. Nowhere to build, one tribe pillaring the entire map, yet they have 10 large bases scattered everywhere. I just started playing official this week after playing ark for a year because I've always been told by several day 1 players that any official server is total cancer for these reasons. And they were right. This needs to be continually reviewed and talked about until this crap is fixed. 

I know it may have already be said... But please change Adobe from 8 days like wood tier to 12 days like stone tier and less dinos can damage it like stone with very few dinos from wood tier. The cost adobe is of stone quality resource wise. It has all the same engrames as stone with exception of added items liks pots and ladders. The structure points is fine.

Just a heads up to this whatever is currently in play was deleting pillars i was using on my build, it would always auto destroy them, somehow i got it not to destroy them, this was about 6+ pillars long or so not a single pillar so hopefully whatever is done doesn't remove vital pillars from structures (not that mine pillar structure needs it all) but i used a majority of them as a design choice (and wall to prevent meshing into base) rather than a need to keep the base up. (If that makes sense.)

Also just another random thought, people like space, they also like resources, such as wood, crops, and wilds for meat, hopefully that is also being considered as if anyone "else" currently have 5+ neighbors old and new, they will eventually remove the resources from my (our..) location...I've pillared a perimeter for said resources, i didn't go over board and i am able to feed things.  Some people pillar entire maps, that is an issue, i pillar my area and worked with a neighbor by using the billboard structures to communicate if they need me to remove anything, they did, i did, seem to have no issues now.

My area is small, back and front of my place, that is it.

My Abb server however seems to have been metal pillard to hell by an azn tribe.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived