Structure Decay Changes

Jatheish

Bases can be large that is fine never had a problem getting land to build on try taming something away from base can’t build protected area around it because someone put a bunch of pillars down now that is a problem. So a quick fix is not a solution. Trying to create a limit to random structures is an issue. So here is a idea.

1. We all should have one item that when we set it down gives us a build radius around it about the size of 12B gates squared.  Let’s call that item the black box.

2. The black box will not claim the land around it. It’s only purpose is to make a 10 day timer on everything u build inside of it.

3. When building within your set radius all structures are set on the same 10 day decay timer. No more glass breaking before stone or metal lasting the longest. I hate going away from the game for 4 days and have to replace my green house because my glass walls auto decayed.

4.Build outside of that radius structures will decay after 8 hours. 

5. This would be the best solution to a global ark problem aside of creating an economy based game with currency.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blackmage2015 said:

Bases can be large that is fine never had a problem getting land to build on try taming something away from base can’t build protected area around it because someone put a bunch of pillars down now that is a problem. So a quick fix is not a solution. Trying to create a limit to random structures is an issue. So here is a idea.

1. We all should have one item that when we set it down gives us a build radius around it about the size of 12B gates squared.  Let’s call that item the black box.

2. The black box will not claim the land around it. It’s only purpose is to make a 10 day timer on everything u build inside of it.

3. When building within your set radius all structures are set on the same 10 day decay timer. No more glass breaking before stone or metal lasting the longest. I hate going away from the game for 4 days and have to replace my green house because my glass walls auto decayed.

4.Build outside of that radius structures will decay after 8 hours. 

5. This would be the best solution to a global ark problem aside of creating an economy based game with currency.

1. Way too small an area. This would only make building much taller causing greater server lag.

2. Why reduce the timers on building materials? This will only make the game more of a tedious chore reducing enjoyment.

3. Glass has already been updated to last 15 days,  metal is 16 days, and Tek is 20 days. What would be the point in grinding for Tek when thatch or wood would last just as long and is much much easier to build?

4. If you want to spend all day taming Dinos you would have to keep building new cages because they would keep disappearing?

5. What kind of currency are you talking about? Real money would be a horrid idea and there is no need for a currency as resources already serve that purpose. These ideas are not a solution just a downgrading of the game experience. A better solution would be adding global account unlocks with the ability to create what was unlocked. This would greatly decrease the need to hold onto Dinos and items. Pairing this with stasis chambers that allow for egg laying without the need to render the dino or its animations would help make bases much smaller than Ark currently requires if you plan on accomplishing anything in the game.

2 hours ago, doon said:

I feel a personal foundation/pillar limit might be a simple solution to the pillaring problem. You would then have to choose between a large base or a lot of pillars.

think about it, this will not help at all, it's not the fault of the pillar. think of the reason why people do this: out of their need or because of the size of their brain(griefers/trolls) . A solution to be found is at the roots of this problem. 

14 hours ago, LimitlessAeon said:

You say that, but when we all started day 1 abb release, dozens of tribes were making their first bases there.

It was only until after settling in portal, with further experience, tribes decided to go deeper into the map. 

The guy has a point to want to start with a damn campfire there at least. 

I think you should be able to put campfires wherever you like.  Just make a rule that they decay after half an hour when they are not on your territory.  Like that at least players can prepare a stash of meat and be on their way.   But that's another discussion.

"When we all started abberation on day 1" is 6 months ago by now.  I commented on a post from 6 june.  It's pretty common knowledge these days that you don't stick around in the portal area, pillared or not. 

I understand resource protection very well, however, I have a story for you: 

"I persuaded two players to play Ark showing them how amazing this game can be (because it is not). They were skeptical from the beginning, they saw comments and ratings from Ark: SE on Steam. They bought the game. They joined my server. For information, it's 344 ... The bad luck -> 2x event. You'll ask why it's bad luck after all everything is 2x. One thing that developers did not mention is that the lags are 2x too. So, because I was not present, they decided to do what every player does, they killed the dodo, they got a campfire recipe and they decided to bake the meat. Success ! ... absolutely not. A moron placed pillars to protect valuable resources on the beach. These valuable resources are Dodo, Trike and ofc palms !! They were looking for 30 minutes for a place to put campfire because they  getting familiar messages everywhere. Too close to hostile foundations. I warned them about it earlier, so the flout was smaller than you would expect. Finally, success ... there is a place for a bonfire near the swamps. We all know how it ended :) .. After 2 hours of fighting with a place for a small house and bonfire and survival, the only thing they said - to fu-this  and came back to Conan ... They gave negative ratings on Steam and probably never come back ... "

Our community is not big. He has about 60 people playing different games, but only I stayed in Ark. I will see how long because I am just looking for places on the beach in Ragnarok .. you probably know how it will end ... 

I was so excited for this new change...    

Then you went and said.. ehe nah.. will think of something better..    ?‍♂️

At the moment people are grieving others, using this technique.Yes this is also used for positive goals,HOWEVER,guys! com eon! Dont retract ideas just cause of uproar..

Apply said idea,and then move on,do changes,refine etc..

Apply your solution,help current situation,THEN AND ONLY THEN, announce this will change and work on refining changing it.   (sorry for repeat,its for emphasis effect ? )

For a moment there I thought we were moving something forward with this pillaring issue.. (Theres also more immediate concerned aka CAP but something is better then nothing!So thanks for nothing,were back to nothing with PROMISE of something.. blah ?)

On 6/5/2018 at 11:04 PM, Jatheish said:

Survivors,

First and foremost, thank you! Since our announcement post yesterday, we've received an incredible amount of feedback and have decided that we are not going to be rolling out the structural changes this week. We've decided to step back and reevaluate our solution, taking into account the feedback you’ve provided.

Our intent behind the change remains the same. We want to address structure spamming issues (pillar/foundation spam) which often takes place when players attempt to claim or grief different areas of the map in both PVE and PVP. However, we understand that there is legitimate gameplay uses for these mechanics. We want to make sure that the inevitable change we make recognises and can differentiate between illegitimate and legitimate cases.
We want to ensure that our change is a step forward for the game overall. 

We anticipate that this could be a significant change for the game, which is why we need the extra time to step back and reconsider all possible options. We remain vigilant and dedicated to addressing issues that affect survivors the most and want to be cautious that changes like these benefit players overall without causing more harm than good. Stay tuned, as we’re hoping to have more details on the update in the future, as well as the ability to work with you directly in determining the best solution.

I'm glad to read that. I already saw our island base surrounded by a thatch slum and our little stonehenge peninsula void of any rocks and trees. Apart from herb island, there is no other place on the whole map where you can farm stone and wood as easily and safely. It would be a shame.

What I think would be REALLY nice to have (instead?) is a new item that looks like a small tree ("wood" tier) or rock ("stone/metal" tier) and has a bigger claiming radius than a pillar. Each tribe can place a certain (reasonable) amount of them so you can still protect the area in and around your base and claim land for a small outpost or 2, but not limitlessly spam all over the map. In addition to claiming land, you have a menu that lets you choose whether you want it to block wild dino spawns, resource spawns (trees/rocks/bushes etc), both of them, or none at all (i.e. currently, if you don't want wild dinos to spawn inside your fenced in base area, you have to place foundations, but they also block trees and rocks from growing back, which is not always desired). Maybe when placing them, there is an indicator that lets you know how far apart they can be placed, to not waste them - i.e. it's red if another one is nearby (similar to "too close to enemy foundation", but in this case it is still placeable and being red just shows that there is no need to place it there because the area is already protected. I'm not sure how this would keep people from using pillars, I just think it would be nice to have ?

Additionally, just don't allow building on bigger/dense resource spawns at all (like it already is i.e. on central mountain on SE where you can't build on the path up that has metal, crystal, obsidian and salt, or the upper part of the redwood mountain on Island).

I'm impressed with your listening to the player base. I am excited about doing something about the pillar spamming but also agree that it is used for legitimate reasons too. I wholeheartedly endorse some kind of no build zone around critical resource zones and rare spawn areas. Is my whole base rests on pillars in a swamp, the decay plan you had could have been a significant issue.

On 6/5/2018 at 6:04 PM, Jatheish said:

Sobreviventes

Em primeiro lugar, obrigado! Desde o nosso anúncio de ontem, recebemos uma quantidade incrível de feedback e decidimos que não vamos lançar as mudanças estruturais nesta semana. Decidimos dar um passo atrás e reavaliar nossa solução, levando em conta o feedback que você forneceu.

Nossa intenção por trás da mudança continua a mesma. Queremos abordar problemas de spam de estrutura (spam de pilar / fundação) que geralmente ocorrem quando os jogadores tentam reivindicar ou lamentar diferentes áreas do mapa em PVE e PVP . No entanto, entendemos que existem utilizações legítimas da jogabilidade para estas mecânicas. Queremos ter certeza de que a inevitável mudança que fazemos reconheça e possa diferenciar entre casos ilegítimos e legítimos.
Queremos garantir que nossa mudança seja um passo à frente para o jogo em geral. 

Prevemos que isso possa ser uma mudança significativa para o jogo, e é por isso que precisamos do tempo extra para voltar atrás e reconsiderar todas as opções possíveis. Permanecemos vigilantes e dedicados a abordar questões que afetam mais os sobreviventes e queremos ser cautelosos, pois mudanças como essas beneficiam os jogadores em geral, sem causar mais danos do que benefícios. Fique ligado, pois esperamos ter mais detalhes sobre a atualização no futuro, bem como a capacidade de trabalhar diretamente com você para determinar a melhor solução.

I'm glad to know, because many places and resources would be decimated by inexperienced players

Here are my observations. I hope that they help inform newcomers/developers as to what is going on in regards to player-vs-pillars. Not that I support it, Its that there is a reason as to why it is happening. I hope my report is good for diagnostic purposes:

• PvE is the only-place where formidable thatch and wood bases can exists. Anything less than stone on PvP generally gets raided on the same day that the survivor built it. This creates a huge-difference within game modes. I was able to sustain a stone structure on PvP for almost a week. I had a base of wood and thatch for a MONTH. That indifference should not exist. Because it does, on PvE we generally wind up with a handfull of players who simply wish that they wanted to play the game. That doesn't change the reality that they don't want to play.

• Players do not receive any stone structures until level 17, at level 17 they can only unlock the irrigation stuff. At level 24 a player can start to build a stone building. There are no BP's for stone structures either. Stone can be considered a good measure of interpreting the players desire to actually play this game.

• One of the first objectives in ark is obviously explorer notes. If we cannot build a complete stone hut until level 24, and a complete stone base until level 31 then a player starting out on any PvP server should definitely start grinding out those levels. explorer the map. die several times. get familiar with the territory. Again: sadly, because of the way that PvE works the same initial objectives for any serious player does not apply.

• That is why there are generally pillars everywhere. Its nothing against the constant player-base. this PvE pillar war was never meant to extend out to you guys. I remember whenever it all started on the legacy servers. It was about bobs. bobs building over resources such as metal nodes, killing plant-spawns in the local vicinity, blocking rivers which should be considered a pathway considering that rafts and motorboats can only travel rivers. After-all; that does break the engram of the raft and the motorboat if you cannot even use it. Players get-mad because lands-locked. I've been on 83 for almost 1 full year now and played legacy before.

• There is a reason why "bobs" and "humans" aren't trusted players. On PvE; try earning some-trust. large-tribes that see that will make sure that you get your footing in somewhere. I promise.

• Meanwhile; when these things happen, it can be so hard to get our tickets addressed.

• Some of these experienced players that the new players are referring to as ***holes; are actually pretty nice-people that legitimately care about the community they play with. I've seen the veterans of a PvE server pull-together 3 official PvE servers in a row. I've seen therizinos, gigas, and wyverns given away. I've been a part of that. In PvE I have sent 4 of my own men and brought in 6 others against alpha broodmother with tames that I provided. Not all of them were in my alliance. On PvE we GIVE. You guys have seen it in your forums before.

• We give a lot too because we REALIZE that ALPHA ASCENTION and ALPHA DRAGON are LEVEL 100 ONLY FIGHTS. PvE is backed so much more by the alliance system and so much less by the tribe system than what PvP is. PvE should stand for Players Vs. Environment. that is because mega-tribes on PvE aren't quiet so-common as they are on PvP. This is because the PvE game-mode restrictions such as tame-cap.

• On PvP: Alphas simply smash everyone, recruiting those that drew attention to themselves, letting the whiners quit, and waiting for the next iteration of new players to continue deciding "who is joining us?" because alpha-tribes just want pure-solid power. Its a tribe consisting of a bunch of experience deleting nubs to reduce the active server cap which brings more veterans that the alpha tribes can recruit; back onto the server.

• On PvE: We generally get the same PvP powers that mega-tribes have by cooperating with each other, because we cannot beat each other till they either break or join us. Alliances are symbolic of that on PvE. In fact, there are not any "pillar problems" for those that have good relations. Its not because one tribe owns all the pillars either. Its because all of the active players who put forth 8hrs a day in this game... own the pillars.
    They own the alliance.

• And its just that, of which we "choose" to sacrifice a little-bit of our tribes security to add some security to the map and the resources that are on the map by allowing players that have been here for a little while to play and build through the alliance system.

• When a new player joins a server, their first question is: "can I join tribe.", second question is "Where can I build." but rarely do they ask "How can I make friends?". Often, sponsored opportunities are made for them and they don't want to take them. If they wanted to play solo-- as some of them proclaim as to their reasons of why; then why are they on a mmo? I have allied so-many people out of something as little as a shared-swamp cave raid, they can have all the harvests and the bps. I provide the tames and the gas masks. (You know, I did that because I know that after-the cave raid they will also have STONE structures.).

• Before I quit PvP; an alpha-tribe that I was in had a database application that actually logged the amount of tames and structures that a tribe had to calculate man-hours to help us determine our prospects that we would recruit after our next-wave of wipes. It was all manual entry. Was basically the same-thing an excel spreadsheet can provide.

• On that PvP server we recruited the people that got the furthest, let the rest quit. rinse-repeat every time that new players joined. We studied the stats and kept the players that performed in the 90th percentile. Leaving the other players to either stick around by rebuilding or quit (to be replaced by someone that really does want to play) before we had another wipe again. It looked like a game of good-cop/bad-cop where one player would encourage the rest of the server to play to their utmost potential; and then another player would initiate wipes, while the tribes that did perform to their potential (listening to alpha, while alpha was nice.) got recruited for showing a sense of purpose (right after alpha conducted the wipes.).

• Being one with the active-server requires establishing trust, and it should. Ark doesn't hold anything from another person (like a deposit) for them to have that trust. Do not blame them. But on the contrary having trust is not implicit in the architecture of the game either. As I said, players kill each others spawns, deforest an area, and break engrams. I think devs should require brand new players to explore the island like any-player should. Maybe they should be required to find "hidden tools" spread across the map to unlock their abilities to build. 

• After playing for a while: the best-fix for this is a game-tip at the loading screen: "Establish good relations with the players.". Whether in the PvP alpha tribe or the PvE alliance of ALL THE ACTIVE PLAYERS it doesn't change the fact that end-game; its one-map; one-team. BOTH game-modes revolve around good player politics.

• The alliance of the active players on 83 today talked and are actively piping resources out to a new-tribe that has existed for about a month, resources like complete (level 300+) breeds to boss fight with, gigas to level with, etc. Simply because they have been around, and since they have been around we plan on them being around and that is another level 100 to make the ark PvE economy a little-bit more healthier. 

I hope that my observations can help the devs with the solution that they look to applying. realistically; implicit structure is so much easier to follow/abide by than policy. They are also enforced internally and implicitly rather than externally and explicitly.

@lilpanda | The alliance system does address/fix the pillar issue. | Out of all the players whining about this dilemma, I don't think any of them asked how they can make friends. We gladly offer alliances over cave-raids, boss-fights, etc. We pay for it and provide it at no-cost to the new friend. I've seen more than one-tribe do this. Doing/Sharing game-content together shows a since of purpose, the only means of which that someone's character can be measured.

FDE2F745D5224811D195B0E16B88E1EFD571E48C
    856CC9D1F8503681F5FEABE41C9712B042B25190DFBDAC28CB74A9D643352A10F03FE614C9D72F86AC878FB137903344AAF968F79D977FF49495B38B5F65AD263CC1ACE48C178984DD46FA79A83845D0

I understand the reason to assess the issue more but the pillars on my aberration server PVE and ragnarok server PVE is serious. One Tribe has pillars everywhere and is hard to build anything bigger than a 8x8 building structure. On my ragnarok server 2 tribes have claimed the sorched earth section of the map and can't build at all because of their pillars. Every server I go to has this same issue with land claiming. No matter what you do, you are still going to make people in this community mad. I don't really play anymore because of this pillar issue. I think this mechanic is ruining the game. People say it is to protect the resources but that is a fraction of the true intent in claiming a lot of land. I smell BS when I hear it. They are afraid of their land coming available to new people to the game. 

19 hours ago, dwizard0 said:

I'm impressed with your listening to the player base. I am excited about doing something about the pillar spamming but also agree that it is used for legitimate reasons too. I wholeheartedly endorse some kind of no build zone around critical resource zones and rare spawn areas. Is my whole base rests on pillars in a swamp, the decay plan you had could have been a significant issue.

Amen ...

On 6/9/2018 at 12:13 PM, jrulie101 said:

Here are my observations. I hope that they help inform newcomers/developers as to what is going on in regards to player-vs-pillars. Not that I support it, Its that there is a reason as to why it is happening. I hope my report is good for diagnostic purposes:

• PvE is the only-place where formidable thatch and wood bases can exists. Anything less than stone on PvP generally gets raided on the same day that the survivor built it. This creates a huge-difference within game modes. I was able to sustain a stone structure on PvP for almost a week. I had a base of wood and thatch for a MONTH. That indifference should not exist. Because it does, on PvE we generally wind up with a handfull of players who simply wish that they wanted to play the game. That doesn't change the reality that they don't want to play.

• Players do not receive any stone structures until level 17, at level 17 they can only unlock the irrigation stuff. At level 24 a player can start to build a stone building. There are no BP's for stone structures either. Stone can be considered a good measure of interpreting the players desire to actually play this game.

• One of the first objectives in ark is obviously explorer notes. If we cannot build a complete stone hut until level 24, and a complete stone base until level 31 then a player starting out on any PvP server should definitely start grinding out those levels. explorer the map. die several times. get familiar with the territory. Again: sadly, because of the way that PvE works the same initial objectives for any serious player does not apply.

• That is why there are generally pillars everywhere. Its nothing against the constant player-base. this PvE pillar war was never meant to extend out to you guys. I remember whenever it all started on the legacy servers. It was about bobs. bobs building over resources such as metal nodes, killing plant-spawns in the local vicinity, blocking rivers which should be considered a pathway considering that rafts and motorboats can only travel rivers. After-all; that does break the engram of the raft and the motorboat if you cannot even use it. Players get-mad because lands-locked. I've been on 83 for almost 1 full year now and played legacy before.

• There is a reason why "bobs" and "humans" aren't trusted players. On PvE; try earning some-trust. large-tribes that see that will make sure that you get your footing in somewhere. I promise.

• Meanwhile; when these things happen, it can be so hard to get our tickets addressed.

• Some of these experienced players that the new players are referring to as ***holes; are actually pretty nice-people that legitimately care about the community they play with. I've seen the veterans of a PvE server pull-together 3 official PvE servers in a row. I've seen therizinos, gigas, and wyverns given away. I've been a part of that. In PvE I have sent 4 of my own men and brought in 6 others against alpha broodmother with tames that I provided. Not all of them were in my alliance. On PvE we GIVE. You guys have seen it in your forums before.

• We give a lot too because we REALIZE that ALPHA ASCENTION and ALPHA DRAGON are LEVEL 100 ONLY FIGHTS. PvE is backed so much more by the alliance system and so much less by the tribe system than what PvP is. PvE should stand for Players Vs. Environment. that is because mega-tribes on PvE aren't quiet so-common as they are on PvP. This is because the PvE game-mode restrictions such as tame-cap.

• On PvP: Alphas simply smash everyone, recruiting those that drew attention to themselves, letting the whiners quit, and waiting for the next iteration of new players to continue deciding "who is joining us?" because alpha-tribes just want pure-solid power. Its a tribe consisting of a bunch of experience deleting nubs to reduce the active server cap which brings more veterans that the alpha tribes can recruit; back onto the server.

• On PvE: We generally get the same PvP powers that mega-tribes have by cooperating with each other, because we cannot beat each other till they either break or join us. Alliances are symbolic of that on PvE. In fact, there are not any "pillar problems" for those that have good relations. Its not because one tribe owns all the pillars either. Its because all of the active players who put forth 8hrs a day in this game... own the pillars.
    They own the alliance.

• And its just that, of which we "choose" to sacrifice a little-bit of our tribes security to add some security to the map and the resources that are on the map by allowing players that have been here for a little while to play and build through the alliance system.

• When a new player joins a server, their first question is: "can I join tribe.", second question is "Where can I build." but rarely do they ask "How can I make friends?". Often, sponsored opportunities are made for them and they don't want to take them. If they wanted to play solo-- as some of them proclaim as to their reasons of why; then why are they on a mmo? I have allied so-many people out of something as little as a shared-swamp cave raid, they can have all the harvests and the bps. I provide the tames and the gas masks. (You know, I did that because I know that after-the cave raid they will also have STONE structures.).

• Before I quit PvP; an alpha-tribe that I was in had a database application that actually logged the amount of tames and structures that a tribe had to calculate man-hours to help us determine our prospects that we would recruit after our next-wave of wipes. It was all manual entry. Was basically the same-thing an excel spreadsheet can provide.

• On that PvP server we recruited the people that got the furthest, let the rest quit. rinse-repeat every time that new players joined. We studied the stats and kept the players that performed in the 90th percentile. Leaving the other players to either stick around by rebuilding or quit (to be replaced by someone that really does want to play) before we had another wipe again. It looked like a game of good-cop/bad-cop where one player would encourage the rest of the server to play to their utmost potential; and then another player would initiate wipes, while the tribes that did perform to their potential (listening to alpha, while alpha was nice.) got recruited for showing a sense of purpose (right after alpha conducted the wipes.).

• Being one with the active-server requires establishing trust, and it should. Ark doesn't hold anything from another person (like a deposit) for them to have that trust. Do not blame them. But on the contrary having trust is not implicit in the architecture of the game either. As I said, players kill each others spawns, deforest an area, and break engrams. I think devs should require brand new players to explore the island like any-player should. Maybe they should be required to find "hidden tools" spread across the map to unlock their abilities to build. 

• After playing for a while: the best-fix for this is a game-tip at the loading screen: "Establish good relations with the players.". Whether in the PvP alpha tribe or the PvE alliance of ALL THE ACTIVE PLAYERS it doesn't change the fact that end-game; its one-map; one-team. BOTH game-modes revolve around good player politics.

• The alliance of the active players on 83 today talked and are actively piping resources out to a new-tribe that has existed for about a month, resources like complete (level 300+) breeds to boss fight with, gigas to level with, etc. Simply because they have been around, and since they have been around we plan on them being around and that is another level 100 to make the ark PvE economy a little-bit more healthier. 

I hope that my observations can help the devs with the solution that they look to applying. realistically; implicit structure is so much easier to follow/abide by than policy. They are also enforced internally and implicitly rather than externally and explicitly.

@lilpanda | The alliance system does address/fix the pillar issue. | Out of all the players whining about this dilemma, I don't think any of them asked how they can make friends. We gladly offer alliances over cave-raids, boss-fights, etc. We pay for it and provide it at no-cost to the new friend. I've seen more than one-tribe do this. Doing/Sharing game-content together shows a since of purpose, the only means of which that someone's character can be measured.

FDE2F745D5224811D195B0E16B88E1EFD571E48C
    856CC9D1F8503681F5FEABE41C9712B042B25190DFBDAC28CB74A9D643352A10F03FE614C9D72F86AC878FB137903344AAF968F79D977FF49495B38B5F65AD263CC1ACE48C178984DD46FA79A83845D0

yea you tell them we are good with pillars

new joiners are just whining because troodons won't let them get past 10 steps in any direction

PROBLEM IS TROODON OMG DEV PLEASE NEFR FIX PL0X

I found the fix , the fix to all of our issues !!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!  We need more servers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

With more servers. This will fix alot of our issues.

*Less pillering cause more poeple would see it as resource waste.

*Less people will quit out of boredom from capped servers

*less griefing cause we will want people on our server.. instead of trying to chase them off to save the server cap. So instead of telling the noobs its server cap we can be nicer.

*less building on one server, so it will be more like the time frame then more like dino apartments being built next to each other.

Wildcard doesnt understand the bipolar effect this game has with the abuse relationship we have with it. We love it but it hates us.. I honestly believe it.. in a capped server. I feel like wildcard built this game to troll people who like games like this as i suffocate and lose the will to play.

More servers will open up more room in servers. Just think about it ...

Guest chancho33015

Here is my only question...why not force people to build a ground foundation as a base requierement and start counting structure limit from that? that will force everyone to keep things close...of for lack of a better word...to make 1 freaking base. not 10 around the map. #problemsolved you are welcome. XD lol

7 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

Here is my only question...why not force people to build a ground foundation as a base requierement and start counting structure limit from that? that will force everyone to keep things close...of for lack of a better word...to make 1 freaking base. not 10 around the map. #problemsolved you are welcome. XD lol

How to build traps close to the spawns of certain animals? What about respawn huts close to obelisks? Outposts for caving?

On 6/6/2018 at 8:01 AM, Cataclisto said:

We were paranoid that our bronto defense would crumble, pillars about 5 tall on a single fence foundation not snapped to others... The pillars lived... for now :P
FRD8s1J.jpg
A safeguard should be added if any pillar change is made, say if they belong to a tribe, and tribe has tames and large structures in area the pillars will "not" be removed

i like this idea u should be able to pillar around ur base ( i like to not have someone building near me and taking all the building mats away), but have it that u cant have pillars in random spots with no big buildings around. or something like that. 

Glad to see that WC is looking at all the options/issues/feedback. Pillaring is an issue, and will continue to be so until a fix is put into place.  

I have noticed a few posts suggesting to base land on tribe size.  That may or may not work.  In my case...will not work.  We have two people in our tribe (pve) and do quite well at it.  Of course we have been gaming together for well over 10 years, so we can pretty much anticipate each others moves and handle just about any challenge. Now our bases are not the largest I have seen, but they are also not the smallest.  We build to accommodate for our dino's, breeding said dino's, greenhouse and of course all the other items needed for survival (i.e. generator, industrial grill etc.) Our server is pretty friendly and people actually  team up for the tough stuff which always makes for a good time.  Limited land size based on tribe size will only cater to the large tribes, which again, makes it tough for the little guys that just want to enjoy the game and be able to do all the fun stuff :) 

As far as suggestions to do away with pve servers...that would be a huge dis-service to those of us that have no interest in getting ganked by the alpha tribe on a daily basis.  Have been on both sides of that situation in other games and find neither enjoyable. Raiding the smaller and/or weaker tribes only drives them away from the game (and it gets pretty boring at that point), forced alliances just to stay alive..can be beneficial but only if you enjoy servitude.  

Now a mixed server  where players can choose to pvp or pve; that may be interesting.  That way if you are farming or gathering, no worries.  But if you ARE in the mood to hunt your fellow survivors and raid, that option would be available.  Mechanics of course would need to be worked out (battleground areas come to mind here.  No building, just a pvp zone within each server. Rare dino's could be here, making it a challenge to get them...possibilities are endless). 

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived