Structure Decay Changes

Jatheish

My allies and I were talking about this and were worried about possible issues. I’m glad you have backed off for now. I think we have come up with a solution..... make a new structure called a land marker (or something similar) and limit the number a tribe can place/make for their map. After that they can’t put out any more. Easy way to still be able to protect areas around our bases and not be able to overtake the map.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/10/2018 at 2:57 PM, Cetaphil said:

I found the fix , the fix to all of our issues !!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!  We need more servers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

With more servers. This will fix alot of our issues.

*Less pillering cause more poeple would see it as resource waste.

*Less people will quit out of boredom from capped servers

*less griefing cause we will want people on our server.. instead of trying to chase them off to save the server cap. So instead of telling the noobs its server cap we can be nicer.

*less building on one server, so it will be more like the time frame then more like dino apartments being built next to each other.

Wildcard doesnt understand the bipolar effect this game has with the abuse relationship we have with it. We love it but it hates us.. I honestly believe it.. in a capped server. I feel like wildcard built this game to troll people who like games like this as i suffocate and lose the will to play.

More servers will open up more room in servers. Just think about it ...

!!!!!!!!!!!!  We need more servers !!!!!!!!!!!!! , we do !

On 6/5/2018 at 5:04 PM, BLACKCAT said:

its because you play ark on xbox :P

tbh, it may have been on a rock or tree, it happend to me also, that a respawning tree autodecayed one of my dinos

just bad luck

LOL! Btw, thanks for clarify how it was only bad luck. That was a good wholly rhino (it has been difficult to find a good level one to me).

How about every survivor gets 5 wooden stakes.  You plant that stake, youll have a build radius.  You decide if you want to expand your build radius by planting other stakes nearby, or use the other stakes to build outposts across maps.

Joining a tribe combines wooden stakes with other players.  You get to build bigger bases and more outposts.

But you wont be able to pillar spam the entire map unless you have like really big tribe.  Then have a server option to turn this on or off. 

.....and yes, we need more servers.   

How about the more things you attach to other things the decay time goes up towards it's intended maximum.  A small 1x1 would perhaps have 75% less decay time compared to a much larger structure.  A structure that is at least 3x3 or meets a certain number of 'attached' structures in a given area would max out the decay timer.  This would of course be relative to the type of structure and correlating decay timer range (ex:  Thatch, Wood, Metal Decay timer basically as the decay timer increases per building tier).

Taking this into consideration a foundation with only a fence foundation placed on it would have the near the bare minimum decay timer it could have.  A single foundation would have the shortest decay timer of course in comparison.  A structure with 2 attached structures to a foundation would have still close to a foundation with 1 fence foundation.  The increase in decay timer would only increase greatly when the structure constitutes a building with walls on all sides and ceilings.  The 75% for a 1x1 with walls, doorway and door, and ceiling would be an example obviously of how long the timer would last in corresponding to a structures size and tier.

This isn't simple, but it's perhaps a much better solution.

On 6/5/2018 at 11:10 PM, waylayer said:

what? u cant tame on a tame capped server man, pillars aren't the problem, u can find a good place to build if u tame a pteranodon but if the server is tame capped u can't fly to look for a good place

I am not a man, I am a woman! LOL

But first of all, I said that pillars was more of an issue, not they was the only issue..

Secondly, the reason why I said this is because I am looking more into people that have spent long hours on building a base to be blocked in by people that are pillaring right out side the fences.. *Cough* Like they did to me *Cough* Like they did to a few of my friends! (Also pillaring IN PEOPLES bases)

So lets round this up, before you snap at me again :) Both are important, but right now, what this post is about, is the pillaring, which is, to me and many others more important than the tame cap 

Ps, tames is getting sorted by removing to 200 rafts that people are placing out but they will only know if you report them.. Bare in mind they will be already busy doing all the reports they have been getting lately so a bit of penitence goes a long way..

On 6/5/2018 at 11:04 PM, Jatheish said:

Survivors,

First and foremost, thank you! Since our announcement post yesterday, we've received an incredible amount of feedback and have decided that we are not going to be rolling out the structural changes this week. We've decided to step back and reevaluate our solution, taking into account the feedback you’ve provided.

Our intent behind the change remains the same. We want to address structure spamming issues (pillar/foundation spam) which often takes place when players attempt to claim or grief different areas of the map in both PVE and PVP. However, we understand that there is legitimate gameplay uses for these mechanics. We want to make sure that the inevitable change we make recognises and can differentiate between illegitimate and legitimate cases.
We want to ensure that our change is a step forward for the game overall. 

We anticipate that this could be a significant change for the game, which is why we need the extra time to step back and reconsider all possible options. We remain vigilant and dedicated to addressing issues that affect survivors the most and want to be cautious that changes like these benefit players overall without causing more harm than good. Stay tuned, as we’re hoping to have more details on the update in the future, as well as the ability to work with you directly in determining the best solution.

Thanks! I was afraid some of my big bases (on multiple servers) would decay. Glad you guys didnt do that!

We just need to be able to protect resource areas (metal nodes, beaver dams, obsidian and crystal nodes) and prevent other tribes from building us in by building on rivers to block rafts or by literally gating us in so we can't do meat runs. Pillars have use in ark. would be bad to see them go away altogether and we have to resort to spawn blocking structures to prevent map being trashed by noobs and trolls

Leave the game as is, how much worse (could you guys make it) could it possibly get, lag, lag, lag, freeze frame, rubber banding, disconnection, it's a roller coaster ride and a magical mystery tour all rolled into one.... The mystery being how long before you DC again and die and loose your mount and shoulder companion too.... Add more servers, Add more servers make the game play smoother and cure the server lag issues.... Keep up the good work guys! O.o

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived