Changes To Structure Decay Rules

Demerus

9 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I'm definitely no PVE player but surely this whole mess could be easily solved by having a special building item limited to 1 or 2 per tribe that you place where you want to build and it marks in a radius around it the area as unbuildable to any other tribe or player.

At the same time you would mark caves, obelisks, metal spawns and certain dino spawn areas as unbuildable to any tribe on the server. Every other structure not in the radius of the special building piece would be able to be destroyed like on a normal PVP server and would decay more rapidly.

funny i suggested that idea (which is old ... arma 2 times) already 2 years ago to WC, because i saw the pillar issue, i can only assume why they dont do it that way

odd they always claimed to listen to the community, specially in the early EA phase

seems now proofed they care more about noobish whiners that arent even able to walk more than 200m away from the public spawns, than their old player base, which could give some good suggestions maybe 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thinking the older players whining more, they have more to "lose" than the new guy dying on the beach by compys lol. New people just wanna play, and if someone feels the need to take a whole map to themselves, they should go to single player or a dedicated server. Official is for everyone not just people from before the full release. 

I have key resource areas pillared off to prevent trolls/noobs from building on them on Legacy servers. I did this after learning the hard way that people will build there and did. Eventually their structures all decayed and I was able to pillar these areas off so that no one could build there and ruin the metal/beaver spawns. Now it sounds like this new decay change will remove those pillars and once again allow griefers to build in key areas. While this change on a normal official server wouldnt be a big deal because those resource spots are build blocked by the game, on Legacy servers those build blocks are not in place! We need pillars on Legacy to protect these spots. I really hope this change doesnt hit the Legacy servers.

16 minutes ago, Wowiwon said:

I thinking the older players whining more, they have more to "lose" than the new guy dying on the beach by compys lol. New people just wanna play, and if someone feels the need to take a whole map to themselves, they should go to single player or a dedicated server. Official is for everyone not just people from before the full release. 

older players maybe just see clearly the issues that come from that change better than new players ;) 

its not about owning tha entire server which is BS, you can try to pillar entire map, but this task alone will prolly keep you busy for months when you do alone...

I just started about a month ago on one of the fresh servers, the fresh start was a bless tbh

We had after a week already huge complains about different tribes with only [][][][] names which really went ham on pillaring large sections also pillaring and blocking off other tribes from builduing at their base and bunch of other misconduct. 

We never had issues with players on our growing community which was ables and willing to communicate, we almost always found solutions.

But you have to keep those selfish stubborn players low else they screw the server in 2 weeks, its a fact.

PS:

if a new player struggles and ask for help, which is kinda the base of a good PVE community, to help each other... well if he/she struggles to get a spot to build and not immediatly whines about all the pillars (which are btw. mostly owned by [][][][] tribes near public spawns) there is always at least 1 older player online who is able to give those new players a warm start and taxi them to a free spot.

If a player is blocked by a pillar you can always find a solution, some of them are great allys from mine now, for others i mooved or remooved pillars or even cleared entire areas

But i will not let a person ruin my gameplay which isnt willing to communicate with me and call us "dogs" and "european barbarians".
Yes i installed language package and yes i can translate what the [][][][] tribes write in global chat... you would also not be happy how they think about us.

Pillars safes me from that. Now WC pushes the door open wide again for trolls and griefers.

Say goodbye to pillar spam and say hello to building spam. Glad ol' bob down on the beach is happy until he just stops playing in two weeks anyways, leaving people on the server that have been there since day one without anyway of stopping people from building too close.

I have always been helpful to new people but I see this changing if this rollout happens bad. Glad i have some diplos to leave on peoples bases that build too close and wont move.

15 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

I have key resource areas pillared off to prevent trolls/noobs from building on them on Legacy servers. I did this after learning the hard way that people will build there and did. Eventually their structures all decayed and I was able to pillar these areas off so that no one could build there and ruin the metal/beaver spawns. Now it sounds like this new decay change will remove those pillars and once again allow griefers to build in key areas. While this change on a normal official server wouldnt be a big deal because those resource spots are build blocked by the game, on Legacy servers those build blocks are not in place! We need pillars on Legacy to protect these spots. I really hope this change doesnt hit the Legacy servers.

the key areas on even the freshest official servers arent blocked by game, although its an option in serversettings

2 minutes ago, BLACKCAT said:

the key areas on even the freshest official servers arent blocked by game, although its an option in serversettings

Are you sure? Maybe im mistaken, but the last time I was on a official server (not Legacy) I could swear I was unable to build anything on the metal mountain east of the volcano.

2 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Are you sure? Maybe im mistaken, but the last time I was on a official server (not Legacy) I could swear I was unable to build anything on the metal mountain east of the volcano.

sorry can only confirm that on aberration and ragnarok, but since official servers have all the same set of settings, im pretty sure even the Island have no build restrictions at key recource spawns

maybe you tryed to build too close to top of vulcano, which is building blocked indeed, but regarding to the tek cave and not due to recources

30 minutes ago, BLACKCAT said:

sorry can only confirm that on aberration and ragnarok, but since official servers have all the same set of settings, im pretty sure even the Island have no build restrictions at key recource spawns

maybe you tryed to build too close to top of vulcano, which is building blocked indeed, but regarding to the tek cave and not due to recources

some locations are blocked yes but not all. Some areas only a portion is blocked, not completely. An example is the obsidian mountain on Island, Only the top is spawn blocked, down near the middle and the bottom where metal nodes are do not have building block.

3 minutes ago, Zarcony said:

Hope this is implemented carefully, I can see many exploits used with this if not done right. Think about faster decay and someone that maybe doesn't check on their base as often but has main structures on pillars that now decay faster and someone can come in and break them? Down goes the building also.

even a small base which sit on pillars will not be affected for sure

i am more concerned about my large pillarfence, which i prefer to have instead of walls with fencefoundations, cuase i like it when bushes and trees and rocks grow back in my base

5 minutes ago, Demerus said:

some locations are blocked yes but not all. Some areas only a portion is blocked, not completely. An example is the obsidian mountain on Island, Only the top is spawn blocked, down near the middle and the bottom where metal nodes are do not have building block.

hmm, odd

for sure i have a lot of work to do to, to prevent my pillars from despawn when the poop hits the van...

I think A structure needs to be so big before it blocks dino spawns... Maybe a 5x5 and larger.... then the minimum building requirement can't be a size minimum like a 3x3 (if that's one of their ideas). It needs to be a minimum total of how many walls, fence foundations, pillars, ect are snapped all together to the main foundation.

That way at least players that will be spamming small huts to keep control of their land wont be blocking dino spawns. Everyone knows players are still going to try to structure claim land! And least make it more time consuming and costly to do so rather thsn slapping down pillars and ladders.

Our large fences and curved structures won't be affected if there was a minimum total of how many walls, railings, fence foundations, pillars, ECT. there is all together.

This is the only thing i can think of to preserve dino spawns besides no build zones like many have suggested... As for resources like metal Idk what to suggest.

i think preventing dino spawns isnt realy the topic here, i mean smash down some Xplants and you are fine for the start, later turrets

the main concern is still, how to keep trolls and griefers away from key spawns and off of our property mean closer base area, since the blocking radius of pillar/foundation is only 1 foundations wide

On the other side my evil self cant wait for the WC support beeing literally poopstormed by their own BS they are about to push out with this idea 

49 minutes ago, BLACKCAT said:

even a small base which sit on pillars will not be affected for sure

i am more concerned about my large pillarfence, which i prefer to have instead of walls with fencefoundations, cuase i like it when bushes and trees and rocks grow back in my base

I like that idea, I've never thought about a pillar fence instead of gates or walls. Depending on the new building rules I'm gonna try that out on my next base.

Lol guy above said poopstormed incase u missed it ???. And I don't think that will be the case because it's going to be a mechanic and not a ticket issue. Answer to all complaints "deal with it"... or "build somewhere else" just like people say to new players. It's more like the poopstorm of cries on here that we are all gonna hear soon enough

12 minutes ago, Wowiwon said:

And I don't think that will be the case because it's going to be a mechanic and not a ticket issue. Answer to all complaints "deal with it"... or "build somewhere else" just like people say to new players. It's more like the poopstorm of cries on here that we are all gonna hear soon enough

well if ppl get building blocked because griefers build at their base, they have the good right to request a ticket and should be heared and helped

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/code-of-conduct/

PvE Specific Griefing

> Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers. This can include but is not limited to:

• Building at their base

• Blocking in other tribes dinos

• Blocking access in/out of a tribes base

• Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access

this will ALL happen a lot when they simply remoove all of that "bad" pillarspam 

I've read through this and many other threads on this subject, but honestly I have yet to see a single post that actually states what WC is changing exactly.

Have any specifics been published, like "pillars and ladders will now have a decay of blah blah hours", or "the minimum structure not affected by short auto-decay is a 2x2 building" or something like that?  Or do we simply not know what they're planning at this point?

Sorry in advance if I've missed something wide open lol.

2 minutes ago, TilaSienDa said:

I've read through this and many other threads on this subject, but honestly I have yet to see a single post that actually states what WC is changing exactly.

Have any specifics been published, like "pillars and ladders will now have a decay of blah blah hours", or "the minimum structure not affected by short auto-decay is a 2x2 building" or something like that?  Or do we simply not know what they're planning at this point?

Sorry in advance if I've missed something wide open lol.

the only info is that so far:

In essence, we are redefining what we consider a viable minimum base or set of structures. Structures which do not meet this definition will rapidly decay resulting in the ability to either destroy them by hand or have the server automatically destroy the structures when they are loaded/leave stasis.

from here:

Regarding to their lazyness (by my experience) and their slppyness (by my experience) and their sheer lag of knowing whats really going on on PVE servers,
I bet it will be worse than the last structure decay change they made a while ago

If you have pillars to protect your area or what ever, i highly recommend to safe these areas temporally with some thatch boxes, maybe right on top of the pillar
just a lil box (1x1) 4 walls 2 ceilings should do the deal

read also here:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/336054-community-crunch-134-small-tribes-servers-upcoming-structure-changes-more/&do=findComment&comment=1961733

• 2 weeks later...

most servers are capped, no taming and breeding possible so why do you worry about pillar blocking ?

why no structure limit? Many bases are so big they take minutes to render... (my base too) but if next to my base more big base build then even more lags and render time that's why i have generous pillars blocking around my base.

Archived