Community Crunch 134: Small Tribes Servers, Upcoming Structure Changes, & More!

Jen

3 minutes ago, iguanaarmor said:

Isnt ark supposed to be survival game? Kinda ruins it if you get told by lifeless pillars that youre gonna be attacked.

Yes obviously it’s a survival game, but when your being raided by a mega tribe and your online by yourself you can’t defend when they soak turrets and get in your base in 10mins tops even at turret cap with max bullets. Which is why I’m looking forward to small tribe servers. No megas pushing a 100 cap turret base with 20 people on soakers and blowing through defences

2 hours ago, Nim said:

I don't want to be mean but... this is basically the top 1% complaining about not getting to use things that aren't meant to exist in the first place, while the 99% are worried about being able to survive the updates at all.

Floating bases are not meant to be a thing. Raising dinos en masse inside each other like a 1x1 animal farm in Minecraft is not meant to be a thing.

I have 5k hours in the game. This is not how the majority of PvE players think or act at all, and it's not bad if these things get fixed. Whatever changes Wildcard is gearing up to make towards pillaring are probably going to be awful for everyone and I absolutely do not agree with it, but being unhappy about maybe losing your magically hovering house is ridiculous.

You must not understand what a floating base is, most player pillar the perimeter to prevent dinos from coming under the base and use snap points with pillars to float the middle to save on resources. It is not some magical floating base like in previous bugs. It is literally using the pillars as foundations.

Another assumption is that you think the game is supposed to be played a certain way, I prefer raising 100 rex, 60 gigas, 100 theris, 40 tuso's/mosa in mass. It may not be your play style but to apply your opinion to others and their play style is ignorant. These rules are meant to prevent pvp players from fortifying their base walls, but what good does that logic do on PVE?

You play your way and i will play mine. not everyone enjoys the breeding aspect like i do.

@Jen Whats the point of making land claiming more difficult? you already have mega tribes that banded together with governance set to player owned and they build mega bases in sections so that everything is snapped and looks clean. then they disband and form solo tribes and ally with same tribe names so they can exceed the tribe dino cap to where their "alliance" owns half the dino server cap and potentially the whole sever eventually. meanwhile since tribe names are similar, no one suspects a thing to report?

Why can't they use the same tactic as Rust? Make it so you can only have so many build boxes per tribe. Those build boxes (looks like a large storage box) can show you the structure amount and what creates the area that is blocked. You can only build within the zone of that build box. To keep people from building on certain spawns/resources the tribe can decide on what resource is most valuable to them and block others from building there with their one build box out of say 5 build boxes allowed per tribe. The only way to prevent the dino spawns or resource spawns is to start building. It'd be a simple fix along with lowering the spawns blocked and structure spamming. 

14 hours ago, Aphy said:

Pillars are used to protect resource spawns. As many have mentioned. Some of those spawn points include: beaver dams spawn points. Spinosaur spawn points. Metal/obsidian spawns. Giga spawns. Oil nodes. Penguin spawns. (339 has a whole penguin island completely destroyed by a player building). Hidden lake. Smugglers pass. As suggested earlier in a post by another player. I will agree. Expand the no build zones around other players. Create no build zone for these resource spawns. Expand the no build zone around the obliesks. 339 has an issue with a massive build that has green obliesk nearly impassable on foot. And red obliesk and surrounding land is completely pillared and preventing new players from building anywhere near it. Plan to change build zones. Give us that 2 week warning like when you added the new snow zone to island. 

On a side note. Rag maps stay capped with dinos. Its such a large map. Maybe consider something to fix it.

Regards

Aphy

im sorry not really directed at you but this whole sentiment .. protecting resource nodes .. seriously? so yeah on my server the south is a pillar fest from the beach up to the first hills inland it is insane oh and all the river areas too .. that is not resource protecting that is spamming poop to stop server growth and no we are not at any cap either .. some massive tribes have so many dinos from aberration / scorched earth that the base dinos are almost non existent  they have whole sections of the map pillared off because they dont want anyone too close .. well bully for them its a multiplayer game if they dont want to play with others make their own bloody server oh and this is a PvE server too so not even a guard base design either ...

Edited by Duffmek

Guest BubbaCrawfish
18 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

so yeah on my server the south is a pillar fest from the beach up to the first hills inland it is insane oh and all the river areas too .. that is not resource protecting that is spamming poop to stop server growth and no we are not at any cap either

If that's on an official I'm sure you can report that, and if your admin is allowing it to go on, then you should be looking at that admin.

That's just morons claiming more land than they could EVER occupy, and in short, they're just being greedy. Sort that out.

3 hours ago, ElectroVampire said:

Really? Pillars are not the real problem, they auto-decay pretty fast. In fact some of the pillars disappeared from our base, and this was not the solo pillars, it was a cascade wi turrets to top. It just disappeared while we was active, we just lost turrets and bullets and element. I hope structure rework will fix this disappearing pillars, cause this is a bit annoying. 

Did you only build pillars with nothing attached (ladders, ceiling, fence foundation...)? These always vanish within 12 hours of not being randered by the owning tribe. To make sure they stay, just attach one ladder on the top pillar and you'll be fine :)

4 hours ago, Khalean said:

Actually most of alpha tribes already claim the servers and harass smaller tribes turning them unble to play. Each server with alpha has 2 or 3 people allowed yo stay (until eventually get raided by alpha). We see 10 players max on those servers (on a common day) at a server created to 70 player max. It has to be something wrong with this system.

I play on pve where there is no option but to claim all the land around your base to keep trolls from ruining our ability to play, I remember when no one pillared and it was the trolls and wildcards lack of oversite and punishment that made us have to start doing it

4 minutes ago, Madaj said:

And what can I do on primitivePvE, where a two survivor tribe blocked the Green fully with behemoth gates? They logging in every 1-2 days, and dont let the structures go down... They f___ed herbivore island too...

This is something the admins should do something about, they don't need to mess up all the servers to take care of that kind of thing

May as well kiss all the beaver spawns and many of the metal/obsidian spawns goodbye. Our center server has those pillared to protect them. We have a small valley pillared so our tribe and several others have somewhere to do meat runs because a lot of dino spawns keep getting ruined by nubs building thatch huts everywhere. It's not an excessive area. It suits our needs and makes it so we don't have to try and walk a giga from South jungle island around all the bases and structures to get to the opposite side of the map.

There are a few issues with pillars on some servers more than others, but they do serve a valuable purpose on many servers. I hope this doesn't ruin the game for us. 

About the structure changes, like everyone is saying...this is only going to make things worse. While some greedy people abuse pillaring, mostly it is done to protect resources. For example: pillaring carno island to protect it from development so that it is there as a resource. On my server herbivore island has been completely despawned by one person, dinos and all resources gone, and the entire island walled off by this tribe. Look into griefing complaints and fix the problem that way, don't take away a community's ability to protect the resources left. My base is built on Weathertop, we have resources protected next to our base: beaver spawns, a small section of trees, stone, and bamboo for berries. Without pillaring, we would be forced to acutally build houses to protect the area from development, defeating the purpose, because those houses will block the resource spawns. Let's think this through a little bit.

Already tons of players have quit and this sort of "update" is why. you remove my pillars that are keeping the food source available within range without me having to run a mile on a giga wasting even more of my real life time, we rarely leave our section of the map that my allies and i have saved from being a bluescreen mess due to the fact that when we do we end up dead due to bluescreen drowning or wild dinos whilst trying to load back in. first sign i see of some rectangular wood box lagzone base that own 3 dinos total appear by me or any of my local farming spots i'm quitting and taking any friends i can to a game where the developers actually listen to its players rather then restricting them.

You are killing any fun or enjoyment this game had with these fixes, this is a bad idea not a solution that causes far more issues than is remedys.

If there are no meat spawns or dinos to tame due to noob builds what reason do loyal players have to stay? the constant time out/bluescreens that you blame on psn even now 

the fact you have even considered this *update* is laughable and makes us all wonder who exactly comes up with ideas of what to fix, all the issues this game still has and you decide on this, how about you fix the frame rate issues. bluescreens or wild dino kiting that useless players do. i had dinos killed by players with wild wyverns and provided screenshots of them doing it and there names to you and nothing came of it. Wildcard is becoming a joke

as much time as i have put into this game, as much as i have enjoyed logging on to raise and build. unfortunately i will have to let it go and move on because this is just more of the same disappointments time after time.

Thanks guys

• Like 1

I think A structure needs to be so big before it blocks dino spawns... Maybe a 5x5 and larger.... then the minimum building requirement can't be a size minimum like a 3x3 (if that's one of their ideas). It needs to be a minimum total of how many walls, fence foundations, pillars, ect are snapped all together to the main foundation.

That way at least players that will be spamming small huts to keep control of their land wont be blocking dino spawns. Everyone knows players are still going to try to structure claim land! And least make it more time consuming and costly to do so rather thsn slapping down pillars and ladders.

Our large fences and curved structures won't be affected if there was a minimum total of how many walls, railings, fence foundations, pillars, ECT. there is all together.