Quetzal in dire need of saving.

MrGerard

Queztal...

Has better Stamina then the Argent, AND better Stamina consumption.

Has more health/damage then the Argent, although a worse saddle

Has twice the carrying capacity of the Argent

Has platform saddle.

It's ONLY lacking point is that it's roughly 30% slower then the Argent.

I do have to say though, that for dino transport? Wyvern defintely has it beat for everything BUT the Mammoth (The Mammoth, having piss-poor Stamina regen, is generally better transported via Quetzal unless bred. Megalosaurs and Rhinos are better transported by foot then Quetzal)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Can you highlight which 50% is disabled please, I'd really like you to point out what you think is disabled, and what you class as 50%... It's more like 5%, but you know, can't let that come in the way of a good old white knighting argument.

Seriously, you're making stats up, and it makes you look terrible.

How many tames can you pick up with an argy, quetz, kapro, ptera, tape etc. on OFFICIAL PVE?

C4/rockets/homing rockets/clusters are virtually useless, you ever needed a Fab sniper? You ever needed a metal base? Do tek buildings serve any purpose other than looking pretty? 

Since you have already stated you play on unofficial servers, none of it is any relevance to you anyway, let me guess, your server runs classic flyers and has dino pick-up enabled??

The Quetzal is merely a transport mount at this point for me.  Between moving multiple rexes on its platform to an oby, to making a cage to drop tamed Dino's in when moving bases, to picking up larger tames that only it or a wyvern can carry, it's still useful for transport. 

I truly think that they should increase its speed by 1/3rd and entirely decrease its Stam consumption when idling, if this isn't the case already.  This or allow it to regen stamina when idling or simply not moving. I would prefer the quetzal be an infinite sky flying machine, never needing to touch ground as long as you keep food in its inventory. If food gets to low, then it will descend. 

I would have SO many more uses for the quetzal if this became implemented. I'd have multiple flying metal outposts with a forge and vault on that back. An actual mobile prime meat storage facility I could leave in the sky in certain areas. I could even have a floating Base if I wanted to. 

We have the ground to build bases on. We have the water to build bases in. I prefer the SKY to have my base built on now, and this seems like a good opportunity to revamp the use of the quetzal aside from transport at this point. 

2 hours ago, jpcab said:

Exactly my point..foruns should be separated. Its different game mode. Some posts or questions have no sense for pvp or pve, and at least for me, it may even be confused to the newer players

I'd not say separated completely, since many topics and infos are valuable for both PvP and PvE players. An additional section for each might be quite useful though, also an option to display (somewhere under your name) if you're playing PvP, PvE or both. It'd make it much easier for others to understand your point of view, which can be very different depending on which mode you play.

45 minutes ago, Saupe said:

How many tames can you pick up with an argy, quetz, kapro, ptera, tape etc. on OFFICIAL PVE?

C4/rockets/homing rockets/clusters are virtually useless, you ever needed a Fab sniper? You ever needed a metal base? Do tek buildings serve any purpose other than looking pretty? 

Since you have already stated you play on unofficial servers, none of it is any relevance to you anyway, let me guess, your server runs classic flyers and has dino pick-up enabled??

Picking up other tribes' players and tames or wild creatures is the only thing disabled in PvE that I can think of (besides, ofc, damaging other tribes' players, tames or structures).

I agree that some items, especially most TEK tier items (and even quite a few creatures), are fairly useless in PvE or made useless like the TEK saddle, that can't knock out Golems anymore. They're not "disabled", they just have very limited use, i.e. C4 that only blows up your own structures. On SE, rockets/homing missiles can still be quite useful to get rid of Golems if you don't have a Giga or boss Rex(es), metal bases can be necessary in some areas (desert on SE, areas around Giga, Golem and alpha spawns, at least a metal fence for the latter) and they have a longer decay timer, which is great for small outposts that aren't visited frequently. TEK bases provide the best hypothermal insulation and can come in quite handy in the snow biomes, also have even longer decay timers than metal (although in most cases they're really mainly for showing off :P).

Guest BubbaCrawfish
5 hours ago, Saupe said:

Nowhere near 50% pal...

Those are nowhere near virtually useless...

The best part of this, is you must be caught up back in the ages or something, because in PvE you can declare war, so really, none of your mentionings of things being 'useless' are in that scenario.

Where I play doesn't matter, and in particular, I don't use Classic Fliers, even though everyone wanted it, they all got used to the 'new speeds'.

And lol, pickup is always enabled, as I allow people to carry others about.

The messed up part of this, is that I run a cluster, with a PvE world, and 3 PvP worlds. You really have to get rid of the preconception that anyone who is disagreeing with the PvPers assumptions, only plays PvE...

Honestly, the amount of elitism that's emanating from these players, is just completely typical. If we need 2 sections, it's because the PvP posters, are just aggressive to the point that it's no longer about the game, but what mode a player plays as to whether they are taken seriously, or even thought of as having a point.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
4 hours ago, Eanaya said:

I'd not say separated completely, since many topics and infos are valuable for both PvP and PvE players. An additional section for each might be quite useful though, also an option to display (somewhere under your name) if you're playing PvP, PvE or both. It'd make it much easier for others to understand your point of view, which can be very different depending on which mode you play.

It shouldn't matter what mode you play, and seperating the sections is not wise...

What happens in his case, is that PvPers will make a suggestion, and the PvEers won't be aware of it, and vice versa, which is more than likely why WC would rather not to split them, because of this very point.

Suggestions and discussions should be open to all, and no-one should be dismissed solely on what mode they play... That's really a form of racism scale crap...

"You're no good, because you don't PvP", and that sort of statement, is terribly wrong.

Guest DJRone89
19 hours ago, RabbitRidge said:

Single players won't ever get a Quetzal without additional player(s) help or being EXTREMELY lucky...disregarding cheating.

Head over to Ragnarok and tame yourself a Griffin and as raw mutton is in good supply. Griffins are by far the easiest way to solo tame a Quetzal (and pretty much most things above water). If you have a good longneck with shock darts, then you’re in for the money.

8 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

I do have to say though, that for dino transport? Wyvern defintely has it beat for everything BUT the Mammoth (The Mammoth, having piss-poor Stamina regen, is generally better transported via Quetzal unless bred. Megalosaurs and Rhinos are better transported by foot then Quetzal)

Must agree.  Quetzaling Megalosaurii is a waste of time.

6 hours ago, Saupe said:

The only thing I have really EVER need rockets for is the Lava Golem in the Ragnarok Cave.  I have never used C4 on PvE, there has never been a need.

But Tek Doors/Gates are very nice.  They are the one piece of not-useless Tek structures (building parts) for PvE ARK!  *To be explicit, that is not counting tele pads, replicators, clone chambers, troughs, and these kind of things*

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Honestly, the amount of elitism that's emanating from these players, is just completely typical. If we need 2 sections, it's because the PvP posters, are just aggressive to the point that it's no longer about the game, but what mode a player plays as to whether they are taken seriously, or even thought of as having a point.

I don't really feel the argument ever got THAT BAD in this thread, but it happens far too often.

10 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Head over to Ragnarok and tame yourself a Griffin and raw mutton is in good supply. Griffins are by far the easiest way to solo tame a Quetzal.

DJ wins.  Remember to aim for the head, and take your damn time.  Quetzal torpor drop is not Giga torpor drop.  Shoot in the head, chase, wait for it to calm down, shoot in the head again, wait, rinse/repeat as desired.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Nowhere near 50% pal...

Those are nowhere near virtually useless...

The best part of this, is you must be caught up back in the ages or something, because in PvE you can declare war, so really, none of your mentionings of things being 'useless' are in that scenario.

Where I play doesn't matter, and in particular, I don't use Classic Fliers, even though everyone wanted it, they all got used to the 'new speeds'.

And lol, pickup is always enabled, as I allow people to carry others about.

The messed up part of this, is that I run a cluster, with a PvE world, and 3 PvP worlds. You really have to get rid of the preconception that anyone who is disagreeing with the PvPers assumptions, only plays PvE...

All of this. My cluster is PvPvE (I allow both). I made the same statement that official PvP players assume that everyone who disagrees with them must be PvE, earlier. Official players also seem to hate any opinion that an unofficial player has too, so you’re right on there.

I do love the classic flyer argument though, especially when PC players make the assumption that everyone on the interntet is also on PC even if they might be speaking to a console player that can’t have mods.

Anyway back on topic, I hardly use my Quetzals as my Wyverns do most of the work, but as I love Rock Golems and have an insane supply of Mantis Kibble, my Quetzals do still get put to good use.

10 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

It shouldn't matter what mode you play, and seperating the sections is not wise...

What happens in his case, is that PvPers will make a suggestion, and the PvEers won't be aware of it, and vice versa, which is more than likely why WC would rather not to split them, because of this very point.

Suggestions and discussions should be open to all, and no-one should be dismissed solely on what mode they play... That's really a form of racism scale crap...

"You're no good, because you don't PvP", and that sort of statement, is terribly wrong.

Nono I didn't mean that people should be restricted to any section, just that if there were a (open for all, ofc) PvP and a PvE section in addtion to the general section(s) (like there are sections for the different maps etc.), mode specific threads could be posted and discussed there - i.e. raiding strategies, wipe rant etc in the PvP or cap/pillaring issues etc in the PvE section. It would just be a bit easier to find topics you're interested in (i.e. as a PvE-er I don't care about turret changes etc, while a PvP-er probably doesn't care about dino cap, etc).

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Eanaya said:

Nono I didn't mean that people should be restricted to any section, just that if there were a (open for all, ofc) PvP and a PvE section in addtion to the general section(s) (like there are sections for the different maps etc.), mode specific threads could be posted and discussed there - i.e. raiding strategies, wipe rant etc in the PvP or cap/pillaring issues etc in the PvE section. It would just be a bit easier to find topics you're interested in (i.e. as a PvE-er I don't care about turret changes etc, while a PvP-er probably doesn't care about dino cap, etc).

In regards to the OP, they never mentioned which game mode they were playing, it was the official PvP players who decided to butt in and demand that the sections should be split when having conversations like these.

This topic is very open and is not limited to a specific game mode. The flyer nerf was needed for the game in general but it doesn’t mean people can’t express how they feel about it, even if any future changes are highly unlikely.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
11 hours ago, Eanaya said:

There's already tags, and it wouldn't be hard to implement them for this.

It already got done for the trading section.

Why I was referring to the segregation is because that's what was coined before, or did you not read that? All the quotes are still there, the culprit can't delete those.

Archived