Quetzal in dire need of saving.

MrGerard

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

“Only official PvP matters.” Do you hear yourself? The fact you think other people are confused just adds further to the delusion that the only thing that matters is how YOU in particular, play this game.

Game play balances affect all modes regardless of server type. Most balances are PvP based but still affect everyone so don’t think you can silence people just because you play offficial PvP like that means something.

U r quoting me or yourself?

Guest BubbaCrawfish
42 minutes ago, flamron said:

Think unlimited weight and ability to carry it on any dino

Ooooh, then they mean they're exploitative trash, rather than players...

And @jpcab It's pretty obvious he's referring to you... In particular the last line... Extremely assumptive and dismissive of a good portion of the community... Just because we don't shot each other and kill, doesn't mean we're any less of a part of the community, nor that people need to be segregated so you don't hear the mentionings of what is being talked about.

If you can't handle hearing another opinion, then why are you even on the forums?

Posts like this r the reason why i think game modes should have separated forums.

Pve, single player and even unofficial should have their own foruns 

Official pvp gives the most of the game as it was thought by developers..so once in a while this posts only make ppl confused.

27 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Ooooh, then they mean they're exploitative trash, rather than players...

And @jpcab It's pretty obvious he's referring to you... In particular the last line... Extremely assumptive and dismissive of a good portion of the community... Just because we don't shot each other and kill, doesn't mean we're any less of a part of the community, nor that people need to be segregated so you don't hear the mentionings of what is being talked about.

If you can't handle hearing another opinion, then why are you even on the forums?

Don t be Silly pls. .i did not said only pvp matters...those r not my words..are djron words..i just think pvp official should have a separated forum from pve cuz the games mode can be very diferent...i think we all recognise that. 

If u ask me me if i think pvp is the game mode who is more complete i will say it is..i won t deny that..and i think we all share that opinion. 

This quetzal question is an ex of why i think foruns should be separated cuz it may even have some sense on sp or pve but its a complet nonsense on pvp.

And why  would it be bad to have separated foruns? Don t see any problem with that.Do you?

5 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am up for anything really, not too fussed about a resourse reduction more of throwing the idea out there. Big one for me would be to increase its speed. What sort of mechanic would suit the quetz ? 

Thats a hard one. What suits it depends on the individual perspective I guess. I would say we can all agree the quetz is the benchmark in base / tribe development. I like how the platform saddle is really high level since they are pretty easy to tame these days.

To me, the quetz is the permier transport mount. From a PvE perspective I would want something to allieviate the timesink of travel, so temp. speed boost button could be great. I would like something more outside the box though, without the current meta of TLC which is resource reduction. 

Honestly, im at a loss right now for ideas but im sure ill think of some later

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, jpcab said:

And why  would it be bad to have separated foruns? Don t see any problem with that.Do you?

Because it further reinforces your delusion that...

Official pvp gives the most of the game as it was thought by developers..so once in a while this posts only make ppl confused.

You assume that they only made the game to PvP, and not simply enjoy the game... Killing everyone and being 'top tribe' is only part of the game, most of it requires you to actually know the game, of which PvE players, know that side very well.

8 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You assume that they only made the game to PvP, and not simply enjoy the game... Killing everyone and being 'top tribe' is only part of the game, most of it requires you to actually know the game, of which PvE players, know that side very well.

Lol unbelievable. Look..pvp is where u take the most of what the game mechanics has to offer..dinos...farming...crafting everything. ..thats a fact. Not a delusion.

Worse than the blind are the ones who dont want to see. 

Ppl enjoy more pve? No problem with that...i don t care.

But its on pvp that u get the most of what the developers thought to the game.

If u can t recognise this than its u who is delusional.

I'm with the OP.. The quetzel needs some love.. Its not as "WOW" as everyone makes it out to be.. 2 players on Argies/ankley will farm more metal than this same 2 people on a quezel / ankley combo.. We had this same argument on our tribe.. go try .. 

also for a small tribe farming on a PvP server, Argies are the goto flier. they truely are amazing atm..

other than metal farming.. with a buddy on an Ankley whats the use of a Quetzel? Dont even talk about a battle mount. cause your not allowed to build it close to prevent it from getting damage.. on PvP servers.  

2 players.. 2 argies, 2 ankleys.. vs 2 players  1 really good quetzel 1 ankley

unless your argies weight really suck, they will harvest the same metal in less time, or more.. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
6 hours ago, jpcab said:

Lol unbelievable. Look..pvp is where u take the most of what the game mechanics has to offer..dinos...farming...crafting everything. ..thats a fact. Not a delusion.

Worse than the blind are the ones who dont want to see. 

Ppl enjoy more pve? No problem with that...i don t care.

But its on pvp that u get the most of what the developers thought to the game.

If u can t recognise this than its u who is delusional.

You hypothesise so much... Do you know the devs and what drives them? You're the one stating it. Sure, you think it's more fun in PvP, but are you REALLY the majority?

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, jpcab said:

An Argie can t replace a Quetzal.

No but a group of 4 can...

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, jpcab said:

Lol man if u say so

Nothing 'lol' about it, if you can't even come back with anything more than a snide remark, then it's obvious you ain't got poop.

As soon as they messed with the quetz, and even the fliers, I ended up making a train of argies to go and get my metal, and in the longer run, it's a lot faster simply to run a long train and fill up the rear, using a whip to make the argies land, than even mess about with getting someone else on a quetz, to carry you around to the nodes.

On 6/4/2018 at 5:11 PM, DJRone89 said:

So OP’s a noob for not exploiting game mechanics? While I disagree that the Quetzals are now redundant, using body bags isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Whats does the term body bags mean? is it using logged off tribe mates and filling their inventory and then dragging them around ?

53 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Nothing 'lol' about it, if you can't even come back with anything more than a snide remark, then it's obvious you ain't got poop.

As soon as they messed with the quetz, and even the fliers, I ended up making a train of argies to go and get my metal, and in the longer run, it's a lot faster simply to run a long train and fill up the rear, using a whip to make the argies land, than even mess about with getting someone else on a quetz, to carry you around to the nodes.

Change your nick to BobCrawfish..it suits you better :P

i give it up really :)

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

Whats does the term body bags mean? is it using logged off tribe mates and filling their inventory and then dragging them around ?

Honestly I don’t know because I play unofficials and the need to exploit just isn’t there unlike many official players who will take as many shortcuts as possible, even if what they do is a blatant exploit of unintended game mechanics.

I frequent Reddit a lot and it was highlighted to the devs who have since put it on their to do list, if I’m not mistaken.

Most exploits aren’t necessarily classed as cheating if they fall under “unintended game mechanics” but for people to use them knowing full well that it’s not right, it’s cheating by my books.

Some unintended mechanics while nerfed out, have had ini files created for the unofficial folk, so some of these exploits are only deemed unfair to the official population as opposed to morally grey.

I do believe the Quetzal deserves a second look. It fell out of priority to me as well. As others have mentioned however, it depends what you want one for, as it is still the animal that carries most of the others in the game and is fundamental for controlled/easier taming for example.

For resources I now have a group of 4 Argies that together achieve better results in terms of metal per run for my Quetzal (not really exceptional). So I would agree that Argies in groups could have an edge over the Quetzal due to their buffs.

The issue I take with the Quetzal now days is mostly the flying animation vs its current speed. See, the animation was fine back then when it was faster, it sold me on that. Since they made Quetzal slower, they do not seem to have adapted its flying animation to the current reality (only made it animate slower), making for a very unrealistic flying animation for an animal of its size.

I am pretty sure this Dino is up for a TLC pass, it just hasn't made the priority list regarding other Ark issues, and I am fine with it as long as we get to it eventually. Just keep in mind that a well bred Quetzal can still outrank a small group of Argies if it specializes on weight to compensate the Argy buff. I don't have such a super Quetzal myself, but I do believe they are out there in other tribes. I need to pay more attention to them and get back to you on that. 

Cheers!

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, jpcab said:

Change your nick to BobCrawfish..it suits you better :P

i give it up really :)

I'll just remember that you aren't worth the time of day, and not make the same mistake of even paying attention to the tripe you put out.

After all, you can't discuss or debate anything, you're simply an eliteist PvPer who exploits.

21 hours ago, jpcab said:

Don t be Silly pls. .i did not said only pvp matters...those r not my words..are djron words..i just think pvp official should have a separated forum from pve cuz the games mode can be very diferent...i think we all recognise that. 

If u ask me me if i think pvp is the game mode who is more complete i will say it is..i won t deny that..and i think we all share that opinion. 

This quetzal question is an ex of why i think foruns should be separated cuz it may even have some sense on sp or pve but its a complet nonsense on pvp.

I agree that JP didnt say that, but the fellas are arguing that your comment had that kind of message.  I didn't personally see it, but JP i think i understand you, though i have spent a lot of time on PvE

I rarely use guns except for taming and caving.  I only use bolas before level 35 or so, then I just build drop-traps.  But in PvP, these two things are your bread-and-butter.  That seems like all you meant, I think.  More of the designed game is used more consistently in PvP than PvE.

But about what @DJRone89 and @BubbaCrawfish were expressing:  There have been lots of changes that impacted PvE in an unnecessarily bad way due to changes that were necessary for PvP.  So we in the PvE community can be trigger-happy about these discussions.

ON-TOPIC:  I use Q-birds to unstick stuck dinos.  Not really much else.  I'd rather take a Karkinos with an anky to mine metal, or a weight-pumped Wyvern.  The flight speed of Wyverns more than make up for the ~1/2 weight of a Q-bird.  I agree that argys are in a very, very good place in the PvE world, rivaling quetzals with the ability to carry 3000+ pounds (full imprint with good base weight and some leveling!), have a smithy, and fly far while flying faster and fighting (alliteration...  tehe).

Give da Quetzal some loving!  And for ark's sake...  Don't change the raptoring sounds again.  No more chirpy-finch noises, just leave it honky and proud.  It's a huge bird, with a huge throat, the sounds it would've made would be low pitched.

23 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

“Only official PvP matters.” Do you hear yourself? The fact you think other people are confused just adds further to the delusion that the only thing that matters is how YOU in particular, play this game.

Game play balances affect all modes regardless of server type. Most balances are PvP based but still affect everyone so don’t think you can silence people just because you play offficial PvP like that means something.

He never said that, he suggested SEPERATE FORUMS FOR PVE AND PVP, a very sensible idea considering PVE has half of the functionality of the game removed.......

19 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

"Official pvp gives the most of the game as it was thought by developers..so once in a while this posts only make ppl confused."

It isnt a delusion mate. Look at the fact that half the stuff on a PVP server is DISABLED on a PVE server, i.e. INTENDED GAME MECHANIC DISABLED FOR PVE.........

Ohh, and 99% of PVP players have no interest in being 'top tribe' most of us hate megas with a passion.

12 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You hypothesise so much... Do you know the devs and what drives them? You're the one stating it. Sure, you think it's more fun in PvP, but are you REALLY the majority?

since 16 out of the 20 most popular servers in ark are PVP servers, i think you lose on that bubba,,,,,

6 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

I agree that JP didnt say that, but the fellas are arguing that your comment had that kind of message.  I didn't personally see it, but JP i think i understand you, though i have spent a lot of time on PvE

I rarely use guns except for taming and caving.  I only use bolas before level 35 or so, then I just build drop-traps.  But in PvP, these two things are your bread-and-butter.  That seems like all you meant, I think.  More of the designed game is used more consistently in PvP than PvE.

But about what @DJRone89 and @BubbaCrawfish were expressing:  There have been lots of changes that impacted PvE in an unnecessarily bad way due to changes that were necessary for PvP.  So we in the PvE community can be trigger-happy about these discussions.

ON-TOPIC:  I use Q-birds to unstick stuck dinos.  Not really much else.  I'd rather take a Karkinos with an anky to mine metal, or a weight-pumped Wyvern.  The flight speed of Wyverns more than make up for the ~1/2 weight of a Q-bird.  I agree that argys are in a very, very good place in the PvE world, rivaling quetzals with the ability to carry 3000+ pounds (full imprint with good base weight and some leveling!), have a smithy, and fly far while flying faster and fighting (alliteration...  tehe).

Give da Quetzal some loving!  And for ark's sake...  Don't change the raptoring sounds again.  No more chirpy-finch noises, just leave it honky and proud.  It's a huge bird, with a huge throat, the sounds it would've made would be low pitched.

Splitting PVP and PVE from each other update/content wise has been suggested many times, its too much work for the devs, so instead us PVP players suffer because something sucks in PVE and PVE players suffer because something is op/abused in PVP

Bubba is an idiot, he should go troll elsewhere, doesn't even know what a body bag is, i mean, they have been common knowledge for almost 2 years, does he even play ark?

Quetzals are more use in PVP than PVE, most PVP players are happy with their current role, we would rather the devs stopped messing around with the balance that ultimately ends up aiding the mega tribes more than the small/solo tribes.

Archived