Ragnarok Dino Cap Increase

OhWadUp

The dino cap for Ragnarok seriously needs an increase it's the biggest map in the game and has many features and dinos that are desired. Also im pretty sure the current cap is a 3rd of what islands cap is which is just dumb and ruins it for a lot of people that are just starting. I personally think the map is great and the only things I would change is the lag and dino cap to make it a fantastic map. 

On 6/3/2018 at 11:55 PM, OhWadUp said:

The dino cap for Ragnarok seriously needs an increase it's the biggest map in the game and has many features and dinos that are desired. Also im pretty sure the current cap is a 3rd of what islands cap is which is just dumb and ruins it for a lot of people that are just starting. I personally think the map is great and the only things I would change is the lag and dino cap to make it a fantastic map. 

Well you understand clearly that the map is in fact the largest. 

Theres only so much weight a map can hold. Small maps = large content where as large maps = less content

Dinos take alot of resources and so foes rag. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest DJRone89

All official servers have a tame cap of 5500.

On 7/9/2018 at 4:49 PM, iTw3ak said:

anyone know what the cap actually is on ragna? I haven't found an actual number

Our rag server is used as a storage server for several [][][] tribes. You go past their bases, 1-2 members, 300 wyverns, 40-50 rock elementals, and stuff seldom moves, (we have a big tribe, and I fly past two of them regularly). Honestly, there need to be more Rag servers, since it's such a popular map, or more servers in general. Buying a 60 dollar game, and not being able to play the content (official servers being pretty much capped and pillared, even with "fresh" servers) is rediculous. Personally, doesn't affect me or my tribe, we've pretty much always played under Dino cap, and have learned the ways around that when possible, but it still not a lot of fun when you can't build or tame anything.

IIRC cap on PC servers is 10,500 - so 21 tribes at cap would fill the server - may be different on other platforms OC. Server cap is OK, but the kibble system really needs to be fixed - e.g. our tribe has 420/500 tames - of those 420 over 150 are just kibble producers

And it's not like we can reduce that much with the current system - we only have 2 or 3 kibble dino groups that aren't needed for imprints - and those are ones for kibble that we need for taming dinos on our breeding projects

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 3:12 PM, FeyGriffin said:

IIRC cap on PC servers is 10,500 - so 21 tribes at cap would fill the server - may be different on other platforms OC. Server cap is OK, but the kibble system really needs to be fixed - e.g. our tribe has 420/500 tames - of those 420 over 150 are just kibble producers

And it's not like we can reduce that much with the current system - we only have 2 or 3 kibble dino groups that aren't needed for imprints - and those are ones for kibble that we need for taming dinos on our breeding projects

Too much power was put into the breeding and imprinting systems. I remember before they were in place everyone only made kibble for 150s. Now the breeding system encourages having hundreds of a single type of dino

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, YautjaElite said:

How will fixing kibble system reduce the capping problem?

Because if everyone doesnt need to have so many dinos just to farm kibble, there will be that many useless dinos just sitting in bases producing eggs and not being used. i would clear out half my dinos if i didnt need a farm. 

Archived