Can i take an Allo army to bosses?

Molisa

So since i love this dino and how nimble it is and kind of hate dealing with Rexes i really wanted to have an Allo army instead of a Rex army for bosses. Searched on Google to see if they were viable, a lot of people seem to talk about adding 2 for the bleed effect, some said the bleed doesn't even work, or that their damage complements the Rexes pretty well, or that they are crap and die super easily while others say they get pretty tanky in a pack (most posts were even outdated)... but nothing about completely replacing Rexes with Allos.

I'm currently playing on single player by the way.

Does anyone know if this would work? Yes i am going to take Yutyrannus and Daeodon(s) as well, just wanna see my nimble babies shine

2 hours ago, Phyrist said:

I could be wrong if anyone can confirm it i dont have a backup allopack to take into the boss to test.. However from researching a whileago i do believe from that Bosses are immune to Bleed.. 

That´s the point of the question for me as well. It all comes down to bleed damage. I would swap Rexes for Allos if we could confirm that. I mean, with mutation and all it would be possible to do a devastating amount of damage. 

Without bleed, Rex has better base stats.

I also do not currently have a team of Allos to test this... To be honest I thought they would not even teleport to the arena (like the GIga).

Cheers!

Bleed damage doesn't affect bosses, however, if in a pinch, Allos could be substituted for gamma ape/broodmother and be ok. They still do enough damage to kill those. I had mine up over 10k health and 700% melee and used those plus just a couple rexs to easily take out the gamma bosses. Alpha is out of the question though. Not enough health to survive that.

5 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

They definitely work against both the brood and ape. Dragon i brought in thezo too

I doubt it's on alpha... They won't last long enough for brood that do a lot of damage. Maybe the monkey? But I'm 80% sure they will get wiped by monkey too... Maybe if they were all mounted? Once mounted it does about twice the damage from clicking, and if it's self bred, the increased attack and defence might help.

I mean, I use 25k hp 1000% melee rexes with a yuti, 120 saddles, and sometimes a few of them come back almost dead.

57 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

I mean, I use 25k hp 1000% melee rexes with a yuti, 120 saddles, and sometimes a few of them come back almost dead.

Think this is more bad luck. I use 30-35k hp, 700-800 melee with 112 being top saddle and personal rider doesn't lose more than 8k, maybe 15-20k on the un-ridden with an occasional one losing 25k. 

The problem with using allo's is the difference in base damage but some of that is made up for with pack bonus. 

I know people have used allo's as part of the Overseer fight with success (not all allo's) plus people use allo's to take down wild Titans so there is merit there. 

12 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Think this is more bad luck. I use 30-35k hp, 700-800 melee with 112 being top saddle and personal rider doesn't lose more than 8k, maybe 15-20k on the un-ridden with an occasional one losing 25k. 

The problem with using allo's is the difference in base damage but some of that is made up for with pack bonus. 

I know people have used allo's as part of the Overseer fight with success (not all allo's) plus people use allo's to take down wild Titans so there is merit there. 

The thing is I don't use riders, I just ride the yuti and the Rexes are unridden, sometimes 1-3 of them are ridden when tribe mates are there.

The main problem with Allosaur is HP. To get to 25k hp, you will need INSANE base stats and still pour a lot of levels in it, meanwhile damage is also subpar... you will need about 1200% melee to equate my 1000% (Accounting pack damage). It's almost impossible to reach 30-35k with an allosaur, and to reach 700% melee of a rex, it will be about 820%... 

That's because Titan bleeds, which means, as long as you apply bleed for 100s, it will kill anything. Bosses don't bleed. And overseer can be done with shotguns (which is how most people I know of do it), so what you ride is just the extra DPS before it dismount you and when it's in other boss form.

6 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

The thing is I don't use riders, I just ride the yuti and the Rexes are unridden, sometimes 1-3 of them are ridden when tribe mates are there.

The main problem with Allosaur is HP. To get to 25k hp, you will need INSANE base stats and still pour a lot of levels in it, meanwhile damage is also subpar... you will need about 1200% melee to equate my 1000% (Accounting pack damage). It's almost impossible to reach 30-35k with an allosaur, and to reach 700% melee of a rex, it will be about 820%... 

That's because Titan bleeds, which means, as long as you apply bleed for 100s, it will kill anything. Bosses don't bleed. And overseer can be done with shotguns (which is how most people I know of do it), so what you ride is just the extra DPS before it dismount you and when it's in other boss form.

I watched Phlinger do the Alpha Overseer with a pack of Allos, a Yuty and a Rex. Is that boss really that weak that you can take it with shotguns? Lol

As I said they do work but alpha stage is where i started losing. The ape went down easy only lost two allos as they fell. The brood killed a few but having her pincered on the bridge we still won. Subbed in the thezos when we took on the dragon beta but only survivors there was thezos. 

Wont fight brood again without two sloths though. Point is allos can do it, ideally you want your pack leaders ridden cause for some reason then retain their alpha boost even if their particular pack dies ( we had 6 allos towards the end of the dragon fight but 3 were alpha).

On 6/3/2018 at 12:48 PM, Molisa said:

So since i love this dino and how nimble it is and kind of hate dealing with Rexes i really wanted to have an Allo army instead of a Rex army for bosses. Searched on Google to see if they were viable, a lot of people seem to talk about adding 2 for the bleed effect, some said the bleed doesn't even work, or that their damage complements the Rexes pretty well, or that they are crap and die super easily while others say they get pretty tanky in a pack (most posts were even outdated)... but nothing about completely replacing Rexes with Allos.

I'm currently playing on single player by the way.

Does anyone know if this would work? Yes i am going to take Yutyrannus and Daeodon(s) as well, just wanna see my nimble babies shine

If you are on single player then test it out and see. 
First go into the Saved folder for Ark, path should be something like Program files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Ark/ShooterGame/Saved

Make a copy of your single player map.
Island should be "SavedArksLocal", SE is ScorchedEarth)PSavedArksLocal, Center is TheCenterSavedArksLocal just make a copy of the whole folder, and if you wipe on the boss, just restore it.

I literally did this 30 minutes ago to do a test run of pteranadons against alpha manticore.

I'm currently working on an all allo project for bossing on Ragnarok on official.  In single player with my current allo stats and saddles, Gamma is very doable and Beta can be done with some losses.  Alpha is a no-go with my current stats.

Born stats I'm working with are 378 melee, 1300 stam, and 6980 hp with 100+ armor saddles.

Good control with whistling is key.

On 6/7/2018 at 7:25 PM, Molisa said:

I watched Phlinger do the Alpha Overseer with a pack of Allos, a Yuty and a Rex. Is that boss really that weak that you can take it with shotguns? Lol

Actually, it's not really a secret that you can do all bosses on alpha with a 10 men shotgun (pump shotgun) team with dinos that act as tank and spawn clearer. They are just that good. Here is some simple math:

49*10=490/bullet (I don't know why they said 46*14=644 on the wiki, maybe they changed it since the last time I benchmarked it). Now, if you have a 200% pump shotgun bp (mc is pretty cheap and durability is usually around 1000) you are close to 1000 damage per bullet... A 1000% melee rex does 640 per bite. If you average out the reload time and the shooting time, compared to the biting time, they are about the same. Now, if you were to use asc. with 290% then it's a bit more expensive, but that's over 1400 damage per bullet, that above 2 1000% Rex Chomp in one bullet. The spread is irrelevant due to the size of the bosses and range is irrelevant as their power doesn't drop over distance, it's all or nothing. If it's in range, it's full power, if it's out of range, it does nothing.

Now there are drawbacks and advantages in both. If you just aim for a one time clear, it's obvious that the shotgun is preferable, as you don't have to breed ; you don't have to find a saddle blueprint with its quite extravagant costs (mc pump shotgun bp are much easier to find) ; you don't have to worry about where to keep them (mostly in PvP) ; you don't have to worry about keeping them fed ; easier to keep not decayed (mostly PvE).

However making the ammo is annoying ; they are also expensive ; you need more people (10 to be safe, but I know for sure that Alpha Dragon and Alpha Rockwell can be done with 4 but it's quite the close shave) ; you might want to invest in MC flak armors in case your dino dies or if you want to do Dragon ; you still need tanking dinos but you have much more choices as the damage is mostly through your guns, so you just need enough to clear adds quickly(I personally like Stegos as you can shoot from its back, however they are a bit annoying in the Dragon fight because their hit area is too low for dimorphodon so we bring some dimorphodon killing rexes).

:Jerbhi:

Well, that aside, I still believe that you would need them ridden with quite impressive base stats to do Alphas, if they can at all. I'm curious about the results of the tests.

Archived