Life finds a way...

AngrySaltire

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/4/2018 at 11:43 PM, prodigy1202 said:

I don’t know what track record you’re referring to, but whenever a countdown ends we get something cool in a month or two’s time, Aberration being the exception. This won’t be the Extinction DLC. It will just be a big update.

Heh you must be new to Wildcard's timelines ?

If I remember correctly, the SE dlc released with the timer completion, but this is not the norm around here. Probably some server side updates to celebrate. New dinos are likely, given the picture, but every single dino has been pc first and consoles later (not sure how cross-play affects content releases). 

Perhaps the mobile versions official release. 

Guest chancho33015

We are back again here waiting for another countdown to hit 0  ,however, this time we know what to expect.

1st, don't be surprise if the countdown is off by maybe a week. It should be expected by this point that this is a strategy for creating hype so my advise is just chill and keep doing what you are doing on ark.

2nd, lower your expectations. I say that understanding that unless WC releases structures + this might not as big and better even with a newer map as you might hope for.     

3rd, if indeed is a new map and i am guessing is the map that they have been showing around in their livestreams WC will release probably not enough servers for everyone to get a spot anyways. So...if any lesson was learned from Raganarok release is to not rush in moving to another map. Unless there are new creatures, better rewards, and better bosses...why kill your self trying to move so freaking quick? Also, if indeed is that map it is said to be smaller than the island...so do the math! 70 players trying to get a spot...and pillaring everything anyways. Even with the new improvements to avoid pillaring don't you dare thing that solves the problem. People will pillar everything and see that they will have some hours in those pillars to claim what they want and leave you with the scraps of the map on the first week. That is thinking that pillars will disappear in less than a day...but we all know on official there is some people that dont sleep and those are the problem lol SLEEP AND LET OTHERS PLAY :3 pleaseeee 

4th, rumors say new dinos might be release... so what? Last 4 dinos released were just trophy dinos...i mean, they served little to no purpose. The phoenix and we can argue even the RockDrake. I mean, when even the stego is better than the rockdrake in the rockwell fight... that says something! You can argue in pvp is a good mount...but, to this day I think any crappy wyvern can take on any high level drake. So...unless new dinos have special functions don't rush. BE patient!

5th, If anything we have learned for the past 3 years is that with any mayor DLC people will loose their characters on transfers. So...ALWAYS CREATE A NEW CHARACTER ON NEW MAPS! I mean, in less than 3 months i have los 3 characters...and my tribemates have struggle with similar problems too. This is referring to official servers! DON'T TRANSFER ON NEW RELEASES!

6th, Avoid new maps for at least a month...you know people are nasty...and if you just move slowly on new maps after the dust settles makes life happier for you. You might not get the premier spot on the map but i can assure you can build something nice and sometimes even better on those areas no one wants to use. Makes ark fun and also promotes creativity which keeps the game alive longer for you. Also, new challenge for yourself to have fun XD 

7th, go into new maps with an open mind. Might not be great or it can be amazing, but don't go with the idea that is going to be flawless. NOT HAPPENING!

8th, don't build anything to take there. It is likely not allowed. So if you have a vault full of parts...forget them. you will start naked on the beach again lol

9th,  don't expect a quick answer if you lose your character upon transfer when new servers are on. Send the ticket...and sit calmly to wait for the GM. Don't stress your self if you indeed do lose it. If you are an experience player you know how to get back up on the horse quick! 

10th, last but not least... always remember this is a game! I keep seeing horrible animosities between tribes in PVE which is silly because is...PVE lol keep it cool. this is just a game! 

Well, you guys have fun when the countdown goes down to  0....just keep it clean and fun. Also, can someone tell WC to put text packs already in the game so i can see Russian and Chinese so that i can at least know who is pillaring the entire map!? XD 

Guest chancho33015
1 minute ago, spoop said:

Basically, don't play on official servers when the new expansion drops.

i mean, kinna true what you just said lol However, official is a lot more rewarding than Modded servers...as they are usually 100x easier. So in every type of server there is a + and a -....you pick your poison lol

Just now, chancho33015 said:

i mean, kinna true what you just said lol However, official is a lot more rewarding than Modded servers...as they are usually 100x easier. So in every type of server there is a + and a -....you pick your poison lol

I don't mean ignore official entirely, i used to do officials way back then. The best way in my opinion is just a small unmodded server with friends.

Guest chancho33015
2 minutes ago, spoop said:

I don't mean ignore official entirely, i used to do officials way back then. The best way in my opinion is just a small unmodded server with friends.

I would love trying that...but most people don't do that. I would love to create a server for me and my friends to play. However, the community aspect of the game is lost like that entirely. We all like meeting new players and have fun getting to know each other XD is a big part of the game. The community in both official PVE and PVP XD

Guest chancho33015
On 6/5/2018 at 8:12 PM, Jtmorris said:

If I remember correctly, the SE dlc released with the timer completion, but this is not the norm around here. Probably some server side updates to celebrate. New dinos are likely, given the picture, but every single dino has been pc first and consoles later (not sure how cross-play affects content releases). 

i wish i could say after 8k hours of official gameplay that they have been in time....but, no. lol not on DLC for official. Specially thanks to delays, or server problems when released...however, i am not saying the game is bad..i mean, i love it. but is nothing new that they are never on time XD

On 6/5/2018 at 8:12 PM, Jtmorris said:

I doubt it's the mobile version only. The timer does not line up with the 14th and every previous timer has led to an expansion announcement. Also, why would they announce the release date of the mobile and then still keep the timer?

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Ponery said:

I don't think anybody has said anything about the shovel in the picture. As far as I remember, there have been no shovels in ARK. That probably means nothing, but oh well.

It has been mentioned before, but it is not confirmed to be a shovel, it is just a silhouette in the shape of one, but it could turn out to be something else. So no idea yet what it definitely is.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Coming soon: SKYRIM conversion mod. Experience the ultimate dead horse in Med-Def in 7 days.

Sorry to go off topic but thought you would enjoy this based on your Skyrim reference.

3E11EBD7-3634-4471-8261-3554A4946C56.jpeg

Guest DJRone89

I’m hoping the countdown is for Extinction news and possibly an ETA, just so I can work put on end date on my current seasons server. If it’s anything other than Extinction news though unlikely at this point, given that it’s new content regardless, I’m happy.

So to reiterate, as much as I want them to continue working on fixes, announcing a release date means you have something to look forward to, so I do reaaly hope it’s news regarding Extinction.

When you inspect the image, you can see the direct link of the image, which is :

https://survivetheark.com/uploads/monthly_2018_06/AEE3.jpg.f5b19fc8d86a60bb45144fc94ca53fe3.jpg

in the link you can see : "AEE3.jpg", so it certainly is related to E3, and there is also "AE" before, maybe "Ark Extinction" ?

My guess is that there will be a release date announced for Ark Extinction when the timer will be at 0.

On 6/9/2018 at 12:56 PM, ZetaFoX17 said:

When you inspect the image, you can see the direct link of the image, which is :

https://survivetheark.com/uploads/monthly_2018_06/AEE3.jpg.f5b19fc8d86a60bb45144fc94ca53fe3.jpg

in the link you can see : "AEE3.jpg", so it certainly is related to E3, and there is also "AE" before, maybe "Ark Extinction" ?

My guess is that there will be a release date announced for Ark Extinction when the timer will be at 0.

It could also be "Archeology Event". I have heard someone mentioning that in a video or something. Just another theory.

Archived