Life finds a way...

AngrySaltire

Clearly this is teasing new content and the beginning of extinctions hype phase, previously with scorched earth and aberration they had torn dossier reveals labeled mysterious mysteries leading up to the release of the dlc's. I would guess because they have announced this archeology event we will have to find these torn dossiers in new explorer note containers hidden throughout the arks. We are also supposed to be getting new content with the event, this content could simply be extinction skins that we would get by finding these dossiers similar to the reaper and bulldog masks leading up to aberrations realese but maybe the new content is the new creatures teased in the image. 

It's hard to tell if that image is teasing new base game content or extinction content. The background of that image is like no ark we've seen before, arks are space stations in little bubbles they don't have vast horizons but earth certainly does so is this a teaser for the extinction map? I really didn't expect extinction to be dinosaur based, we know it will take place on dead earth and appears to have a post-tekapocalypse feeling, we also know the Dodorex will be featured in extinction so I thought extinction creatures would be genetic or evolutionary abominations similar to aberration but with a different theme.

Maybe extinction will be set on an ark that has crashed or even purposefully landed onto the earth and the ark is seeding dead earth with life explaining why there would be normal dinosaurs on earth. The "life finds a way" quote could be referring to the recolonization of dead earth. This theory also explains the contrast in environments shown in the Rockwell boss cutscene, this landed ark could have changed its function from hyper evolving the most survivable forms of life to safeguarding life explaining the overgrowth and the different obolisk colour could signify a change in the arks programmed function, these areas aboard the ark would be the starter areas teeming with life and the barren surface of dead earth or the "frontier for life" is the end game area. Arks colour symbolism could be applied to this as well with the ark representing the easy "green zone" the frontier representing the hard "red zone" and their would be an additional biome representing the medium "blue zone," maybe this biome would be an ocean and a good section of the dlc will focus on underwater gameplay.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
39 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Fallen Kingdom is released on the 11th of June in the UK, but that still doesnt match up with the timer.

It actually releases 6th June in the UK, so not long to wait for that! ??

The countdown also finishes the day after E3 finishes. It's all very exciting.

15 minutes ago, GP said:

It actually releases 6th June in the UK, so not long to wait for that! ??

The countdown also finishes the day after E3 finishes. It's all very exciting.

God dammit my initial google search said the 11th lol. Just 3 days then. I knew that... honest...

33 minutes ago, Varanus8 said:

Clearly this is teasing new content and the beginning of extinctions hype phase, previously with scorched earth and aberration they had torn dossier reveals labeled mysterious mysteries leading up to the release of the dlc's. I would guess because they have announced this archeology event we will have to find these torn dossiers in new explorer note containers hidden throughout the arks. We are also supposed to be getting new content with the event, this content could simply be extinction skins that we would get by finding these dossiers similar to the reaper and bulldog masks leading up to aberrations realese but maybe the new content is the new creatures teased in the image. 

I like the idea of the treasure hunt of the new dossiers throughout the Arks, in the build up to extinction release. Am convinced that the image is a separate thing to extinction and we will have new dinos added to the base game. Am expecting more creatures like in Aberattion to be added in exctinction and not more dinos.

• Volunteer Moderator
25 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

God dammit my initial google search said the 11th lol. Just 3 days then. I knew that... honest...

My Google did that too, but I realised it was the 11th June 2015 which was the first movie, silly Google! I guess it just goes to show that "life finds a way" to find out the correct answers! ?

From the new picture posted on survivetheark we see three new dinos and a New landscape coming to the game. The landscape looks sandy but tropical. My theory is that dinosaurs where made by humans but broke free and concured the world. Maybe Half the map is tropical and safe but the other side is dangerous and apocalyptic.

15 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

The theory is I beleive, that stygimoloch and dracorex are just juvenile forms of the pachy. Its just a theory and depends who you ask, only so much a fossil can tell you I guess. I dont know anything more than the theory as my palentology knowledge is not a strong point.

As far as I am aware at the current time pachy, stygi and draco are still classified as separate species and as far as I am aware there is no plan to merge the three together. I could be wrong however but as the science stands it would make sense to add stygi or draco to the game. Would love to see one or both added :)

I believe you are referring to this....

15 hours ago, DuoMog said:

The Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom is out on June 22nd (20 days), so it's not that.

Jurassic World Evolution (the game) is out on the 12th June, so it's not that.

The only thing left is Ark Extinction.  Makes total sense for it to be released around the same time as the film.  WC have been totally silent on it, with no recent hype, so it has to be hasn't it ?

Jurassic world fallen kingdom come out june 11 or 12  in the UK  

wildcard based in the uk  (i think, the devs are always saying they have to fly home there )

so it could be related to the moive

13 minutes ago, jurassicjoey said:

Jurassic world fallen kingdom come out june 11 or 12  in the UK  

wildcard based in the uk  (i think, the devs are always saying they have to fly home there )

so it could be related to the moive

You may want to double check your google search. Comes out the 6th in the UK. Think you'll find  the 11th is the release date of the the original JW film back in 2015. I made exactly the same mistake.

55 minutes ago, Mendoza said:

I believe you are referring to this....

Oh I'll save that for later. Not really researched this topic recently.

Not sure what it will be, but being addicted to ARK since it came out in EA 2015, I am looking forward to whatever it is.  What is funny is that I was never "fascinated" by dinos growing up.  I had other interests.  But because of ARK, when I watch Jurassic World, or the  trailer for the new movie, I can identify 90% of the dinos I see.  

I just want to say thank you so much to the creators of Ark. As of today, I just found out that the "Life Finds A Way" countdown will be at zero on my birthday! What a blessing! I'm really looking forward to whatever is in store and I want to send you my thanks and good wishes. ? To all the Ark players here, what are your thoughts on the countdown? What do you think will happen when it hits zero?

Clearly people have forgotten Wildcard's track record. It is either a "birthday event" for official servers only, that consists of a couple of increased loot items that you simply need to tame the magical golden leopluradon to get. 

Or it will just be a piece of news that we must wait for another year to see to fruition (- perhaps a year and a half on console...). 

Archived