I kinda just started my aberration world i made a base by this swampish area and under these yellow crystal things (i don't really know too much about the new map) i wanna know the easiest way to get rockdrake eggs. like a way that will be possible very quickly. my base has a wall of metal spikes around it ( 3 layers) and there is about 4-6 spinos that spawn every time the game decides it needs more dinos. also 3-5 crabs spawn and a couple paracers. so if any of that helps what i'm trying to do then please let me know..also the cords to the cave entrance would be nice too. thx ^ 3 ^

Just now, mutanthannah said:

I know there are two ways to get rockdrake eggs, 

1 is to breed them

2 to steal them from the nests 

I'd say the easiest way i to breed them

what would be a quick way to get 2 eggs? any dino is easy to tame atm, i have a doedicurus but what should i get to head down there?

Probably depends on your resources and preferences, but one detailed post on a possible way:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/20/1620600279660803188/?ctp=2#c3288067088117813701
(Apparently the link's iffy)

There not 'near impossible' to get. Get a Megalosaurus, lv stam, health and damage, head to the small blue zone on the west side of the map. Climb down or build a ramp like I did. Follow it out into the redzone, over an element lake (we made a bridge) down and to the left heading down past the large teleporter rings, across a bridge that spans a HUGE element waterfall, and follow its river down to a dead end with three rockdrake nests right there with in view and easy to get to with rock picks. 

(optional) Kill any drakes that are there (easy enough with a single Megalosaurus) than snatch the eggs of they are there. If you don't kill the drakes, book it back to the mega and book it, you EASY outrun the drakes. 

If you're better prepped you can veture down below this area to even more nests. 

If you are super lazy and a bit daring you can go to the middle of the blue zone and just free fall down and hope to not go diving into the element waterfall/river down below, doing the 'dismount before landing' to avoid fall damage. 

-Solo player, pvp server, have enough eggs to sell off to people for resources. 

......my only annoyance is with latancy getting them to glide in ther first place instead of just jump, or make them not latch onto freaking everythjing they pass by is a headache :P

take at least 2 complete hazard suits with you, nice mega or drake would come in handy. Drake is faster,  so if you have the opportunity to buy a breed one, do it!

Go down, kill all drakes around the nests,  take the egg, kill the rest of the drakes who come after you.

Best way to do this together.

BTW. I got 185 eggs for sale ;)

Carmelo = name on steam ;)

Fastest way , would be to buy an egg.  Raise it.

Otherwise, get a spino or a megalo w/ lots of hp and melee.  I did it with 15k hp / 450me on a spino(final wave ended spino w/ 400 hp).  But it's not hard to get better.  Bring 2 full hazard suits and a few climbing picks as they wear out fast. Fill your mount w/ lots of meat, drakes don't give you allot and u'll need to feed to heal it up. Then you find the road down.  Going deep into blue until you get to the radiation zone, you need to follow the metal spine down.  There's a road you can ride the spino or megalo all the way down pretty much into a drakes nest.  From there you just climb to the eggs and climb back to your mount and pray you two can take on all the drakes that come at you.  I'd go for the deep spot where u can climb up to the eggs and just drop down to your mount fast vs the ones below that u'd have to climb back up and would probably get eaten before you got back up.  There's a video or 50 or so that show you the path down.

Unless you're on single player, it's going to be a while until you get your first egg. Let alone have the base and security to hatch it.

I recommend using TCL and GOD on single player mode and exploring the map.

Watch the below video for an in-depth and 95% success rate method explanation of securing your first rock drake egg. 

• 2 weeks later...

For the first egg you can take a hazard suit and ravager down the trench to take easy first egg in the upper left corner of the drake trench. If you follow the way down, keep left main and have 1 turn right when you have the Y split. There you will find like 5 nests easily.

Otherwise I recommend finding a youtube video if you are not sure about what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 10:58 AM, Tronguyjones said:

Unless you're on single player, it's going to be a while until you get your first egg. Let alone have the base and security to hatch it.

I recommend using TCL and GOD on single player mode and exploring the map.

Watch the below video for an in-depth and 95% success rate method explanation of securing your first rock drake egg. 

This is how im about to try it, got a mega with 15k hp and 550 damage, hopefully thats enough. :] wish me luck!

• 2 weeks later...

So this is hard to explain and probably even harder to understand what I am talking about but here goes. When you follow the winding foot path path down into the drake caverns you will see an area where the path forks. To the right is a natural rock bridge that goes over the foot of the drake canyon, to the left is a foot path that takes you along the rim of the canyon. Without a drake this is very difficult...do not go alone, with a drake it is so easy it is not even funny. Anywho follow the foot path to the left and fight your way though the drakes. Eventually the path will twist and turn(and a hard right to go up hill) until the path comes to a dead end. The dead end will if you turn right provide a view down into the drake canyon and a ways down you can even see the natural bridge I mentioned. Now here is the cool part....don't go into the drake canyon....look up instead. Along the walls of where your standing are four nests. If you loot the nests and leave the area new eggs will respawn in about 3-4 min. Then go back and loot those...again...and again....and again. With a drake you can fly in grab eggs and fly out before the horde of drakes can get you. Then rinse and repeat until you have all the eggs you can carry. The advantage here is the insane respawn time and the fact that you are not in a canyon with drakes raining from all directions. You are above the canyon and thus can use the high ground to fly to freedom. With a drake you can solo this all day long (got 30-40 eggs last trip with 8ea x lvl 170-185). Without a drake I did this run with a spino, a mega and a crab. The crab could jump up to the nests and loot while the rest of us wrecked drakes. That day all three of us walked out with lvl +170 eggs. Though to be honest the best way to get your first drake is to buy one lol.

you either need a spino or a karkino. With the crab is MUCH easier, so I suggest that way, evemn if the crab is more difficult to take. Get a crab, raise it to 30k health and 500% attack. Then search the video on youtube, it shouw you where to got, how to do it, everything. Very easy following that video. otherwise pretty difficult.

2 hours ago, Giorgino87 said:

you either need a spino or a karkino. With the crab is MUCH easier, so I suggest that way, evemn if the crab is more difficult to take. Get a crab, raise it to 30k health and 500% attack. Then search the video on youtube, it shouw you where to got, how to do it, everything. Very easy following that video. otherwise pretty difficult.

Unless the video guide shows it with official difficulty, you won't know if the same thing can't be applied to this. (Reason: Level difference of difficulty)

4 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Unless the video guide shows it with official difficulty, you won't know if the same thing can't be applied to this. (Reason: Level difference of difficulty)

It works also on Single Player difficulty. Difficulty is balanced overall in the game. Lower difficulty=lower level dino, both wild and tamed. I had no problem using the above strategy on SP with difficulty 0.2. So if it applies for 0.2 and 5, I guess it also works for any number in between. It's not the difficulty the matter, the matter is the strategy. Wrong strategy won't work with any difficulty :)

Archived