Is Wildcard going to do nothing about the building mess on PvE?

Zacusca

There is no way you can play on an Official PvE server at the moment, simply because of the mess of bases and pillars all over the map. And if you do happen to find a tiny spot to start a base on, you wake up next morning with pillars around your base and a sign saying "leave". How did they think it was a good idea to let players build indistructable object everywhere?

19 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

You wanted PVE you got PVE. Enjoy the experience.

I wanted PvE so I won't have to worry about losing all my progress to a stupid alpha tribe with 15 wyverns. Wildcard hasn't even attempted to do something about this extremely obvious problem. If they want to be treated like a serious company, they should act like one.

1 hour ago, Zacusca said:

I wanted PvE so I won't have to worry about losing all my progress to a stupid alpha tribe with 15 wyverns. Wildcard hasn't even attempted to do something about this extremely obvious problem. If they want to be treated like a serious company, they should act like one.

Well why not just play single player then. You won't have to interact with other players there and won't have any building issues. It's the PVE utopia.

3 hours ago, Zacusca said:

There is no way you can play on an Official PvE server at the moment, simply because of the mess of bases and pillars all over the map. And if you do happen to find a tiny spot to start a base on, you wake up next morning with pillars around your base and a sign saying "leave". How did they think it was a good idea to let players build indistructable object everywhere?

So the players who have been established there for a year should cater to you just jumping on the server and wanting a spot? Is that what you want? 

"WC has done nothing" - What about structure decay, dino decay, pillar changes, decayed dino change, another pillar change, tame limits and more all implemented for this very problem? I guess thats nothing.

You cant just hop in servers that are old and expect a spot. Try being active on the server, discussing with other tribes about a spot. The entitlement is huge. Whats your proposal to "fix" it? Or did you just want to rage about it?

16 minutes ago, d1nk said:

So the players who have been established there for a year should cater to you just jumping on the server and wanting a spot? Is that what you want? 

Whats your proposal to "fix" it? Or did you just want to rage about it?

He didn't know they were established - if they were, there likely would have been pillars preventing his build. Or there would have been a sign saying something else. 

I don't think he has a proposal - I think he wants a solution to his problem, that he can't solve, because WC won't allow him to do so directly. 

5 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

He didn't know they were established - if they were, there likely would have been pillars preventing his build. Or there would have been a sign saying something else. 

I don't think he has a proposal - I think he wants a solution to his problem, that he can't solve, because WC won't allow him to do so directly. 

Okay, so he doesnt know. Next time he will know. There was pillars, he even said so.. it doesnt matter if it was a proposal or not honestly, im basically asking him if hes got a solution or just wants to complain.

Weve seen these threads every few days since release. Usually the player just wants to complain without understanding there are other people who play and have played a lot longer. (Like this thread) Why should he be entitled to a spot? Search for it, change servers until you find one

I have asked on 3 different servers none will remove them, it' a big mess, I have submitted a ticket and hope fully where I want to build they will remove them as it's limting the gaming experience.

I mean one tribe are on one side the island while they have pillars all on the other side to me that is making sure you can't experience the full game.

Number one rule of Ark, don't play official.  Find a unofficial server with a low pop and friendly players, or start playing single player.  Unless you wanna spend your days sucking up to some Alpha that doesn't need to have a job in real life your options are unofficial PVE or single player.  This is the main reason I moved to single player, got sick of getting Unicorned on PVP and dealing with the inevitable server  lag and crowding on PVE

It's just the way it is. Any PvE with any sizable population will have resource or land blocking in some way or another. Submit as many tickets as you want it will do nothing. Unless they are blocking access to certain areas, such as gating off or blocking caves, then they are not breaking any rules. It is not against any ToS policy to reserve land or protect resources with pillars, no matter how inconvenient it is to you.

The one surefire way to fix your own problem is to either play on a PvP server, which you've already stated you do not want to do, or to join an unofficial, as already suggested, that is willing to help. 

I host a cluster and we do not have any issues. 

If PVE tribes are foundation spamming or placing cables or pipes in areas to prevent new players building you need to take screenshots or a video and submit it. It's against the new TOS. So they should be penalized for doing it. It's also against the TOS to build to close to other players/block there access. Ark realy needs more GMs 

5 hours ago, LionHeart2017 said:

If PVE tribes are foundation spamming or placing cables or pipes in areas to prevent new players building you need to take screenshots or a video and submit it. It's against the new TOS. So they should be penalized for doing it. It's also against the TOS to build to close to other players/block there access. Ark realy needs more GMs 

I am pretty sure they are just expressing their PVE rights there is nothing wrong with a bunch of pipes all over the map. It could be some kind of abstract art installation they are making for the community. To you it might seem like an ugly mess but to them its art, its visionary its why they play PVE freedom to express themselves through building.

4 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I am pretty sure they are just expressing their PVE rights there is nothing wrong with a bunch of pipes all over the map. It could be some kind of abstract art installation they are making for the community. To you it might seem like an ugly mess but to them its art, its visionary its why they play PVE freedom to express themselves through building.

I laughed. Although this may potentially be true in 1 of 100 scenarios, no one perceives it that way lol. It may also be true in real life that one can build underground, otherwise under the mesh in game, and therefore should have the freedom to build under the mesh because their freedom to build includes being able to play like a hobbit. 

>.<

I was on The Center Map 322 (PS4) and have left it this past Saturday because it is a legacy server and will be wiped. I was on there for over 1 1/2 years all that time wasted taming dino's hours upon hours. So now I have to move to another server and start all over again there was no problems what so ever no lagging or blue screening or not a lot of rendering problems! Now I have to deal with all that b.s. again not too mention finding a spot that is available w/out tribes pillaring everywhere. I've tamed dino's and given them away to people without asking for anything in return and if I did ask it would be for some help if and when I needed it. I would always ask if people were on the server before logging out if they needed any kind of kibble or what ever to at least help them out even if I wasn't on. I'm just disgusted and really don't feel like starting over and think that's why a lot of people quit playing that was on that server!

On 6/2/2018 at 5:03 AM, Zacusca said:

wildcard has done tons to address this, but what you want is completely unreasonable. You clearly didn't start on any of these servers back when they came online, yet you feel entitled to land someone else already owns. And not once have you considered the other players perspective of how'd they like it if land was forceably taken from them just so you could build your thatch shack right on their doorstep, where every week after that you'll be demanding more land you feel entitled to so you can expand your base to make room for more dinos.

Try moving out away from the spawn zones and you'll find land where you aren't building within render distance of your neighbor. You can find land like this on all three official pve servers i play on, so don't act like it doesn't exist.

Archived