Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NethrosDefectus

Griffin TLC pass?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, kagemusha said:

they probably wont bring breeding to most of the server unique dinos like gryphons, basilisks, Kark's

Karkinos is a whole nother story in terms of breeding. They haven't made it so  people can breed Arthopods (e.g: Lymtria, Pulmonoscorpius and Manta to name a few, Karkinos is part of it as well) yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TLC doesn't necessarily mean a buff. It just means a complete redo. They haven't even been out for 9 months so they're fine the way they are. Take the Diplodocus or the carno for example. Both essentially useless and really need some work done. And for breeding I don't think that'll ever come. Tamed Griffins are already on par with most other bred dinos in the game, breeding them would make them even more overpowered

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 11:13 PM, Frogspoison said:

None whatsoever.

 

Before the Griffin gets breeding, bugs should get breeding. We know how bugs breed, but we don't know poop on how a bird-lion thing breeds.

Griffins would lay eggs if they follow mythology. There's also the possibility of adding a new creature, the Hippogriff, and breeding mechanics by allowing griffins to breed with equus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After taming our first griffons a few days ago, one was a 140 and one was a 55, many what a let down.  I hope they get changed at some point, the stamina sucks, they are weak af and basically are very underwhelming.  The main benefits so far are speed, and the ability to shoot while riding it.  If you are high enough in the air, you can dismount and stand on it's back while it regens stamina, but this only seems to work high off the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, D4u2s0t said:

After taming our first griffons a few days ago, one was a 140 and one was a 55, many what a let down.  I hope they get changed at some point, the stamina sucks, they are weak af and basically are very underwhelming.  The main benefits so far are speed, and the ability to shoot while riding it.  If you are high enough in the air, you can dismount and stand on it's back while it regens stamina, but this only seems to work high off the ground.

Make it follow you, and you can stand on it's back at any height (same applies to wyverns).

Griffins are awesome for building (can strafe, move backwards and you can stand on them), traveling across the map, taming (shoot from it's back) and stealing wyvern eggs (you can actually use the spyglass without just looking at your mount's wings and head.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, D4u2s0t said:

After taming our first griffons a few days ago, one was a 140 and one was a 55, many what a let down.  I hope they get changed at some point, the stamina sucks, they are weak af and basically are very underwhelming.  The main benefits so far are speed, and the ability to shoot while riding it.  If you are high enough in the air, you can dismount and stand on it's back while it regens stamina, but this only seems to work high off the ground.

You do know that diving while attacking does almost as much damage as a giga bite right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

You do know that diving while attacking does almost as much damage as a giga bite right?

Yes.  I'd much rather use my argy that kills anything in just a few hits and will  still have enough stamina to fly across the island.  I have about 2600 stamina and 1100% damage on it.  Our griffons are an absolute joke compared to our argys in terms of combat.  Now granted, these are the first 2 griffons we have tamed, and after checking out a few more I may revise my opinion.  I could have just got crap luck with the tame stats.  The 140 griffon which tamed to like 209 or something had 210% damage.  Weak AF, and I can do about 1 good divebomb before I have to regen stamina.   I'm keeping my eyes out for more high levels to try to them out, killed 7 yesterday with the highest being lvl 90, most were under 40.  

 

18 hours ago, Weiss said:

Make it follow you, and you can stand on it's back at any height (same applies to wyverns).

Griffins are awesome for building (can strafe, move backwards and you can stand on them), traveling across the map, taming (shoot from it's back) and stealing wyvern eggs (you can actually use the spyglass without just looking at your mount's wings and head.

I didn't know about the follow, I will give that a try.  I will use the griffon for things like that, or for getting around fast, I just don't see it becoming my every day flyer.  I'll grab it when I have to fly across the map to my other base or something.   I do love that you can shoot off of it as well.  As I said above my opinion may change if we get a better griffon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 5:44 PM, Weiss said:

Make it follow you, and you can stand on it's back at any height (same applies to wyverns).

Griffins are awesome for building (can strafe, move backwards and you can stand on them), traveling across the map, taming (shoot from it's back) and stealing wyvern eggs (you can actually use the spyglass without just looking at your mount's wings and head.

Thanks, worked perfectly.  After 1500 hours in the game we took a break, and haven't kept up with the news, so we are still learning about all the new animals since we played last. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×