Need advice on singleplayer difficulty

Voidstar

Returning after a long break from the game (around aberration launch).

I want to play singleplayer, do bosses and stuff with no tedious hard gameplay nor really easy.

I got some creatures around 140 (spinos) and the rest in the range of 30-80.

Managed to kill the gamma spider easily with single player settings (diff offset 0.2 default)

The thing is, if I set the difficulty like official, like I used to play before (5x), the bosses are...well horrible. Also the caves (like the swamp cave) is a poopfest. doable, but hard. Also needing 19 rexes is ok but taking them everytime to the obelisk...omg.

I want to have high dinos (around 100 is fine) but I wouldn t want to change the difficulty offset everytime I do bosses (feels a bit too easy).

If I leave the difficulty offset from sp settings to 0.2 and tame 30 lvl dinos (max), is the stuff like bosses and caves doable? I want to find a balance but it is kinda hard?

I beat the spider gamma with 3 130 spinos, 1 80 rex and 1 bear 140. and one mesopithecus for morale reduction by feces trebuchet. the pets lost 2/5k health.

If the difficulty is set to 0.2, most of the dinos are lvl 2-16. They die in 1 shot...even with lvl 30 tamed dinos (54 with kibble) + leveling up.

ANy other ideas are welcome.thank you

9 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

Returning after a long break from the game (around aberration launch).

I want to play singleplayer, do bosses and stuff with no tedious hard gameplay nor really easy.

I got some creatures around 140 (spinos) and the rest in the range of 30-80.

Managed to kill the gamma spider easily with single player settings (diff offset 0.2 default)

The thing is, if I set the difficulty like official, like I used to play before (5x), the bosses are...well horrible. Also the caves (like the swamp cave) is a poopfest. doable, but hard. Also needing 19 rexes is ok but taking them everytime to the obelisk...omg.

I want to have high dinos (around 100 is fine) but I wouldn t want to change the difficulty offset everytime I do bosses (feels a bit too easy).

If I leave the difficulty offset from sp settings to 0.2 and tame 30 lvl dinos (max), is the stuff like bosses and caves doable? I want to find a balance but it is kinda hard?

I beat the spider gamma with 3 130 spinos, 1 80 rex and 1 bear 140. and one mesopithecus for morale reduction by feces trebuchet. the pets lost 2/5k health.

If the difficulty is set to 0.2, most of the dinos are lvl 2-16. They die in 1 shot...even with lvl 30 tamed dinos (54 with kibble) + leveling up.

ANy other ideas are welcome.thank you

If youre running overide max difficulty 5 the dinos cap at 150 just like on official servers, if not its a difficulty of 4 with wild dinos maxing out at 120.  You can just flick single player settings on to boost your dinos stats, but not affect levels of creatures, it almost doubles health and melee(I don't use this setting because it makes the game too easy for me).  Try hunting for high level rexes on the center after you boost your difficulty setting, since 150s are much more common on the center and ragnarok.  I just usually leave my rexes at the obelisks inbetween fights.

1 minute ago, RipRavage said:

If youre running overide max difficulty 5 the dinos cap at 150 just like on official servers, if not its a difficulty of 4 with wild dinos maxing out at 120.  You can just flick single player settings on to boost your dinos stats, but not affect levels of creatures, it almost doubles health and melee(I don't use this setting because it makes the game too easy for me).  Try hunting for high level rexes on the center after you boost your difficulty setting, since 150s are much more common on the center and ragnarok.  I just usually leave my rexes at the obelisks inbetween fights.

but max difficulty on 5 isn t intended for servers with many people? I am just one..even with the double health and melee

1 minute ago, Voidstar said:

but max difficulty on 5 isn t intended for servers with many people? I am just one..even with the double health and melee

If you put the difficulty slider up to max it is by default technically actually set to 4, this results in 120 max wild dinos, if you use the overidemaxdifficulty 5 setting it sets it to 5 so that it matches official server settings with 150 being the max wild dino levels.  The slider reads something like 1.0 when maxed, but it is actually set to 4.  The counter to the hight difficulty is the fact that you can tame higher level dinos, which makes boss fights more managable.  You should be able to beat the gamma broodmother and megapithecus with rexes with 20-30k health and 500 melee so long as you have a yutyrannus.  You can manually adjust how much the dinos stats increase with each level too if you want to make your dinos stronger.

The reason I was suggesting to max the difficulty and adjust the stats individually is that regardless of what difficulty changes you make your dinos level will stay the same.  You want to tame the highest possible level dinos you can so that when you breed for mutations it will stay on high level dinos.  You can adjust how much damage everything does or how much stats they get per level, but their base level will always stay the same.  If you max out difficulty you can tame 150 plus dinos and adjust the stats and damage setting everytime the game gets stale for you.  If you cap out at lower than max basically you will have to tame new dinos everytime you up the difficulty since they wont be anywhere near as high level as the max for the new difficulty.  Thats why I suggest you max difficulty and play with the damage sliders, that way when you decide to bump the difficulty up you will still have a good breeding base for your dinos.

7 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

The reason I was suggesting to max the difficulty and adjust the stats individually is that regardless of what difficulty changes you make your dinos level will stay the same.  You want to tame the highest possible level dinos you can so that when you breed for mutations it will stay on high level dinos.  You can adjust how much damage everything does or how much stats they get per level, but their base level will always stay the same.  If you max out difficulty you can tame 150 plus dinos and adjust the stats and damage setting everytime the game gets stale for you.  If you cap out at lower than max basically you will have to tame new dinos everytime you up the difficulty since they wont be anywhere near as high level as the max for the new difficulty.  Thats why I suggest you max difficulty and play with the damage sliders, that way when you decide to bump the difficulty up you will still have a good breeding base for your dinos.

Can I separately edit the stats of bosses, or do the changes apply to all dinos and bosses?

Just now, Voidstar said:

Can I separately edit the stats of bosses, or do the changes apply to all dinos and bosses?

It is for all wild dinos, but there are command lines you can put into the ini file to change the boss levels.  

read this article https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/133255957993592684/

Here are some command lines from that post on how to do that.

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)

1=default

0.5 in damage would make them deal half damage use any value you want
0.5 resistance would make them take double damage use any value you like

3 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

It is for all wild dinos, but there are command lines you can put into the ini file to change the boss levels.  

read this article https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/133255957993592684/

Here are some command lines from that post on how to do that.

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)
TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=1.00)

1=default

0.5 in damage would make them deal half damage use any value you want
0.5 resistance would make them take double damage use any value you like

very interesting. thank you. I wonder how these values look on the 0.2 difficulty offset (the one from singleplayer settings)

very interesting. thank you. I wonder how these values look on the 0.2 difficulty offset (the one from singleplayer settings)

The 0.2 multiplier is applied after the fact, so their difficulty setting would then be multiplied by 0.2.  I read further down the post, and I think these are the actual lines you would have to use since the bosses are separated by their difficulty for their offsets.  If you set the boss damage resistance to .5 then that would have the .2 difficulty applied to it, resulting in the boss doing half the damage it normally would on .2 difficulty.

Broodmother

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00)

Megapithecus

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Gorilla_Character_BP_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00)

Dwagon

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00)

Manticore:

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Manticore_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Manticore_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Manticore_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Manticore_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Manticore_Character_BP_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Manticore_Character_BP_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Manticore_Character_BP_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Manticore_Character_BP_Medium_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Manticore_Character_BP_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Manticore_Character_BP_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Manticore_Character_BP_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="Manticore_Character_BP_Hard_C",Multiplier=1.00) EDIT! I forgot to put classes _C and added manticore! Apologies.

So if I understand correctly. the base is for example number 10. on sp settings it is 10 x 0.2=2 so 1/5 of the initial stat.

If i set difficulty to 5, it would be 10 x 5 - 50. after sp settings 50 x 0.2 = 25.

then if I would set 5 instead of 10 (so 0.5 instead of 1), it would be 25 x 0.2 = 12.5 so 1/4 of the original 5x difficulty with sp settings.

also how to solve the cave problems? on 5x the creatures reach even level 500...and there is a lot of them...like meganeura.

So if I understand correctly. the base is for example number 10. on sp settings it is 10 x 0.2=2 so 1/5 of the initial stat.

If i set difficulty to 5, it would be 10 x 5 - 50. after sp settings 50 x 0.2 = 25.

then if I would set 5 instead of 10, it would be 25 x 0.2 = 12.5 so 1/4 of the original 5x difficulty with sp settings.

also how to solve the cave problems? on 5x the creatures reach even level 500...and there is a lot of them...like meganeura.

Well the default setting for difficulty is 4, so 0.2 difficulty would be an actually difficulty of .8.  On official servers it set to 5, so unless you have overridemaxdifficulty 5 in the ini file, the default max is set to 4 (which results in 120 max).  So the math is right for the most part, its just most likely 1/4 instead of 1/5 unless you override max difficulty to match official servers. 

On a difficulty of 4 or 5 you can run into dinos over level 300 inside of caves, but thats only certain ones like the swamp cave and the ice caves.  Im not sure if there are any settings to lower cave spawns, but you can set it so that your dinos have a resistance and damage buff against wild dinos.

10 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Well the default setting for difficulty is 4, so 0.2 difficulty would be an actually difficulty of .8.  On official servers it set to 5, so unless you have overridemaxdifficulty 5 in the ini file, the default max is set to 4 (which results in 120 max).  So the math is right for the most part, its just most likely 1/4 instead of 1/5 unless you override max difficulty to match official servers. 

On a difficulty of 4 or 5 you can run into dinos over level 300 inside of caves, but thats only certain ones like the swamp cave and the ice caves.  Im not sure if there are any settings to lower cave spawns, but you can set it so that your dinos have a resistance and damage buff against wild dinos.

thanks alot for solvingthe dilemma. I will set the difficulty to 150 lvl dinos and adjust the stats for bosses.

Just now, Voidstar said:

thanks alot for solvingthe dilemma. I will set the difficulty to 150 lvl dinos and adjust the stats for bosses.

No problem, just do some testing to make sure those lines actually work before you full blown commit to a boss fight, last thing you want to do is lose all the work you have done.  Make sure you back up your saves beforehand.

On 6/1/2018 at 2:05 AM, RipRavage said:

No problem, just do some testing to make sure those lines actually work before you full blown commit to a boss fight, last thing you want to do is lose all the work you have done.  Make sure you back up your saves beforehand.

I got my dinos from my old official ragnarok server. They are all 140-150 tames, bred etc with good saddles (70 armor). I never attempted the bosses there but was ready for them.

I thought why not use them..they are Dinos obtained legitly in months of playing on OFFICIAL...Just the dinos and few saddles. The rest i ll farm. Actually i got just 2-3 rexes and megatheriums and i ll breed them.

On 6/3/2018 at 5:01 AM, Voidstar said:

I got my dinos from my old official ragnarok server. They are all 140-150 tames, bred etc with good saddles (70 armor). I never attempted the bosses there but was ready for them.

I thought why not use them..they are Dinos obtained legitly in months of playing on OFFICIAL...Just the dinos and few saddles. The rest i ll farm. Actually i got just 2-3 rexes and megatheriums and i ll breed them.

Most of my Rexes I've grabbed from the Center since they are usually higher level, the rest I farmed from Rex rock on Scorched Earth (The spot near the ruins of Nosti where they continually respawn).

4 hours ago, RipRavage said:

Most of my Rexes I've grabbed from the Center since they are usually higher level, the rest I farmed from Rex rock on Scorched Earth (The spot near the ruins of Nosti where they continually respawn).

I know the spot ! will try beta spider today. also got some fat megatheriums and a yuti

Archived