Abberation Primitive plus

Resurrected

Hi I posted this on steam but didn't got any answer.

Hi, I am looking for some info since I recently started playing ark again and since I wanted a new start without loosing my buildings I thought why not primitive plus on abberation.

Anyhow here are some questions I hope someone can answer.

1. Industrial forge doesn't make glass is it a bug or intended ?
2. I have a climbing pick engram, but can't find it where to craft all building don't show it.
3. Can't cook mushroom stew nowhere, do I need a recipe or ? I've put the ingredients but nothing happens.
4. Why don't we have an rock drake saddle engram ?????
5. Why don't we have the attachment to go up zip lines? Using zip lines just to go down renders them meaningless since everyone can glide down. Going up was the point.
6. If I was to play with default ark settings on crop growth I'd probably never bake. Primitive plus has so much to offer in regards of cooking but even with my 99999x flora grow rate it's a grind to actually make food items.
8. Obsidian pickax seems pointless since I get overall more material and the one that I need with an iron pickax or axe. Am I missing something?
9. Who can damage lumber buildings ? Are they as strong as wood and bricks as strong as stone?
10. Why is there no way to collect gass just pick it up.
11. Alchemy table seems not to work as normal arks chemistry bench, it does not give more resources or is it just me, more like same pestle and mot.
12. Industrial forge does not refine wood/fungi to coal. Why ? bug or intended ?
13. Rock drakes If we can't ride em, can't hatch em it's gonna be relay hard fight with the last boss, also renders the radiation zone useless why go there ? Only for reapers? Overall rock drakes such an amazing journey to go get the egg and fly around.
14. Long loading screen times. Seems like it really is a total conversion every time converting, making the ssd or hdd work, isn't there no way to have a separate game/files to avoid loading times. Just have the same game 2x times will take 2x space but you will save 4x time on loading screens.

Over all seems we can build a lot of cool new stuff, yet the stuff is just for show it gives no meaning or usefulness, a few different types of arrows that do the same thing with no different benefits, a lot of different food that is basically unmakable played for 12h+ straight can't grow enough sugar to make a cocktail..... simpler to eat berries. Well with 999x rates it's posible but I can't imagine people playing it on default.

No tek gear, okay, I undestand and agree but why leave the option to mine element go to the station (light metal obelisks across ark) and make tek element (all tho we do not have battery engram).

Seems like nothing in primitive + was thought out and is just meh a very early accsses thing any idea if anything would get better or is it better to save yourselves a heartbreak and play regular ark instead of this unfully converted mode? Since I only play solo and I do't want to play if I know that there is no chance for me to kill a boss. In my regular play through on normal ark in abberation in took me a month to actually kill Rockwell with preparing ammo, building a base making stews,  getting a drake, artifacts, trying different tactics and finally getting him down on like 4th time. On primitive plus it seems that this will not happen, I just need reassurance that it's posible to kill a boss, I don't mind it being hard or extremely maybe hard just so that it is actualy doable.

Remember that in Aberration, you makes Element, not spew elements from bosses even though Tek equipments are disabled. Even with P+, this will remain.

But yeah, these needs to be relooked at.

They need a primitive version of some of the missing engrams as well, like gas collector. Its too modern, and need a primitive variant, else it makes the map unplayable for this conversion.

• 4 months later...

I have an answer to a few of your questions. 

5. It's primitive plus. If you want to go up zip lines. You use a tame to help you out. 

11. The alchemy bench gives Dubble to resources for the same cost of only one. (4 for the cost of two if you're talking of stuff like sparkpowder) 

12. It's an industrial forge from primitive plus. It doesn't perse mean it's the same item. So It doesn't surprise me that it would not make charcoal. If you're looking for coal though. I'd suggest looking for Obsidian and hit it with an Obsidian lick. Also basicly answering your 8th question. 

13. You can hatch them. Have you never tried dimetrodons. They are living and breathing air-conditioning systems. Besides. My tribe has them with the saddles. I don't recall finding a Blueprint for the saddle. But I don't really craft those. I just make shure the dinos have food and get the eggs hatched for the tribe. 

Archived