FUture of Ark

PhknDuker

Over the past two weeks I have watched two of my servers population drop to nothing,. After investigating my friends list to see where everyone is and talking to a few members who outright admitted to quitting, Ive realized,. No matter what we do in this game, it’s redundant. There is no future for Ark unless wildcard undergoes some major changes to their business strategy and game content priorities. Most players are still playing Xbox, with a great deal taking the opportunity to enjoy the nicer weather,. Still they’re all leaving to other survival games like Conan and state of decay 2 both are outstanding games and have just as much if not more potential given the right leadership in their development process. Your game machanics are almost always broken, some way shape or form, which causes players hours of lost time. The dinosaurs are constantly downgraded with the only real reason being, they’re over used. The building mechanics change so much you can’t finish any large projects without having to adjust because you change the snap point settings more then you host evolution events we actually benefit from and are motivated for,. Seems the best way to play the game is on PC and using player created modified versions because they all seem to take more pride. You over charged for your game and never ever seemed to give any appreciation to the support group we all gave you during and continued past your ‘official’ launch.. Constant losses by anyone who plays and the thanks we are given is consistent changes that mostly seem to make building, taming, exploring and just generally speaking, playing harder and more of a grind. This game is a full time job to maintain and it’s very easy to lose motivation and watch everyone else give up around you. If you do not make major changes and fast, you will lose all your momentum and the trashing of your game across all platforms and social media will be your companies demise. Promise! On a positive note, thanks for the evolution event, this ones actually good,. Too bad most of my tribes playing Conan or State for Decay 2 and I’m going camping to get a good break from this Job I call ark. 

Sincerely, 

Leduc.

I played Ark for 2576 hours since it's first week.  It's the best game I have ever played, however I had to walk away from it.  I have played Official PvP for 12 months, and the balance of the time was unofficial PvP and PvE towards the end.  I wouldn't have lasted that long only the automation mods and higher settings on the unofficial kept me going.

In my case, the simple truth is I cannot justify the time the game commands, particularly when I get to boss fight level, and the game became a demanding second job that seemed to lose it's way when it expanded into SE and Aberration.  It was really only combining S+ and AA mods on the unofficial to automate breeding, and the friendly community of players, that kept me as long as it did.  The community is gone now, and so am I.

State of Decay 2, Conan, etc they don't come close to Ark, for complexity, challenge and entertainment (I have them as well) but it is these aspects of Ark that also make it impossible to keep up the grind.

Archived