Jump to content
Jatheish

Community Crunch 133: Code of Conduct Changes, Cooking with Zen Rowe, & More!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Ksiraan said:

I "like" that PvE nerf. Especially because server i play on is overpopulated by chinese Dino-dumps and its always capped. Will(not) be able to tame more dinos and breed my allos. Also thoughts on "fresh" servers - DAY 1: Big alliances of players come to fresh servers. On next week they claim tons of important land and tame thousands of dodos (or other small creatures). Then they feed them once a week and refresh cooldown on pillars up until day 60. DAY 61: Fresh server enables transferring. Almost all dodos will be transfered\killed and those tribes will transfer their dinos to new servers, creating dino dumps to reduce their servers CAPS and breed some dinos. Thanks WC for disabling last way to reduce CAP. Great game. More dodo taming tribes in future.
P.S. will you enable regional servers please? Chinese players are cancer, they dino dump, they use exploits to get recources and dino levels.
P.P.S. Im really raging from that update, sorry if you consider anything offencive.

Are you talking of those same chinese that own Wildcard, and inyected the money needed to launch the game? :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Legacy community will be reduced to only 30 server and 18 are Ragnarok servers... whats happens with Scorched Earth? No more Official Legacy Servers? No more Phoenixs? Why Devs doesn't finishish the ascention process from Schorched earth to Aberration? that part of the History is broken, and what happens to the Tek Wyvern?

Edited by SpCowboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

 

 

This does not say anything about, nor does it hint to the conclusion of, them updating the current saves that are available. For instance; NA Official 442 - which was deleted in the 2nd round of the great migration, has a current save that dates November of 2017, as do the still-active legacy servers. That was six months ago, nearly seven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi guys i have 1 question any one can help me our server now more than 2 mounthe under ddos juse in 5 or 6 day open for 2 hours ee go feed giga and ddos again and wild card dont do any thing know for 6 day we cant joain the server i think our giga die and that continued our base auto deacave and thats 1 year oure time we have more than 80 giga and thats official pvp ps4 server

im use tcked report and but wild card bot do any thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe unrelated but I wish they would come up with a save system of some sort for our characters because having your character deleted by a server crash and rollback due to dupers or whatever can royally screw you over. Especially if your a solo player. You lose your imprints, personally owned dino rights, personally owned structures was a fun one, And yes I know you can open a support ticket for assistance with dino ownership but when I had to do so last time it took me two months to get assistance cause the first gm I was set up with fell into the void and I had to open a whole new ticket and wait again. Fun times. I mean I would imagine having a system like this in place so we can restore our deleted characters would alleviate a portion of their support tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 6:59 PM, Nokosa said:

This does not say anything about, nor does it hint to the conclusion of, them updating the current saves that are available. For instance; NA Official 442 - which was deleted in the 2nd round of the great migration, has a current save that dates November of 2017, as do the still-active legacy servers. That was six months ago, nearly seven. 

There are two lists you are looking at the wrong one. The deleted saves are on the deprecated list the live saves are not. I do not recall the title of the list off hand though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Intentionally using wild creatures to destroy a player's assets when not in a tribe war.

But what if other players use tames plagued with Swamp Fever, and drop them in your base?

As far as I know, non allied tamed creatures can spread Swamp Fever to another tribe, but I could be wrong (please correct me if I am mistaken)

Had a rash of some players spreading swamp fever a few weeks ago on the official legacy pve I play. Thankfully they didn't target me... but I still rushed around with wood and thatch to quickly box up all my dinos in order to protect my creatures.

From then on, most of my dinos are kept inside. Most of my bases look terrible now, and laggy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

But what if other players use tames plagued with Swamp Fever, and drop them in your base?

As far as I know, non allied tamed creatures can spread Swamp Fever to another tribe, but I could be wrong (please correct me if I am mistaken)

Had a rash of some players spreading swamp fever a few weeks ago on the official legacy pve I play. Thankfully they didn't target me... but I still rushed around with wood and thatch to quickly box up all my dinos in order to protect my creatures.

From then on, most of my dinos are kept inside. Most of my bases look terrible now, and laggy.

Are you sure it was players spreading swamp fever? There was a bug a while ago, not sure when it was resolved on console that Pachyrhinos were giving swamp fever through their mist that they spray, and this was specific only to PvE servers.

Are you also aware that only Humans and Dodos can catch and spread swamp fever? Therefore, even if someone on PvE drops a diseased Dodo in your base the only things that will contract the swamp fever are the players and other Dodos in the base, no other dino will catch it. Therefore not much of a need to keep all dinos inside, just keep Dodos inside?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hardballer said:

Here's an update suggestion: 

Unlock the Tek replicator on abberation.  What's wrong with you people.

I'm curious about this one? I can understand why people think the tek replicator should be unlocked by Rockwell, however, lets go with the idea it is, and see what you can do with it.

You would be able to craft the following things:

Tek Sleeping Pod
Rock Drake Tek Saddle
Tek Railgun

The Tek Sleeping Pod you would not be able to use fully because it needs a Tek Generator to run it, the other 2 things you'd probably not use a lot of anyway. So if you haven't unlocked the Tek Replicator and other Tekgrams on the other maps, then what is the great benefit of unlocking Replicator on Aberration?

As I say I understand why people say Tek Replicator should be unlockable, but I find it odd how it would be remotely useful really without any other Tekgrams unlocked.

Edited by GP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, GP said:

I'm curious about this one? I can understand why people think the tek replicator should be unlocked by Rockwell, however, lets go with the idea it is, and see what you can do with it. 

You would be able to craft the following things:

Tek Sleeping Pod
Rock Drake Tek Saddle
Tek Railgun

The Tek Sleeping Pod you would not be able to use fully because it needs a Tek Generator to run it, the other 2 things you'd probably not use a lot of anyway. So if you haven't unlocked the Tek Replicator and other Tekgrams on the other maps, then what is the great benefit of unlocking Replicator on Aberration?

As I say I understand why people say Tek Replicator should be unlockable, but I find it odd how it would be remotely useful really without any other Tekgrams unlocked.

 I'll gladly solve that mystery for you. 

1:  Crafting ascendant saddles - they require way over 60 slots of materials.  Pretty necessary.

2:  Crafting at 12x speed instead of wasting time waiting for it at the smithy or fabricator.  Saves a lot of time if you add it all up.

3:  Crafting proper gear without non-stop having to fill up/remove the correct amount of items in a fabricator/smithy.    Let's, for instance, take Mastercraft - or even journeyman - hazard gear.  The mats to craft 1 mc shirt almost take up all slots of a fabricator.  In a replicator you can put enough stuff to make a full set without constantly having to calculate how much gasballs, blue gems, crystal, organic polymer, etc. you need.  On top of that, I have to empty the fabricator of other stuff before I can even start crafting.  Big gain of time and effort if you can just dump it all in a replicator.

Only for stuff like this I need it.  I don't care about tek stuff, I have a full tek base on single player and 90% of it I really don't care about.  On pve you don't really need tek gear anyway.

On top of that, and this is what ticks me off a bit about this whole forced server transfer situation,  Wildcard currently offers ZERO assistance when your character gets lost in a transfer.   I'm a solo player so there's the small but real risk of losing everything I have every time I transfer.  In a tribe you can re-join and start from level 1 if need be.  Me, I would be screwed.  Even if WC could help, it takes them weeks to respond to tickets so all my dinos would be gone and all my structures expired.  

I'm very established after 6 months and I really don't feel like scooping up a new player that I don't know and give him admin rights over all of my stuff just to have backup when something goes wrong with a server transfer.  That's insane.  I've seen enough crap happen on my server to not even contemplate doing something stupid like that.   At least wildcard should provide some proper assistance if they can't prevent characters from getting lost.  Or just let players log on to different servers with the same character in the game menu instead of all this glitchy obelisk transfer crap.  I'd be at the island unlocking that replicator right now instead of ranting about it here...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hardballer said:

 I'll gladly solve that mystery for you. 

1:  Crafting ascendant saddles - they require way over 60 slots of materials.  Pretty necessary.

2:  Crafting at 12x speed instead of wasting time waiting for it at the smithy or fabricator.  Saves a lot of time if you add it all up.

3:  Crafting proper gear without non-stop having to fill up/remove the correct amount of items in a fabricator/smithy.    Let's, for instance, take Mastercraft - or even journeyman - hazard gear.  The mats to craft 1 mc shirt almost take up all slots of a fabricator.  In a replicator you can put enough stuff to make a full set without constantly having to calculate how much gasballs, blue gems, crystal, organic polymer, etc. you need.  On top of that, I have to empty the fabricator of other stuff before I can even start crafting.  Big gain of time and effort if you can just dump it all in a replicator.

Only for stuff like this I need it.  I don't care about tek stuff, I have a full tek base on single player and 90% of it I really don't care about.  On pve you don't really need tek gear anyway.

Ah I get it now, I was only looking at it from a Tek perspective, my bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lilpanda On the top 30 servers list there is none for Scorched Earth. In the last big Migration I lost my complete Scorched Earth base with hundreds of hours invested just because the Servers list was updated several times after initial posting. So I checked at the beginning, thought the server is "safe" then you deleted it. I was so frustrated that I almost stopped playing alltogether.

I'd like to restart on Scorched Earth but won't do so if I'm not sure there is a server that will last at least 1 year or so.

Thx for any hint regarding this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2018 at 12:14 AM, GP said:

Are you sure it was players spreading swamp fever?

They said it in chat. It was during that pachyrhino bug, made it easy for them to poison their dodos. I did not see them in person doing it, but they talked about it in chat.

So no, I am not 100% sure, because I didnt see what they did.

But knowing them, they had no reason to lie about doing it. They are the kind of person who would do such a thing, and brag about it in chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

They said it in chat. It was during that pachyrhino bug, made it easy for them to poison their dodos. I did not see them in person doing it, but they talked about it in chat.

So no, I am not 100% sure, because I didnt see what they did.

But knowing them, they had no reason to lie about doing it. They are the kind of person who would do such a thing, and brag about it in chat.

I see, well there's still the point, that type of issue is only a concern for your dodos and survivors, there's no need to place all your dinos inside your base resulting in it looking horrible and laggy.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a official server PVP are I have to say thank you for starting to crack down on the cheaters with the under mapping and the floating structures but when it comes down to building I'm platform Saddles I feel like you have it backwards you shouldn't be banning people for building on platform Saddles the way they want if you don't want it to build that way you should fix the mechanics of it not banned players for utilizing their resources building a structure around around platform saddle should not be a bannable offenses they're not Unstoppable they're just more difficult to stop using the right strategy you can kill these things easily now when it comes down to a quetzel if a build a box around it the game mechanic should make it so it can't fly not been the player for building it building skirts on platform saddles is a strategy not cheating that is just my personal View I've been out on this game since day one for the Xbox and now I have switched over to PS4 due to differences in community  I also disagree with the fact that I am no longer allowed to build Auto turrets on my platform saddles . One of the things I going to say it was  very disappointing that i couldn't turn a Mosasaurus or Plesiosaurus Into  submarine where I could transport my tribe mates . Don't get me wrong I do enjoy this game quite a bit just sometimes I feel a lot of stuff that goes on his backwards or need slight changes like I believe most people would love to be able to breed an imprint on Griffin's and if not able to breed at least some way of imprinting like stealing babies from the nest also another idea random mutations on creatures that are not readable would be nice like color mutations randomly on wyverns or Stat mutations more to look for. I also believe that the spinosaurus should be stronger than the T-Rex due to the fact the Spinosaurus in fact what's bigger and stronger than the T-Rex in real life according to scientists I understand this is your  game and you guys will do what you want which is fine just remember your your players on the reason you're getting paid so I suggest you do listen to them and their ideas and suggestions I feel aberration and the center server should be updated and fixed from the bugs that they have I feel aberration needs more dinos I feel like there are a lot of things that could be implemented in your game that you have just dropped the ball on or not thought about all I ask is that you listen to your customers/players an attempt to revive this game I'm not let it go down in flames I like to also have that I believe that you should make skins for all the Dinos cuz if I want to put a hat on a Dilophosaurus I should be able to do it . Think about this idea saddle armors four creatures not only could they journeyman Mastercraft ascendant Etc but think about it in a way that you could also implement leather saddle saddle flack saddle modern Kevlar saddle and of course Tek saddles for all dinos I'm pretty sure everyone would love that kind of ideas and expand the game a lot especially if you put in the graphics the different designs at the saddle would look like I'm pretty sure everybody would love to see flack out T-Rex. I know when it comes down to the underwater tames and everything you should be able to have a generator Dome that gives you an air pocket to build in so that you can transport dinosaurs in and out through elevator systems Etc ideas and thoughts take him as you please and me rambling all I really ask is for you to make Ark great again lol

Edited by Masterwaste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×