(XBOX) Gallimimus

IRONBOT

Hi guys, so I've been playing ever since the new update rolled out on my single player server and I found the dung beetle, but haven't had any luck finding the Gallimimus or Dimetrodon, I have cleared the map multiple times excluding Winter biome and still haven't found a single one of these creatures, any tips(maps, specific spawns where you found them, etc.)

Thank you for your time :) 

-IRONBOT

22 minutes ago, MissMalevolentx said:

Hi IRONBOT! I've found several Gallimimus near 'Bronto hill' and down by the main river that goes through the centre of the map. Also I've found the Dimetrodon in the swamp area just near the RED obelisk. Hope that helps. Good luck finding them! :)

-MissMalevolentx 

Thanks :) I will go to the locations tomorrow and btw where is bronto hill?

-IRONBOT xD 

9 hours ago, IRONBOT said:

Hi guys, so I've been playing ever since the new update rolled out on my single player server and I found the dung beetle, but haven't had any luck finding the Gallimimus or Dimetrodon, I have cleared the map multiple times excluding Winter biome and still haven't found a single one of these creatures, any tips(maps, specific spawns where you found them, etc.)

Thank you for your time :) 

-IRONBOT

The only place i spot them is on the plains at roughly 60 40, this is usually where i find a melting pot of mobs and i just cleared that out and came back and three or for had spawned there.

Hope this helps.

The dimetrodon is only in the swamps and very hard to see it, I had to clear swamp areas a few times to spot some. As for the Gallimimus, I've found them on the outskirts of swamps mostly near the south beach area, but also had to do some clearing to get them to spawn. Happy hunting, they are both good additions.

I had a base along the bank of the river just south of the volcano, around [Latitude: 43 | Longitude: 40], and would see Gallimimuses (Gallimimi? Gallimimus?) running around on the beach quite often. Not sure if it's a reliable spawn location, but I know I saw probably 10 along that river during my first play session after the update came out introducing those creatures.

But, FWIW, I have yet to see a single Dung Beetle or Dimetrodon anywhere on the map, so YMMV.

my base is on the westcoast on the beach by the waterfall at 47 18.  if you follow the trench at the top of the hill thats next to the river where the waterfalls going east it is full of gallis.  I usually see 4-5 of them there everytime I walk thru there.  Keep following the trench til you get to the lake and follow the water south towards the entrance to the swamp and theres usually dimetrodons at the edge where the swamp starts.

Archived