extinction reveal News from ARK: Extinction !! (French news)

Supertoto

If you can read the french: Read this French Article

Translation:

"On the occasion of the event, Kock Media for the ARK DAY, we told you about some things that would happen shortly with regard to the next ARK DLC under the name ARK Extinction."

"In mid-June, an event under the theme of archeology will be set up on all platforms. This event will tell you more about the new DLC (Extinction)."

"You will have the chance to see images and gameplay phases of the game also in mid-June." (At the E3 I believe)

"Finally, there will be events all summer regarding Extinction on all platforms and a release date will be announced."

For the Nintendo Switch Version:

"Another news for the fans of Nintendo Switch, we are pleased to say that the game will be available at the next E3 which will also take place mid-June (June 12 to 15)." (A Nintendo Switch Version playable at the E3 I believe)

"We hope you look forward to it like us!"

finally something i was beginning to wonder if they were even working on it or if it was gonna be abandoned like primal survival. cynicism and grumpiness aside i cant wait for these events they speak of to happen. maybe you can even get one of the creatures from the dlc nothing crazy probably the maps equivilant of a dodo or a dilo. but i highly doubt it will be anything that crazy now skins like what happened before aberration i could see that happening.

Rather curious what Extinction will bring. Really hope it won't be a disappointment.

Also curious of the music theme they are going towards. Scorched has the desert themed-like music, and Aberration has the mysterious-feel fantasy music. Really hope its not metal (been noticing some games related to apocalypse utilizing that), because that would seriously ruin my experience.

7 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Rather curious what Extinction will bring. Really hope it won't be a disappointment.

Also curious of the music theme they are going towards. Scorched has the desert themed-like music, and Aberration has the mysterious-feel fantasy music. Really hope its not metal (been noticing some games related to apocalypse utilizing that), because that would seriously ruin my experience.

For the theme, maybe a mix of metal and "Tekky" instruments will be great, but I agree with you I don’t want a fully metal theme too

1 hour ago, Migol said:

Anyone saying it'll be earlier than Christmas at this point is being delusional.    Odds are very good it won't be till 2019.

Maybe they will release it tomorrow? Their greatest dlc they made to date released on arks 3rd birthday? :P

Actually wait... I think I'm delusional too... This is wc we're talking about isn't it... Nvm...

Importante thing: Archeology is "the study of human activity through the recovery and analysis of material culture." (the humans) so in the upcoming acheological event, we will maybe discover how the human race extinct ! 

Not to be confused with the "Paleontology" wich is "is the scientific study of life that existed prior to, and sometimes including, the start of the Holocene Epoch" (the dinosaurs)

22 minutes ago, Cataclisto said:

Maybe they will release it tomorrow? Their greatest dlc they made to date released on arks 3rd birthday? :P

Actually wait... I think I'm delusional too... This is wc we're talking about isn't it... Nvm...

Even if they don't have a reputation of being late, The fact they have never mentioned any progress regarding Extinction means they won't even release it on the birthday anyways.

Just hope they have learn with aberration’s mistakes. 

And to be honest i would love to get a paid map , were premium players (dlc buyers)  could breed  without interference of the free players (non-dlc buyers)  , but on a balanced map instead of SE (hardcore conditions) or aberration ( Dino’s limitations)... cause despite love the interaction with others players ... Premium  players don’t have any privileges in comparison with free players besides some extra skins ( and even those ,  the free players can get them later on a random event ...) 

Maybe extinction solves the problem... maybe 

1 hour ago, Quilleute said:

Just hope they have learn with aberration’s mistakes. 

And to be honest i would love to get a paid map , were premium players (dlc buyers)  could breed  without interference of the free players (non-dlc buyers)  , but on a balanced map instead of SE (hardcore conditions) or aberration ( Dino’s limitations)... cause despite love the interaction with others players ... Premium  players don’t have any privileges in comparison with free players besides some extra skins ( and even those ,  the free players can get them later on a random event ...) 

Maybe extinction solves the problem... maybe 

please dont bring this kind of elitism into ark.

The way I read it, the countdown is for switch release and we’ll be getting mysterious mysteries until it releases in December, 2018, a full year after Ab.

One new expansion map a year is pretty good if that’s what the plan is.

maybe these new dinos come out as a perk to usher in Switch players, maybe they come with extinction.  Didn’t we get months of mysterious mysteries before scorched trailer even dropped?

At any rate... all the silence as of late probably has to do with them focusing on Switch launch.  Will be a nice cash punch for the company to keep the churn fed until Extinction is nearly ready to be released, when it will release anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
39 minutes ago, Zederia said:

They had 2 ports, TWO, on the most common consoles on the market. WHY did they need a mobile and switch port? you realize they needed to buy an iphone and switch dev kit(at minimum), right? more likely they have at least 5-6 switch kits, and that's making the number as low as possible. 450*5-6

Why are you talking about Wildcard spending money on Mobile port when it is Ward Drum Studios that is developing the mobile port?

Archived