What's the point of the leedsichthys?

JokersHarley

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/30/2018 at 12:39 PM, johnm81 said:

The Leeds is pointless and retarded.

It doesnt stop raft spam as the fish stays in stasis if no one is around AND cant get to rafts near the shore. 

The leeds was meant to stop raft spam but fail at that so the devs added a demo timer to rafts but left the fish in. It should be removed.

And for the notion of raft boats were OP is BS. Raft bases were the weakest form of bases. Breach boats bypass base boat turrets. And boat bases are no less immune to environment than a well placed land base.

Delete the fish.

Whoa. Actual logical points. Fish food for thought. Sorry.

On 5/31/2018 at 11:41 PM, JokersHarley said:

Kill it which isn't viable for most people who recently unlocked rafts

Literally killed a Leed with a Raptor on my Raft. 

They aren't scary, or overpowered, just an inconvenience. Get any decent Megalodon or Plesi and you've already beat them. 

A Leed should never be a problem for a competent player, much less a tribe. Get good or get a Quetz and avoid them completely.

9 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Literally killed a Leed with a Raptor on my Raft. 

They aren't scary, or overpowered, just an inconvenience. Get any decent Megalodon or Plesi and you've already beat them. 

A Leed should never be a problem for a competent player, much less a tribe. Get good or get a Quetz and avoid them completely.

An  ill informed opinion right here.

Everything you said is only counters while you are driving your boat around. That is the least of the problems the leeds fish presents for those who want to live on a boat and have a boat base. Being able to have a collection of boats around the map that constitute your spread out 'base' if you will is the issue. You can't use these creatures to defend your boats if you aren't there to manage them. Logging off and coming back to find your boats sunk by the fish is the issue.

And yes, I could put megalodons or plesi on follow to guard the boats and the idiocy of that idea will become very apparent the moment jelly fish meander in proximity. 

21 hours ago, johnm81 said:

idiocy of that idea will become very apparent the moment jelly fish meander in proximity.

Then use a Basilo. It isn't brain science or rocket surgery. Park the creature right under the boat and put it on neutral. If the boat is attacked, the creature will be hit and attack the Leed. Works like a charm. 

1 hour ago, Qwertymine said:

Then use a Basilo. It isn't brain science or rocket surgery. Park the creature right under the boat and put it on neutral. If the boat is attacked, the creature will be hit and attack the Leed. Works like a charm. 

Yes genius move there tell players whose only means of survival is to hide from griefers due to low level and gear that before they can even have a base that wont be wrecked on the daily is to tame a high level bassy with a decent saddle....

Did you even consider the logistics of that bad idea....

:facepalm:

And on top of all that... its not certain that the leeds will break target of the raft to attack the bassy. AND a single bassy will take a looong time to kill a leeds. ANNND if its an alpha leed game over rip bassy rip little hidden boat base. 

This is akin to making corrupted wyverns roam all places on all maps and when players cry out say gg git gud tame a few rexes noob....

On 6/1/2019 at 5:13 PM, johnm81 said:

Yes genius move there tell players whose only means of survival is to hide from griefers due to low level and gear that before they can even have a base that wont be wrecked on the daily is to tame a high level bassy with a decent saddle....

Maybe because this game is difficult? And you can't expect everything to go your way? Maybe because you shouldn't be entirely safe on a little secluded raft, or cling to it as an only means of survival? 

It's a difficult game filled with stuff that's gonna kick you down. The only way to actually beat Ark is to as you so eloquently put it:

On 6/1/2019 at 5:13 PM, johnm81 said:

gg git gud

The Leed is fine as is. 

3 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Maybe because this game is difficult? And you can't expect everything to go your way? Maybe because you shouldn't be entirely safe on a little secluded raft, or cling to it as an only means of survival? 

It's a difficult game filled with stuff that's gonna kick you down. The only way to actually beat Ark is to as you so eloquently put it:

The Leed is fine as is. 

Imagine a survival game forcing you to adapt and survive in your surroundings, absolute madness /s

On 6/2/2019 at 7:06 PM, Qwertymine said:

What an absolutely moronic thing to say. Seriously you must know very little about rafts in this game. Rafts have one thing going for them. And that is mobility. It makes it hard to find. But once found. they are 1000000000% easier to destroy than any land base. In fact land bases are easy to defend compared to a boat. But boats are easy to get and easy to avoid detection. You see that is balanced. Hard to find but once found have almost zero protection.

So you to frame boats as OP or easy mode in this game is an absolute joke and shows how you are in this thread contributing little and knowing even less.

In legacy servers my base sometimes was spawn point for new players and I had a raft inside the base with an structure on top with some unlocked storages full of items for new players, along with a mechanism to leave my base. One day a leed got to close and destroyed it, despite there was a stone wall in between...

I think leeds are ok, just they should have an AI that does not allow them to get too close to the shores. In real world, if an animal of that size gets too close to shore it will have problems to go back to sea.

34 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Because they are OP. I have so many different styles and the PvP designs make them even more OP so yes the Leeds should be able to destroy them with ease but a properly built boat can easily deter them anyway.

How are boat bases OP?! Tell me how is a boat OP for pvp when foundation trapping exists? Can you glitch land bases like this and deactivate all their turrets????

And if you don't know about foundation trapping you need to learn a lot more about boats before continuing...

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

How are boat bases OP?! Tell me how is a boat OP for pvp when foundation trapping exists? Can you glitch land bases like this and deactivate all their turrets????

And if you don't know about foundation trapping you need to learn a lot more about boats before continuing...

I don’t discuss exploits in the forums.

On 6/5/2019 at 7:05 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

I’ll give you one thing: turrets.

Yeah like 2 turrets (if you want a base with stuff as well as turrets).

Boats are cool, Leeds suck!

All the v early posts about OP and pencil rafts and etc. are loooong gone. (OK maybe PVE and raft spamming is still a thing, I ain't PVE in years - theres too much spamming :) ) Rafts now are only good for HIDING and the Leeds removes even that utility. Unless of course you have a swarm of lightning wyverns and several Basilos & etc. & etc. to look after your hidded, low level starter, lemme alone Im too young to die base.

Long live Rag with no evil Moby sausages.

41 minutes ago, Kyosuke said:

are these the ones that show up dead on the shores in rag?

No. Leeds don’t spawn on Ragnarok. These are giant fish that aggro to rafts/motorboats. They only spawn on The Island and The Center, the normal one can destroy a raft in 6 hits and the alpha in 2 but the motorboat is approximately 6x as durable. Also, the alpha can keep up with a motorboat.

Archived