What's the point of the leedsichthys?

JokersHarley

On 5/30/2018 at 4:00 PM, MandaBear said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but its probably not ever leaving the game unless its unofficial. 

I'm going to stop you right there. It seems the rest of your post is built upon a premise that being it hasn't been removed it wont ever be removed/adjusted. The logical fallacy of this statement aside, it is false. There is a map on the official servers that has had its leeds spawn 'adjusted' to almost never spawning to no spawns of this retarded fish.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
42 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

I'm going to stop you right there. It seems the rest of your post is built upon a premise that being it hasn't been removed it wont ever be removed/adjusted. The logical fallacy of this statement aside, it is false. There is a map on the official servers that has had its leeds spawn 'adjusted' to almost never spawning to no spawns of this retarded fish.

74971508-D269-4CE0-8B22-9DFC77A75788.jpeg

On 5/31/2018 at 12:10 AM, stevealicious said:

The game is a survival game and the Leeds fits into that by making the sea seem not so safe. 

Just look up where they spawn on your map and avoid em best you can! I love on Ragnarok they spawn far out away from the shore.

The sea is already not so safe because sharks, mantarays, mossas, eels, sea scorpions, plessio, to a lesser extent baryonyx, and spinos.  Having a raft doesn't bypass all the dangers of the sea because it gives you 0 protection once you're in the water, which is where the resources are.  The leeds simply cock block sea travel, which at the beginning  (remember how early rafts are unlocked) is safer then trying to take low level land dino across the map.  75% of players on in mega tribe and can't grind out high level tames to do everything for them.  It's just the 25% of hardcore players are 90% of the people on the forums, thus screwing up the perspective have how the majority play. Check out any new server before transfers and you'll see only 2 or 3 tribes that actually have the high level tames and breeding factories.   The rest either have a handful of decent to low level tames or no tames and characters built to survive without tames.  Because when you can't be on 24/7 to grind, you'll most definitely get wiped by the people who do play every single day.  I understand that's unavoidable,  but what is avoidable is adding creatures that don't serve a real purpose beyond making the game artificially harder  instead of natural challenges.   It's like shrinking a hitbox instead of making a challenge to overcome.   There's no way to overcome and thus survive a whale sinking your ship unless you

A. Kill it which isn't viable for most people who recently unlocked rafts

B. Go to shallower water (since it's a buggy piece of poop game this only has a 30% success rate)

C. Buff it or remove it (inflict less damage or increase the time between raft assaults)

Guest DJRone89

I’m pretty sure the raft doesn’t have repair timer so you can effectively keep a storage box filled with the resources next to the rudder to repair on the go if you stumble across a Leeds anyway.

13 hours ago, johnm81 said:

lol well maybe so. I'm not the devs at the end of the day and public outcry has changed a few things when it was big enough. However the leeds was not one of those. It was adjusted on Ragnarok due to it over spawning in shallow points of water like they noted in the patch notes at the time. However none of this stops you or anyone else from insinuating that it was for your rallying cause against this "retarded fish" as you and the op love saying. Feel free to join the "revert flyer nerf" advocates. I heard they are getting a lot acomplished last I checked. ?

13 hours ago, JokersHarley said:

The sea is already not so safe because sharks, mantarays, mossas, eels, sea scorpions, plessio, to a lesser extent baryonyx, and spinos.  Having a raft doesn't bypass all the dangers of the sea because it gives you 0 protection once you're in the water, which is where the resources are.  The leeds simply cock block sea travel, which at the beginning  (remember how early rafts are unlocked) is safer then trying to take low level land dino across the map.  75% of players on in mega tribe and can't grind out high level tames to do everything for them.  It's just the 25% of hardcore players are 90% of the people on the forums, thus screwing up the perspective have how the majority play. Check out any new server before transfers and you'll see only 2 or 3 tribes that actually have the high level tames and breeding factories.   The rest either have a handful of decent to low level tames or no tames and characters built to survive without tames.  Because when you can't be on 24/7 to grind, you'll most definitely get wiped by the people who do play every single day.  I understand that's unavoidable,  but what is avoidable is adding creatures that don't serve a real purpose beyond making the game artificially harder  instead of natural challenges.   It's like shrinking a hitbox instead of making a challenge to overcome.   There's no way to overcome and thus survive a whale sinking your ship unless you

A. Kill it which isn't viable for most people who recently unlocked rafts

B. Go to shallower water (since it's a buggy piece of poop game this only has a 30% success rate)

C. Buff it or remove it (inflict less damage or increase the time between raft assaults)

D. Throw a bit of honey in the water when you see one coming, and carry on with your raft life.............

They put in a REALLY EASY way to keep yourself safe from leeds.

And before people say its difficult to get honey. You dont need much and its really not.

Kill a hive (crossbow from a distance the bees cant get to you), loot the honey.

Think it spoils too quick? Your on a boat, if you have power use a fridge, if not use a preserving bin.

Leeds are not an issue for anybody with half a brain.

11 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

I’m pretty sure the raft doesn’t have repair timer so you can effectively keep a storage box filled with the resources next to the rudder to repair on the go if you stumble across a Leeds anyway.

Even if there is no repair timer, the leeds do two quick hits and then boom your raft is destroyed. There's no time between hits to stop and repair your raft

2 hours ago, Saupe said:

D. Throw a bit of honey in the water when you see one coming, and carry on with your raft life.............

They put in a REALLY EASY way to keep yourself safe from leeds.

And before people say its difficult to get honey. You dont need much and its really not.

Kill a hive (crossbow from a distance the bees cant get to you), loot the honey.

Think it spoils too quick? Your on a boat, if you have power use a fridge, if not use a preserving bin.

Leeds are not an issue for anybody with half a brain.

As I've pointed out, two quick hits with no warning and the raft is destroyed. Please. Tell me. When would one have time to go to a fridge or bin, pull out honey, and then throw it in the water?

4 hours ago, MandaBear said:

lol well maybe so.

Glad you see the truth.

4 hours ago, MandaBear said:

Feel free to join the "revert flyer nerf" advocates. I heard they are getting a lot acomplished last I checked. ?

v256.0

* Flyer Nerf (to allow server to recover Stamina when standing on a Flyer, run with ?AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=true)

v256.3
Dino Related:
* Flier Mk 2: Click here to see the changes to fliers! (Partial reversal of flier nerf)

How quickly we forget last year's history....

Oh but of course I'm sure none of that was due to the huge amount of feedback and yes complaints... nope not at all nothing to see here move along people...

• Volunteer Moderator
52 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Glad you see the truth.

v256.0

* Flyer Nerf (to allow server to recover Stamina when standing on a Flyer, run with ?AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=true)

v256.3
Dino Related:
* Flier Mk 2: Click here to see the changes to fliers! (Partial reversal of flier nerf)

How quickly we forget last year's history....

Oh but of course I'm sure none of that was due to the huge amount of feedback and yes complaints... nope not at all nothing to see here move along people...

And none of that is a reverse of the flyer nerf. 

23 hours ago, Equinox713 said:

Yep. Raft bases were op early game. safe from everything and out of the way from bigger tribes. Still, hate that raptoring whale tho. I still think there should be some way to avoid them while still keeping them as a threat. 

Oh no doubt there could be a replacement, but I do think there needs to be something to stop early game rafting. I do hate the fat ass whale :D

14 hours ago, JokersHarley said:

As I've pointed out, two quick hits with no warning and the raft is destroyed. Please. Tell me. When would one have time to go to a fridge or bin, pull out honey, and then throw it in the water?

Ive never been 2 hit on a raft by a leed..........

Do you not watch where your going, look around you whilst travelling etc? i normally get my honey in the water before the leed even attacks. Observation is key to survival in real life aswell as in games.

Having moved over to the centre, after the threat of the legacy server we played on being wiped from history, I could not believe the amount of leeds that were spawning in the, between island waterways, alfas too... We quickly realised the best way to get about was to fly.. I was a raft builder on our island server and it PI**ED me off no end when they added this leviathan to the game, the best part of the game for me at the time was exploring with my raft.. PVP was enough of a challenge so now I play pve, got myself a bunch of spino and hunt those MFKS down as often as I can.

So to the OP I totally understand your frustration, it sucks. Even more so if you're a single player as I was, until I hit the big leagues on PVE Lol........ Chin up, as the song says  "Things can only get better" ;)

14 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

And none of that is a reverse of the flyer nerf. 

14 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

v256.3
Dino Related:

Key word partial reversal. Why are you trying to construct a strawman argument here? The Flier MK2 had all partial reversals on the nerf for all fliers for stamina (second biggest complaint) and health. 

And so, just like the flier nerf, which @MandaBear brought up, the Leeds issue has had some reversals on at least one map. So her point of it hasn't happened yet so asking for it is futility (paraphrased) is just not true.

57 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Key word partial reversal. Why are you trying to construct a strawman argument here? The Flier MK2 had all partial reversals on the nerf for all fliers for stamina (second biggest complaint) and health. 

And so, just like the flier nerf, which @MandaBear brought up, the Leeds issue has had some reversals on at least one map. So her point of it hasn't happened yet so asking for it is futility (paraphrased) is just not true.

The main feature of flier nerf was the clamped flier speed.. which it did. There was no reversal for the flier nerf.

Why dont you stay on topic?

On 6/2/2018 at 6:10 AM, Saupe said:

Ive never been 2 hit on a raft by a leed..........

Do you not watch where your going, look around you whilst travelling etc? i normally get my honey in the water before the leed even attacks. Observation is key to survival in real life aswell as in games.

Yes, I pay attention. Yes, I look. I'm paranoid from losing so many rafts in the beginning when the leeds were first released. But, yes, my rafts are always 2 hit. And yes, before you ask, I keep my always has full hp. I have a tribemate who's almost always swimming under the raft when I run the risk of running into a leed.

Tell me, what platform do you play on? Because, geez, I'd love time before they attack.

But, at the same time, I have had things happen to me that don't happen to anyone else. For example, I was having another tribe help me ko an argy because it wasn't registering my darts or tranqs despite it saying I was hitting the bird, and the moment it ko'd and landed, as I was approaching, the other tribe watched as a pack of hyenas spawned and killed it. They even commented on how they've never seen that happen and how that's bs. But, that's how the game plays for me on xbox.

Guest DJRone89
6 hours ago, JokersHarley said:

Yes, I pay attention. Yes, I look. I'm paranoid from losing so many rafts in the beginning when the leeds were first released. But, yes, my rafts are always 2 hit. And yes, before you ask, I keep my always has full hp. I have a tribemate who's almost always swimming under the raft when I run the risk of running into a leed.

Tell me, what platform do you play on? Because, geez, I'd love time before they attack.

But, at the same time, I have had things happen to me that don't happen to anyone else. For example, I was having another tribe help me ko an argy because it wasn't registering my darts or tranqs despite it saying I was hitting the bird, and the moment it ko'd and landed, as I was approaching, the other tribe watched as a pack of hyenas spawned and killed it. They even commented on how they've never seen that happen and how that's bs. But, that's how the game plays for me on xbox.

You’re making out that alpha Leeds are as common as you say they are just because you lucked out. It’s 6 hits for a raft and 36 hits for a motorboat with only the alpha destroying both types with far less hits.

If you claim that it’s the standard Leeds that does this and not the alpha version, then I’m calling you out on it because it’s been tried and tested as 6 hits for standard version against a raft with the motorboat having 6x more health.

13 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

You’re making out that alpha Leeds are as common as you say they are just because you lucked out. It’s 6 hits for a raft and 36 hits for a motorboat with only the alpha destroying both types with far less hits.

If you claim that it’s the standard Leeds that does this and not the alpha version, then I’m calling you out on it because it’s been tried and tested as 6 hits for standard version against a raft with the motorboat having 6x more health.

It's not the alphas. Just plain old, level 1 leeds. Yes, it happens. I play official PvP on Xbox. Always, and I mean ALWAYS, destroys my rafts in 2 hits. Rafts only have 20,000 hp. I've had multiple people witness the quick 2 hit bs the leeds do. Hardly ever is it an alpha. But when I posted this I had just lost my raft to 2 alphas that spawned in the same spot.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, JokersHarley said:

It's not the alphas. Just plain old, level 1 leeds. Yes, it happens. I play official PvP on Xbox. Always, and I mean ALWAYS, destroys my rafts in 2 hits. Rafts only have 20,000 hp.

Strange that it only happens to you personally

2 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Strange that it only happens to you personally

Edited the last one, but, I'll say it again. My two tribemates have seen it. Happens to them as well. As well as friends watching me play. 

What platform are you saying it take 6 hits on? Because I'll reinstall ark just to record this bs 

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, JokersHarley said:

Edited the last one, but, I'll say it again. My two tribemates have seen it. Happens to them as well. As well as friends watching me play. 

What platform are you saying it take 6 hits on? Because I'll reinstall ark just to record this bs 

Xbox.

I found the 6 hit thing to hold true while settings were on default and verified on YouTube from other people’s findings.

After more testing, I can also confirm that rafts are unaffected by structure resistance multipliers when taking damage from the Leeds.

Only adjusting the Leeds attack damage percentage will affect the damage applied to a raft (only possible on a PC unofficial).

My tests conclude that a Leeds does around 3,500 damage to a raft per hit, and as a raft has 20,000 health as you say, it would take 6 (rounded up from 5.7) hits to destroy it.

Archived