Wyvern egg transferring

Milan456

8 hours ago, Milan456 said:

I'm going to get some fertilized wyvern eggs this evening but I don't know if I Can transfer them from ragnarok/SE to The Island. I searched a recent topic but i can't find that so I maked a new post.

It'll be a pain, but it's possible. As Markdh31788 said, they require Milk in their early stages, so you'll be out for the time of your life if you don't grab like 50 milk before you hatch them. You gotta be prepared first :P

I raised my first wyvern on the island after transferring the egg there

I will probably never do that again, as soon as the wyvern was fully grown, I went to Rag and set up a small base specifically to raise wyverns. Transferring milk is just too much of a pain

Specifically to raise wyverns. Transferring milk is just too much of a pain

Back when I played raising wyverns on island was better than on SE imo as the milk took twice as long to spoil. Nowadays with the stupid "antidupe" (lol) timer I can imagine transferring milk being really retarded as u cant really time when u kill an alpha or knock out a suitable fem. So yea just raise them on SE I suggest.

Also apparently sometimes you can only transfer an egg once.  Last night I tried to bring a poison wyvern egg from Rag to SE where I was established and clicked on the wrong server.  When timer on egg got to 0, it reset to 35 minutes.  Waited it out twice and then handed it off to someone on that server as I wasn't waiting around to see that timer reset again.

yes you can and you can do this for the feeding :

1-put, let say . 50 milk in one of your character´s inventory,

2-upload that character 

3-download that character in the server you have the wyvern and feed  it.

4- upload you character again with the rest of the milk until you need it again, milk spoiling time will reset every time you download the character.

keep in mind that milk or whataver you have in that character´s inventory will be deleted  after 24 hs so always download it before that

5 hours ago, Hiko78 said:

yes you can and you can do this for the feeding :

1-put, let say . 50 milk in one of your character´s inventory,

2-upload that character 

3-download that character in the server you have the wyvern and feed  it.

4- upload you character again with the rest of the milk until you need it again, milk spoiling time will reset every time you download the character.

keep in mind that milk or whataver you have in that character´s inventory will be deleted  after 24 hs so always download it before that

Problem with this method is the potential chance your character will get stuck in a limbo and vanish from the ARK's void forever.

But hey, its your decision, @Milan456.

• 3 months later...

Well.. its not that hard to be honest, cuz when u have the milk in ur inventory and u r ready to transfer, the milk after being transfered have the timer reset, so ez.

What i suggest to u is to build a place 3 x 3 ceiling or whatever, put a bin, salt exc, look for the transfer timer, if it takes still 30 min to transfer, put milk in bin and wait for the timer, dont forget to put milk in ur inventory a few min before timer decrease,  after that ez, u have milk, spawn in ur base, and u feed baby and if u r going to be online, u can put preserving salt in the bin of ur main base on island or whatever so the milk keep staying for 8 hrs in the bin. For experience, i'd rise 20 wyverns per time on island server ^^

2 hours ago, Beerwithzombies said:

I raise on island and milk isn't a issue. Just put salt in your wyvern and it holds for 3 hours. Upload and put in preserve bin and should be good for 4+ hours.

I play on Xbox official

Indeed, preserving salt is the way to go.

That being said, much easier to build a trap on Ragnarok and breeding in a building near that trap.

• 2 months later...

Archived