Morellatops - Replace Oxygen with Water

Frogspoison

Hey all. Aberration introduced the Charge creature mechanic, with which the various charge creatures had their melee, stamina, and oxygen stat replaced with Charge. Whats more, they still retained the ability to drown (Except for the Bulbdog), despite not having a visible oxygen stat.

I would like to suggest that, in the (hopefully) eventual Scorched Earth TLC, the Morellatops gets it's Oxygen stat replaced with Water, so it can store significant amounts of water in its hump - Start the baseline amount of water at 750, along with a 10% growth/lvl, and you can get Morellatops with enough water to continually support a farm!

On top of this, I would like to suggest that the Morellatops can somewhat serve as a mobile water type - One of it's alternative attacks will cause the Morellatops to spit out it's water, refilling any crop plots and possible reservoirs with water. Perhaps even give it a bit more - the Morellatops can douse creates affected by ALL flames with this attack - Oil jars, flame arrows, flame thrower, even Fire Wyverns and the Dragon's breath! (Bring a high-water Morellatops to your Dragon boss fights!)

Sounded good until you got to the whole water attack thing. The Morellatops don't have water tanks they can just spray water out of on command. Maybe a new saddle for around level 60-70 could allow it to do that? Almost like water tanks connected to the hump, with a hose for spraying attached to its head? The whole water attack thing is a good concept, but it would need "balancing" for lack of a better term.

On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 7:51 AM, Qwertymine said:

Sounded good until you got to the whole water attack thing. The Morellatops don't have water tanks they can just spray water out of on command. Maybe a new saddle for around level 60-70 could allow it to do that? Almost like water tanks connected to the hump, with a hose for spraying attached to its head? The whole water attack thing is a good concept, but it would need "balancing" for lack of a better term.

I cant really see how it will be overpowered besides the dragon part. I would love to use it as an alternative to water veins for keeping crops up. Or spray random newbs hah :P 

Archived