So why is this a thing? leedsichthys

What the actual hell is this doing in the game? I just spent 6 hours upgrading a raft, farming tons of stuff and the boat gets 1 shotted by an Alpha leedsichthys on the shore line ? 

is there a reason this was even implemented in the game, kind of screws with anything related to the sea.

This is not the first time i know when they first came out they were everywhere and after getting my 3rd raft destroyed i quit for a few months only just came back 6 hours ago to find nothing has changed and i'm still wasting my f*cking time.

Please tell me there is future plans to stop them from destroying rafts?

46 minutes ago, ango900 said:

nice boosted, and your not gonna have all that including escape tapi to get away in 6 hours, plants take somethin g like 8 hours and he said he started fresh, so i doubt he is even the level required to craft turrets

Steam Official server 73 no mods non boosted i worked hard and earned that oceanbase i know a thing or two about Leeds.

I never claimed he couldve had what i had at the time his raft was destroyed. OP is complaining about leeds. I posted a completely valid defence against them. The other deterent is dropping GiantBeeHoney behind the raft. Stick to the shallows and hug the beaches if you have neither of those options. Maps that have deep waterways inland like the Center are known to have leeds where you wouldnt expect them to be.

55 minutes ago, Phyrist said:

Steam Official server 73 no mods non boosted i worked hard and earned that oceanbase i know a thing or two about Leeds.

I never claimed he couldve had what i had at the time his raft was destroyed. OP is complaining about leeds. I posted a completely valid defence against them. The other deterent is dropping GiantBeeHoney behind the raft. Stick to the shallows and hug the beaches if you have neither of those options. Maps that have deep waterways inland like the Center are known to have leeds where you wouldnt expect them to be.

It’s not a valid defense in his case so why mention it?   It’s not relevant to the OP and it’s misleading to suggest that defense allows rafts to be 25% as useful as they used to be.  The only reliable defense vs Leeds, that doesn’trequire a jump to mid/late game engrams or buildings in inland ponds/rivers  is to not use rafts.  It would be foolish to have any resources of significant values on rafts with Leeds and other rafts glitching into yours. 

With the 2x weekend, I tamed about 7 rexes and 3 Spinos off of Lava island on the center map. Made two rafts hoping I could get them all to near skull island where my base is. I was halfway successful with keeping Leeds in mind, jumping in the water and scouting and then killing off what Leeds I seen with my spino. Halfway my first raft got annihilated by an alpha lead I hadn't seen. 

I truly don't mind the dangers the Leeds present to water travel. However, I do wish the rafts could take more hits, around 9-10, before the rest becomes busted. 

Does anyone know how many hits the metal raft can take before it becomes busted, if even at all since its metal?

Archived