The state of PvP

ToXiN

Let's be honest here. It's terrible.

If you do low level, casual PvP fights the balance is out of control.
If you do big scale PvP fights, it's about soaking (but mostly lag).

Kishko (one of the main official PvP youtubers) just released a video about the state of the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PjFBaw6l2I

This is a good point to start the discussion. Many other official players (who do youtube, and have a voice to reach the community) complained about the state of this game. For months now.
The game has many bugs/glitches, and the balance is non-existent. I personally, seriously think the balance of this game haven't been discussed once, since they made this game.
The item costs, the dino stats, the xp gain and everything else is dire. And it would not take a lot of time to sit down, Wildcard, and make some changes. Not at all. These are all easy fixes if you devote a small amount of time on the balance.

I'm not a PvP player, I mostly play PvE, but whenever I tried to do PvP there was always something on official servers that prevented solo players/ small tribes from doing that. The game is extremely harsh on solo/small tribes, encouraging alpha/mega tribe play style.
To be honest I'm not a fan of Wildcard, I think they are not doing a good job, mostly because they are (has always been) ignoring the community, but I kind of love this game. And I think it has great potential to be even better. But at this state it's just a downhill. And not just for PvP. There are many good suggestions, what to change/add to the game.

And instead Wildcard adds stuff like: Lance, mirror (which only works on SE), camera, Diplo ("with public seats to use as a bus" - what?) - and many other useless dinos, etc and whenever someone suggests a nice addon to the game the answer is: "a mod maker will surely do that, but we are not planning to add this to the game").
Wildcard is probably more focused on the next paid DLC than fixing the main game, but that's just wrong, since there is still so much to do with the vanilla game.

I'm not mainly here to bash the state of PvP, since I'm personally not experienced with the current PvP. But I see an increased number of complaints in the past few months by the biggest youtubers, and by the community as well. And as always, it's being ignored.

1 hour ago, ToXiN said:

Let's be honest here. It's terrible.

If you do low level, casual PvP fights the balance is out of control.
If you do big scale PvP fights, it's about soaking (but mostly lag).

Kishko (one of the main official PvP youtubers) just released a video about the state of the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PjFBaw6l2I

This is a good point to start the discussion. Many other official players (who do youtube, and have a voice to reach the community) complained about the state of this game. For months now.
The game has many bugs/glitches, and the balance is non-existent. I personally, seriously think the balance of this game haven't been discussed once, since they made this game.
The item costs, the dino stats, the xp gain and everything else is dire. And it would not take a lot of time to sit down, Wildcard, and make some changes. Not at all. These are all easy fixes if you devote a small amount of time on the balance.

I'm not a PvP player, I mostly play PvE, but whenever I tried to do PvP there was always something on official servers that prevented solo players/ small tribes from doing that. The game is extremely harsh on solo/small tribes, encouraging alpha/mega tribe play style.
To be honest I'm not a fan of Wildcard, I think they are not doing a good job, mostly because they are (has always been) ignoring the community, but I kind of love this game. And I think it has great potential to be even better. But at this state it's just a downhill. And not just for PvP. There are many good suggestions, what to change/add to the game.

And instead Wildcard adds stuff like: Lance, mirror (which only works on SE), camera, Diplo ("with public seats to use as a bus" - what?) - and many other useless dinos, etc and whenever someone suggests a nice addon to the game the answer is: "a mod maker will surely do that, but we are not planning to add this to the game").
Wildcard is probably more focused on the next paid DLC than fixing the main game, but that's just wrong, since there is still so much to do with the vanilla game.

I'm not mainly here to bash the state of PvP, since I'm personally not experienced with the current PvP. But I see an increased number of complaints in the past few months by the biggest youtubers, and by the community as well. And as always, it's being ignored.

There is no denying the poor state of official pvp in this game. That being said, I personally like the "useless" stuff they add. If they just had raid meta dinos and items it would be boring. Might as well play a Moba or Battle royale.

What makes Ark unique and fun are the extras they add. Sure, you might think they are useless but I had a lot of fun with the diplo bus on official when it released. Mirror? Im going to make one today for my SE play. 

The problem is that you can't balance game around everyone. You can't make game that everyone will like it.

Players from big tribes are saying that farming structures is too easy. Newbies are saying that rates should be higher, lot of people wants to nerf character speed and broken bolas and whips with that speed, but then you have also crybabies who wants it how its.

Own experience about farming:

For example Abberation is broken in current stage. You can farm so much metal and polymer and if you add to it also easy paste from achatinas, you have resources for days.

If you think I overstate how easy is to farm, I must say that we currently have almost 300 achatinas, just to be able to keep with all metal.

6 hours ago, isu said:

The problem is that you can't balance game around everyone. You can't make game that everyone will like it.

Players from big tribes are saying that farming structures is too easy. Newbies are saying that rates should be higher, lot of people wants to nerf character speed and broken bolas and whips with that speed, but then you have also crybabies who wants it how its.

Own experience about farming:

For example Abberation is broken in current stage. You can farm so much metal and polymer and if you add to it also easy paste from achatinas, you have resources for days.

If you think I overstate how easy is to farm, I must say that we currently have almost 300 achatinas, just to be able to keep with all metal.

As i said. Players vs Structures, no PvP

I miss the good old Days at the end of 2015

Guest DJRone89
11 hours ago, d1nk said:

Mirror? Im going to make one today for my SE play. 

Don’t waste your time unless you have a high end PC. I’ve been told it doesn’t work unless you have certain specs.

Certainly doesn’t work on console because I get a lovely nothing on my Xbox One X.

I posted this in the video link as well, but -

Short of them actually piecing the map apart into 10 person tribe claimable static areas and not allowing expansion outside of that, I don't see them making any progress with their current angle of decay via easy to raid structures/long tames that die quickly.

I don't think we're ever going to get the "dream" pvp of non-raiding focused combat without them implementing un-raidable instanced bases: and that's not going to happen as long as people defend the pv-offline-p raiding format.

Permanent-fast-wiping just doesnt play well with grindy progression: at least not without safezones and means for recovery that can't be impacted by other players.

Playing ARK is a rapid progress from "I love how freeform it is" to "I wish there was more structure for multiplayer". Either that or you just join a mega tribe and win, while making the remaining 80% of the server miserable.

Would people give up raiding if it meant a more wild open world and competitive/skirmish non-raid environment?

Archived