Please extend the Evo Event to Tues...

Moonie1

2 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Memorial Day is not a "small holiday". Learn something before you start downplaying the significance of a countries major National holiday that honors the lives of lost soldiers.

Listen bruh. Don't get all patriotic about this. One country does not and will not dictate how wc runs their events. No one gets special treatment. 1 country is celebrating this day, unlike Christmas and Easter of which more or less the rest of the world celebrates. Just take the day to respect the soldiers and leave it at that sir and don't bring it into ark. 

I'm sure @d1nk meant no disrespect but his point still remains. Its not a world recognised holiday.

I'll ask you this...when has wildcard ever hosted an event besides Christmas and Easter, for longer than a weekend? Never as far as I recall. 

If you served your country I personally thank you for your services. 

1 hour ago, Moonie1 said:

Memorial Day is not a "small holiday". Learn something before you start downplaying the significance of a countries major National holiday that honors the lives of lost soldiers.

Things like that are celebrated on different dates in each country, can't keep up with every holiday that every country has

Hey Bruh, i'm not getting patriotic about this. I and many others have plans on Memorial Day to go to the cemeteries in the morning where our loved ones lie to pay our respects, its about LOVE not patriotism. Its called MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND for a reason. Its a 3 day weekend, a major holiday in the United States, the place where Wildcard is, an American business. I bet you that they have the day off as well and it would only make sense for the event to run the breadth of the holiday weekend.

And Dink did mean disrespect. He was intentionally downplaying the significance of the holiday to support his point; Its his M.O.

Wildcard has extended events beyond the weekend multiple times for various reasons. Events that weren't even holiday ones. This is not a special event, so I dont even know why you are bringing up Easter and Christmas. I asked for more time to cover the entire weekend... the three day weekend. A lot of families for over a hundred years spend their Memorial Day morning doing the same thing, spending time at the resting place of family members and friends that we lost in the service of our country and I thought it would be a kind gesture for Wildcard to bump the end time a little further as a result.

I am done bantering with you guys. You dont have the same reverence for the day as others, I understand that and its your choice that I respect. I am not going to chance your stance, you wont change mine. I made my request, im done with this thread. Continue on all you like, thanks for the bumps.

21 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Hey Bruh, i'm not getting patriotic about this. I and many others have plans on Memorial Day to go to the cemeteries in the morning where our loved ones lie to pay our respects, its about LOVE not patriotism. Its called MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND for a reason. Its a 3 day weekend, a major holiday in the United States, the place where Wildcard is, an American business. I bet you that they have the day off as well and it would only make sense for the event to run the breadth of the holiday weekend.

And Dink did mean disrespect. He was intentionally downplaying the significance of the holiday to support his point; Its his M.O.

Wildcard has extended events beyond the weekend multiple times for various reasons. Events that weren't even holiday ones. This is not a special event, so I dont even know why you are bringing up Easter and Christmas. I asked for more time to cover the entire weekend... the three day weekend. A lot of families for over a hundred years spend their Memorial Day morning doing the same thing, spending time at the resting place of family members and friends that we lost in the service of our country and I thought it would be a kind gesture for Wildcard to bump the end time a little further as a result.

I am done bantering with you guys. You dont have the same reverence for the day as others, I understand that and its your choice that I respect. I am not going to chance your stance, you wont change mine. I made my request, im done with this thread. Continue on all you like, thanks for the bumps.

The issue isn't about memorial day not being important, it's about WC not extending EVO events for random holidays that are country specific

Only time events have been extended is when there are technical issues on WC's end and people we robbed of game play due to servers being down. In all honesty you should be thankful they even had an Evo event this weekend. Sorry you can't participate but that is what RL does.. gets in the way of ARK play. 

Hope you have a good holiday!

And WC is owned by Snail Games.. A Chinese company. 

3 hours ago, Moonie1 said:

You realize theres a bunch of other countries right? I dont know every american holiday just as you dont know every Canadian one.. Calm down. You got sidetracked from the topic and made it about patriotism. 

Back on topic, no. They probably wont cater an event to you.

8 hours ago, d1nk said:

Not a holiday here. If they started catering to every small holiday there would be an evo event almost every day.

You are fine, i hope you planned ahead for the weekend

8 hours ago, d1nk said:

Not a holiday here. If they started catering to every small holiday there would be an evo event almost every day.

You are fine, i hope you planned ahead for the weekend

No one gives a raptor where your from and whether it's a holiday there or not lmao. The U.S is where this company found glory, and the U.S is what it owes its allegiance to- and its holidays. Not yours lmao. No one cares about yours >.> sorry mate. 

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Corrigan said:

No one gives a raptor where your from and whether it's a holiday there or not lmao. The U.S is where this company found glory, and the U.S is what it owes its allegiance to- and its holidays. Not yours lmao. No one cares about yours >.> sorry mate. 

Jen is Canadian, Jat is English. The 2 main community managers aren’t even from or live in the US.

Your comments always make me laugh so don’t ever change.

Edit: Remember the uproar when US folk tried to call out Wildcard for making the kings harvest event on mother’s day even though they had no mention of the day on their evo event? This is the exact same poop you ‘Muricans are doing here, you think you are more special than the rest of the playerbase.

Archived