Which surface area is best for drop farming?

xEGxShinobuu

Red Ob? Aren't all the obelisks purple? Anyway, I was wondering this myself. I have a favorite one in the north east, because it's small and easy to traverse. I don't have trouble finding the entrance like I do in the other two areas. Personally, I don't know which is best, they all seem to be pretty good (or bad depending on how you look at it). So, with my experience I'd say that the best is entirely up to what the player prefers. The south west one is the most dangerous one to get to, while the north east is the easiest (and smallest). I know of two entrances to the one in the north west.

If anyone actually has a factual answer, I'd love to see it.

I just visit all three and leave one when it seems that supply crates are no longer dropping, then I move on to the next. Good luck finding that Ascendant Rock Drake saddle! I found one and it's awesome (and extremely expensive to craft).

6 hours ago, GregoPeck said:

Red Ob? Aren't all the obelisks purple? Anyway, I was wondering this myself. I have a favorite one in the north east, because it's small and easy to traverse. I don't have trouble finding the entrance like I do in the other two areas. Personally, I don't know which is best, they all seem to be pretty good (or bad depending on how you look at it). So, with my experience I'd say that the best is entirely up to what the player prefers. The south west one is the most dangerous one to get to, while the north east is the easiest (and smallest). I know of two entrances to the one in the north west.

If anyone actually has a factual answer, I'd love to see it.

I just visit all three and leave one when it seems that supply crates are no longer dropping, then I move on to the next. Good luck finding that Ascendant Rock Drake saddle! I found one and it's awesome (and extremely expensive to craft).

briefly the obs change color, red is the southwest entrance. It works like  U shape when doing drop runs, and plenty of spaces to rest your drake.

15 hours ago, xEGxShinobuu said:

briefly the obs change color, red is the southwest entrance. It works like  U shape when doing drop runs, and plenty of spaces to rest your drake.

I didn't really notice, however that does explain why I hate that ob, because it does have a red light going through it, which makes me think it's a red supply drop. LOL

I'm not sure which area has given me the best loot. I think I've seen red drops in each of them. I got my Ascendant Rock Drake saddle bp from one of them, but can't recall which area I got it in.

I'm playing single player and it seems that drops occur in an area start with about 2 at a time and then tapers off to one and then none for a while,. I wait until it seems there aren't going to be anymore and hit up the next area and then repeat.

On 5/27/2018 at 9:40 PM, xEGxShinobuu said:

Well, I don't really see the "obs changing color". The only proper way to tell the color is through its small, but obvious, beam of light coming down from below the "aberrant" (purple) obelisk.

11 hours ago, fatang said:

Also prefeer the southwest area.

...Thats the Red Obelisk area.

Northwest, the smallest but easiest to navigate also it lookes like it has less kings spawning at the same time. Many times you only fight against one.
You can farm every drop with Spino (if you don't have drake or you are looking for drake saddle). Definitely the easiest surface area to get into since you access it from fertile.

I prefer platform building there and park the spino right on the edge ready to go

Archived