Favorite Base Site

Foxiefyre

I was wondering where people find the ideal spot for a base. 

My husband and I live on the desert side of the red obi below the crystal cave (a ways) in-between the Cliff from red obi and the plateau that is out by the desert. We love this spot and have lived here Legacy and now Official. I know there isn't a ton of wood.. but I donno being so close to the scare and obi is nice. 

My idea base place is the mountain at 30 lat, 43 long. Just a really pretty spot IMO. Probably not the most resource rich part of the map, but I usually don't care about that kind of stuff. Check it out and see if it is to your liking. Take a day or two to observe spawn patterns and get a good grasp of the location, its advantages, and its disadvantages. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:33 PM, Foxiefyre said:

So all the green bases because of being close to the oil?

Pretty much. A lot of people use the oil rich Scorched earth to make gas then use the obelisk to export it to other maps.  Also it is far enough away from the scar that it is unlikely that you will get people dragging wyverns by your base as they flee the scar. Although there is a wyvern that spawns in the area so you still have to be on guard.

yeah true enough....not the first time unchecked development of an area forced out all natural predators. Sad truth is a lot of SE servers are used as holding bins for the dinos of large tribes that play on other servers. It's basically the warehouse district of ARK. As I fly around SE I see dozens of huge bases with hundreds of dinos but I have never actually seen a member of those tribes out in the world or interacting in chat. 

On my private servers i usually start building close to wherever i spawn in first. Makes it a little more challenging when you have to travel around to gather resources and don't have them "at your doorstep". And on scorched the "easy" spawns are actually harder than some of the medium/hard ones since most of them have no metal and no crystals anywhere near :)

On 7/27/2018 at 12:32 AM, Campi said:

On my private servers i usually start building close to wherever i spawn in first. Makes it a little more challenging when you have to travel around to gather resources and don't have them "at your doorstep". And on scorched the "easy" spawns are actually harder than some of the medium/hard ones since most of them have no metal and no crystals anywhere near :)

I find that to be quite true.  If you are still looking for a spot, it’s always good to build up on the giant pillar like things in the center of the canyon. No need to worry about blocking spawns up there. They run all the way down the canyon and are usually next to water. The only drawback is that building on the very top would limit you to flyers only, meaning you would have to build your land Dino pens down on the flat rocks near the base of the pillars. Hope that helps.

Archived