Why change difficulty not allowing new players to advance.

Swaqqer1234

I love all the new updates making things more challenging and bright looking. But it has made the game nearly impossible for any new players to advance. Many people are getting turned off from the game because they get nowhere unless they are part of some huge tribe that already has everything established. It use to not be this way and honestly doesn't make much since to only fix things for the players that have played for years instead of thinking of how to keep new players and bring new players into the game. Too many are quiting because of the difficulty level and not being able to build or keep tames or dying repeatedly only after a few minutes or as they spawn.

Avoid things with sharp teeth and dont tame anything until you have a place to safely store it. Being a lvl 1 "human" amongst prehistoric animals is supposed to be challenging.  Honestly if they dont have the patience to tough it out in the beginning they most certainly dont have the patience for later game content. Ark doesn't give out participation trophies, you have to work hard and be patient for the easy life.

Sponging in to a pack of raptors every time can make people not want to play the game and changing the difficulty on the game has made it to hard to play the game or even advance any more in the game I can see why people are quitting the game. You need to leave the difficulty the way it was so people can get somewhere in the game. 

Have only been playing for a few months, and while I admit the first day or so was sort of frustrating...but geez guys and gals it's a survival game.  It's not going to be jump in and level to 50 in a day.  After playing games that have been nerfed to death I enjoyed (and still enjoy) the challenge of the game.  Now there are only two of us in the tribe, we have a pretty large base in the green and a "garage" that we started out with; we are now building in the Blue and have a fairly large base there as well.  So I say to all new players, dive in, have fun. EXPECT to die...lol....rez, run back and get your stuff...carry on  :D Welcome to ARK !

Thanks guys for your responses. As i had said to begin with, i personally love the new updates, but I've been playing Ark for a while. So i can see how things could be even more difficult for the new-comers especially on a server  where everyones already established and thier only form of fun is griefing beach bobs. I was just simply putting it out there for discussion and to point things out. ?

Archived