I'm actually very impressed with how well this game runs.

Barik

So I tried playing Conan Exiles and Rust on my computer while I wait for new fresh servers. I'm using Intel HD  intergrated graphics. I have to play on lowest graphics cause my laptop sucks. With Ark I can get 30 FPS and the game actually looks decent. But with the other 2 I had to get refunds cause they run at 10-20fps and look TERRIBLE on low graphics compared to Ark on low graphics. Very Impressed with the engine that is able to produce decent graphics and FPS for potato computers compared to the other games on the market. 

• 1 month later...

On 5/25/2018 at 11:05 AM, Samsquanch01 said:

When I read the title I though for sure this was a joke. I like this game but would never say I'm impressed with how it runs lol

On 5/25/2018 at 11:11 AM, avatar45454545 said:

Is the title a joke? This game runs like crap, because the devs are lazy and never took to optimizing it. Game is mostly dead anyway.

It looks like some people didn't read the post...  A discussion topic is more than a title people. 

5 hours ago, NicolausVolentius said:

It looks like some people didn't read the post...  A discussion topic is more than a title people. 

I am not surprised, given the fact that devs has left a lot of holes for bugs to the point some people just blindly read titles like this and assumed they are just stupid enough to support the devs without even reading the whole story.

8 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The game has improved a lot since 2015 when it was quite unstable and loading in to a server would take 10minutes. 

In terms of graphics I hear that it looks nice with everything maxed out but since I play PVP I prefer everything ultra low.

hope so it was early acces :) at that time that sort of things where 'normal'.

i used to use all settings on low because all the crashes, after a while pretty recent i used medium settings and changed some to lower  and my crashes are less dont know how this is possible but crash less now compared to when it was all on low settings. weird...

Well recently downgraded from PC to Xbox cause I took apart my laptop and removed the graphics chip that was soldered to the motherboard... 

Xbox still needs alot of work. Not so much graphic/performance wise but connectivity and random bugs that I never experienced on PC. 

Even though I only have 120 ping on Xbox the rubber banding and lag is MUCH worse than 300+ ping on pc.

Random bugs that Xbox gets that I hadn't experienced with PC include global chat not working, inability to join servers at all, bringing dced. Certain things that work on PC don't on Xbox... A much more frustrating experienced ... Heck even player movement speed feels slower.

Yes, Ark has improved since 2015, but that was expected since it has had 3 years of development since then. This goes for server performance (ping), and for hardware performance (fps) [P.S. I mean all of this on PC,  not console. Ark destroys all consoles hardware wise, and I have saw no performance increases since the game released.] But, the game still feels un-finished fps wise. I think a lot of the fps increases come from new graphics cards coming out, that are more powerful then the previous ones and are able to run the game better. If I would go back and use my GTX 960, I would get around 35-40 fps on medium settings (This is not on the beach like most benchmarks are, which are highly inaccurate). Nowadays on my GTX 960, I get around 55 fps in the same scenarios. I use a GTX 1080 for my card now, and I get around 70 fps constant. Now, this drops by almost half once you get a decent base built, which has been the same since the game came out. The developers have spent NO time fixing the performance issues with the larger bases. Now, I know larger bases should cause more lag, but even with a tree house sized base you will hit around 55 fps with my 1080. If you would go even bigger than that base wise, you would drop even more. I've gotten down to 3 fps when building a base. Not saying fps is the only issue with Ark, because believe me there is probably 100 more issues I could name.

Definitely room for improvement for both PC and console. But coming from someone who played PC to console, console DEFINITELY needs more work than PC.

So much more bugs and connectivity issues. For example yesterday I was inactive for a bit and when I got back on, even though the server was not lagging, I couldn't move because the rubber banding was that bad.

Also if U have settings in Xbox to not show chat everytime someone talks in global, U won't be able to see global after like 20 messages or be able to send global chat at all.

Currently I have this bug where I can't input console commands, I write and press enter but nothing appears.

If WC would just stop being greedy and hire one experienced gaming/network programmer for a year at 80,000 dollars all these issues can be fixed.

I get that WC is a business and they need to make money, and I get why they prioritise pushing new content to keep the player base high but I feel that although they might have only broke even by highering a programmer to fix bugs, they should be doing that.

I'm not sure how much of the games engine is hardcoded (inaccessible code in the UnReal engine) but after all the content gets released will they THAN squash the bugs or will they have made there money and know that it would not be profitable to do?

Alot of people theorise that they are making ARK 2 with an engine they built.  I certainly hope so as this would mean they can fix all bugs due to not being locked down by unmodifieable code. This would explain why they are putting very little resources into fixing the game because building an engine is expensive.

Hopefully WC doesn't let us down an either gets more manpower in improving the bugs, design, network issues and performance or they release Ark 2 with an engine that keeps the AAA feel but has more freedom in what that engine can do.

I doubt they will come out with another game like Ark. I mean, Snail Games tried PixArk and it was a failure, along with Dark and Light. Ever since Snail Games took over, the game has gone down the toilet because they just don't care like they used to. Only experienced people will know what the game felt like back in 2015. The improvements were great and well balanced, and bugs and stupid glitches were being constantly fixed. What has changed now?

Yep I play a lot of games and for as large as Ark is it does run well.  Also play Elder Scrolls Online omg they have never fixed the eternal loading screens.  Played Ylands similar game to ASE and interactions with boats got you sunk.  Plant growth lagged.  Ylands taught me not to log out on boats so I never tried it on Ark.  Do not know if you can log out of ASE while adrift on water.  I can run Ark on my old PC and it looks good. 

smaller_old-n-new-pcs.png

It is not like I have not suffered FATAL ERROR crashes but I was pushing it with letting non-dedicated server people spawn in to many items at once.  Or I was messing with the ini files and not backing up the entire game.  I have learned.

I believe the game has come quite some distance since the beginning in the performance department! When i first got this game, i had to put every graphic on low just for it to not freeze screen stuff. But now i can run everything on High graphics and Aberration looks amazing with it! Especially when you get high on the mushrooms in the red zone and walk around reaper queen hunting :) 

(>^.^)> Flash <(^.^<) 
Tribe: Glowboys 
Servers: NA-PVE-OfficialtheIsland 342, NA-PVE-ScorchedEarth 370, NA-PVE-Ragnarok 81, NA-PVE-Aberration 277

Archived