Linking Steam

IndecentCanuck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, Hyday said:

Yeah would love some help on that too. there is no steam thing in edit profile or in account settings so... da funk?

That is outdated. To link your steam you need to do so by configuring the Steam Integration from the settings page: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/settings/

7 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

That is outdated. To link your steam you need to do so by configuring the Steam Integration from the settings page: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/settings/

I tried that but it does not seem to do anything.  the only option i have is:

&service=48

Steam Integration

• Use my Steam Integration photo as my profile photo

{Update Preferences}

I also tried to click update on the steam cache in steam profile, but it says error. I tried to verify steam ID but it said it was invalid.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Hyday said:

&service=48

Steam Integration

{Update Preferences}

I also tried to click update on the steam cache in steam profile, but it says error. I tried to verify steam ID but it said it was invalid.

I couldn't tell you what is wrong. Submit a Support Ticket to the "Forums and Forums Accounts" department and an administrator should be able to assist you further.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Hyday said:

&service=48

Steam Integration

{Update Preferences}

Edit your profile and put the 17 digit Steam ID in the custom field there, then go back to the Steam tab on your profile and update the cache. Let me know if that works.

5 hours ago, Chris said:

Edit your profile and put the 17 digit Steam ID in the custom field there, then go back to the Steam tab on your profile and update the cache. Let me know if that works.

Thanks for the help, the option was not there when i asked the question, but it showed up. Though even after adding my steam ID it failed to update the cache and said my steam ID was still invalid.  any other suggestions would be great.

I appreciate the help from everyone. wanted to say thanks sooner but looks like you can only make so many posts a day.

• Volunteer Moderator
58 minutes ago, Hyday said:

Thanks for the help, the option was not there when i asked the question, but it showed up. Though even after adding my steam ID it failed to update the cache and said my steam ID was still invalid.  any other suggestions would be great.

Are you sure the value you entered is your steamid64? If you have a custom URL for your steam profile I don't think that would be accepted. You can try to use a tool such as https://steamid.io/ and copy the steamid64 output after looking up your profile.

1 hour ago, Hyday said:

I appreciate the help from everyone. wanted to say thanks sooner but looks like you can only make so many posts a day.

Yes, Early Birds are limited in the amount of content they can post daily. You won't have that limitation once you become part of the Member group after contributing to the community for a little while. :)

• Administrator
22 hours ago, Hyday said:

I found a bug in the new custom profile 'Steam ID' field and fixed it now.

I suggest un-linking your account  then see if you can try adding in the code in the profile field again and try clearing the cache. I took a look at your account and it shows your account as 'linked' but there is no data in there from Steam, so I'm assuming something screwed up when you linked your account.... so yeah, try disabling the link in account settings, then just put your 17 digit Steam ID in that profile field and try again.

It won't be instant as we have a lot of cache on our servers, but it'll eventually update, as long as it says that your Steam ID is valid.

5 hours ago, Chris said:

I found a bug in the new custom profile 'Steam ID' field and fixed it now.

I suggest un-linking your account  then see if you can try adding in the code in the profile field again and try clearing the cache. I took a look at your account and it shows your account as 'linked' but there is no data in there from Steam, so I'm assuming something screwed up when you linked your account.... so yeah, try disabling the link in account settings, then just put your 17 digit Steam ID in that profile field and try again.

It won't be instant as we have a lot of cache on our servers, but it'll eventually update, as long as it says that your Steam ID is valid.

says the ID is valid and cache was updated. I figure it might take a bit to load and show up but everything seems to be working. Thanks alot for all the help!

On 8/28/2018 at 9:08 PM, invincibleqc said:

Are you sure the value you entered is your steamid64? If you have a custom URL for your steam profile I don't think that would be accepted. You can try to use a tool such as https://steamid.io/ and copy the steamid64 output after looking up your profile.

Yes, Early Birds are limited in the amount of content they can post daily. You won't have that limitation once you become part of the Member group after contributing to the community for a little while. :)

Ah i get ya, that makes sense. Well i look forward to being part of this community. Thanks for the help :)

• Chris locked this topic

Archived