Light theme, any news?

2 hours ago, Chris said:

This week I've been too busy with other projects unfortunately, so it'll get done soon.

However, I'm wondering if there is something wrong with your monitor or gamma settings as the dark theme certainly doesn't hurt the eyes. Nor have we had any other reports of that.

Two different laptops, three different PC's, no it's not my "gamma settings or monitors" infact my monitors are properly calibrated as I do photographic work on them and they have to be for that. Not everyone enjoys reading white on black, in fact from experience of running large forums (larger than this in a couple of cases) myself in the past a large number of people find it "painful" including myself. No it's not actual physical pain, just nasty and blinding/blurring and difficult to read. There's a reason books aren't printed white on black...

I'm sure people that like dark themes love this one, I for one don't and there have been several other people commenting the same. Don't get me wrong I'm sure you put a lot of effort into it, which is appreciated but you're certainly never going to please everyone with a single theme that's for sure. There was a perfectly good light theme before that worked very nicely indeed, please bring that back if you don't have time to do another one. My post above was simply asking very politely if there was an update on something you'd said you were going to do that's all. You've been too busy, no  problem that happens, hopefully you'll get round to it sooner rather than later :)

I agree with everything @IanHighlander said. 

I'm reading this forum on my mobile phone only, and it really hurts my eyes, especially if people use a bold font. I can't read those lines. The white text "burns" into my eyes and keeps reappearing when I blink.

When the design was changed, several people complained about it hurting their eyes, but I can't find that topic.

I really, really hope for the light theme to be back soon. I have to look somewhere else for a few seconds every time I read or write something, so I don't get a headache. 

• Administrator
19 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

Two different laptops, three different PC's, no it's not my "gamma settings or monitors" infact my monitors are properly calibrated as I do photographic work on them and they have to be for that. Not everyone enjoys reading white on black, in fact from experience of running large forums (larger than this in a couple of cases) myself in the past a large number of people find it "painful" including myself. No it's not actual physical pain, just nasty and blinding/blurring and difficult to read. There's a reason books aren't printed white on black...

I'm sure people that like dark themes love this one, I for one don't and there have been several other people commenting the same. Don't get me wrong I'm sure you put a lot of effort into it, which is appreciated but you're certainly never going to please everyone with a single theme that's for sure. There was a perfectly good light theme before that worked very nicely indeed, please bring that back if you don't have time to do another one. My post above was simply asking very politely if there was an update on something you'd said you were going to do that's all. You've been too busy, no  problem that happens, hopefully you'll get round to it sooner rather than later :)

Unfortunately our previous theme won't work with the latest version of IPS, due to the large number of custom scripts and completely redesigned modules in the latest major version. I completely understand what you're saying and of course I need to make sure you guys are comfortable using our forum . I'll have it done as soon as possible.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived