Methods of Farming Spino Sails?

What I did to force a easter spino to spawn was I went out on my good spino and ran this circle killing all the fish, the spinos share fish spawns so you get a lot if you do it this way, and by the time you have made the whole circle more stuff has spawned so you can get a decent amount of spinos to spawn. Do it multiple times for more spinos .

spinos.JPG

You know those hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of coel and sabertooth salmon that lags the waterways? Those are taking up Spino spawn points. Kill every last one of them.

When you are looking for a particular dino to tame, do NOT fly around hoping to just find a high level one.

Instead, pick the area the dino spawns in, and just run around in a large circle slaughtering EVERYTHING that isn't your desired tame. Best way to find most high level tames.

There are a few exceptions - Gigas and Quetzals are on their own spawn on the 3 maps. Thylacs are also on their own spawn in the redwood-esque biomes, although do note that on SE and Ragnarok, they share spawns with other desert critters in the desert areas. The Archeopteryx is ALSO on its own spawn in the redwood zones, and like the Thylac, shares spawn with other desert critters in desert biomes. Tuso and Mosa's also both have their own spawn. Finally, note that almost all Alpha's simply have a small chance to replace a spawn of the regular dino, so if you are looking for Alpha Tuso/Mosa's, kill every Tuso/Mosa you come across, and don't worry about killing the other sea critters.

1 minute ago, Migol said:

1000 ingots isn't really that much if you have a good anky+quetz.   15-20 min during x2 harvesting, which is a lot less time than finding a spino on our island server :(

Heh, yeah admittedly I play on Rag where they're like rats all over the place, I can harvest tons on a run through the canyon on a Wyvern :)

1 hour ago, Bug80 said:

If there are a lot of fish in the rivers does that cut down on the Spino spawns?

Yes. Fish, Baryonyx and Spinos share the same spawns. Natural progress on a server usually means people kill them for meat, theyre killed naturally etc and fish spawn and take their place. Do a a big chomp down and check back shortly. You really notice this in Aberration

There's definitely a disparity between The Island and Ragnarok as far as Spinos are concerned, since the patch to increase Spino spawns on Rag it's been a bit OTT to be perfectly honest and they respawn so damn quick you can just do circuits of the canyon. I farmed 23 Spinos in 12 minutes last night on a Wyvern which is ridiculous tbh, but if that's how they're going to have it then I'm going to make the most of it. :D

Just a shame they're not transferrable.

lightning wyvern and run up and down the river near green obi killing all sabertooth, baryx, hespergornis until you hit that Y section in the river that leads to the beaver dams.  Thats where u stop and run back up the river. 

Also bring a lot of pillars cause if people build on this river you might as well switch maps if you want to continue to do the only end game in this game :Jerbcry:

Archived