Proper PvP stat build for Archer/Sniper style gameplay?

Alduroth1984

Hey all, I like to be able to kite and keep my distance, prior to getting in and raiding or getting loot. I was trying to come up with a build that allows me to do these things w/o sacrificing too much of the essential stats.

So I was thinking:

250 Health

150 Stamina

300 Carry Weight

182.5% Movement Speed

20 Fortitude

I would do my best to play on the edge of someones base, or when pvping I would stay back with a composite bow (Fire/metal arrows) and a Fab sniper, I wouldn't stay in one spot and shoot-shoot-shoot, but shoot and move, making sure to try to stay as hidden as possible, ect.

Thoughts, feelings?

My only other ideas on those stats is maybe, lowering fortitude down, for more speed, or lowering speed for 50 more hp.

Any help will be appreciated.

4 hours ago, Alduroth1984 said:

Hey all, I like to be able to kite and keep my distance, prior to getting in and raiding or getting loot. I was trying to come up with a build that allows me to do these things w/o sacrificing too much of the essential stats.

So I was thinking:

250 Health

150 Stamina

300 Carry Weight

182.5% Movement Speed

20 Fortitude

I would do my best to play on the edge of someones base, or when pvping I would stay back with a composite bow (Fire/metal arrows) and a Fab sniper, I wouldn't stay in one spot and shoot-shoot-shoot, but shoot and move, making sure to try to stay as hidden as possible, ect.

Thoughts, feelings?

My only other ideas on those stats is maybe, lowering fortitude down, for more speed, or lowering speed for 50 more hp.

well my raiding character is not mainly built on sniping but my stats are...

Health 400

stamina 200

oxygen 200

weight 400

melee 100

movement speed is 120 something and the rest is in fortitude

11 hours ago, Alduroth1984 said:

So I was thinking:

250 Health

150 Stamina

300 Carry Weight

182.5% Movement Speed

20 Fortitude

Thoughts, feelings?

50 hp is almost nothing, better lower fort and add those to speed or w8 since armour weights more now

The stats you need depend on whether you will be raiding or just going pure guerrilla shooting people and disappearing. It also depends whether you use dinos or are always on foot. If you are raiding you will want more points in weight so you can move the loot around better. I tend to use 2 characters one is pure guerrilla and the other is a more practical raider one.

For my level 130 guerrilla I have mostly movement speed. Shoot and scoot. If you keep to the jungles it is quite hard for even people on flyers to get you. The trick is not getting too greedy. If you kill a guy and his tame from a large tribe you know sooner or later the whole crowd is going to descend on you so its time to disappear.

350 health (25 points)

150 Stamina (5 points)

300 weight (20 points)

220 Movement speed (80 points)

Fortitude: 10 (4 points)

For my raider I have more weight but I keep the movement speed which allows me better odds at getting past base defences and avoiding angry dinos.

350 health (25 points)

150 Stamina (5 points)

430 weight (33 points)

200.5 Movement speed (67 points)

I also have a third character for melee, it is definitely my most fun build. I use him to clean up a base ie kill all the dinos and destroy all the structures inside. He is also good for clubbing and is extremely good at close quarters especially inside bases when fighting. With this melee and the right pike he will one or two hit a lot of players even those in flak. A lot of players don't expect a guy with extreme melee so they will generally happily charge into a room to shoot you and get quite a big surprise. I even killed a guy and his giga once with this build using a bear trap ?

300 Health (30 points)

250 weight (15 points)

550% melee: (85 points)

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The stats you need depend on whether you will be raiding or just going pure guerrilla shooting people and disappearing. It also depends whether you use dinos or are always on foot. If you are raiding you will want more points in weight so you can move the loot around better. I tend to use 2 characters one is pure guerrilla and the other is a more practical raider one.

For my level 130 guerrilla I have mostly movement speed. Shoot and scoot. If you keep to the jungles it is quite hard for even people on flyers to get you. The trick is not getting too greedy. If you kill a guy and his tame from a large tribe you know sooner or later the whole crowd is going to descend on you so its time to disappear.

350 health (25 points)

150 Stamina (5 points)

300 weight (20 points)

220 Movement speed (80 points)

For my raider I have more weight but I keep the movement speed which allows me better odds at getting past base defences and avoiding angry dinos.

350 health (25 points)

150 Stamina (5 points)

430 weight (33 points)

200.5 Movement speed (67 points)

I also have a third character for melee, it is definitely my most fun build. I use him to clean up a base ie kill all the dinos and destroy all the structures inside. He is also good for clubbing and is extremely good at close quarters especially inside bases when fighting. With this melee and the right pike he will one or two hit a lot of players even those in flak. A lot of players don't expect a guy with extreme melee so they will generally happily charge into a room to shoot you and get quite a big surprise. I even killed a guy and his giga once with this build using a bear trap ?

300 Health (30 points)

250 weight (15 points)

550% melee: (85 points)

These numbers are a good reference for me, I'm not going to be able to ascend anytime soon, so builds up to level 100 is what I am after. I imagine myself shooting and scooting mostly, taking out key tames from a distance (Mostly fliers) and then attacking the base. I would stick mostly to raiding smaller to mid sized bases, since I'm solo, and the idea of me actually raiding a fully fortified, turreted to the teeth base, is a bit far fetched.

3 minutes ago, Alduroth1984 said:

These numbers are a good reference for me, I'm not going to be able to ascend anytime soon, so builds up to level 100 is what I am after. I imagine myself shooting and scooting mostly, taking out key tames from a distance (Mostly fliers) and then attacking the base. I would stick mostly to raiding smaller to mid sized bases, since I'm solo, and the idea of me actually raiding a fully fortified, turreted to the teeth base, is a bit far fetched.

High movement speed, lower weight, good stamina, decent health.

Fortitude is a stat that you either invest in significantly (20+ levels), or you shouldn't even bother investing in at all (4 lvls of fortitude has no combat value. You still get diseased. You still poop from the Rex. You still get cold/hot at the same temp. You cannot soak even 1 extra hit from a primitive club with 0% melee)

Movement speed is critical for PvP, period. If you are fast, it's harder to hit you, grab you, melee you, ect.

Stamina to support the speed.

I would ALWAYS keep health under 500, never go above that. You want to be able to eat your pill and suicide out rather then risk being someone's new pet.

Enough weight to support flak, ammo, weaponry, tools without affecting speed (~200, 220). Two types of raiding - Grab n go, in which you take their BPs, kibbles, MAYBE a few ascendent pieces and go, OR crush n burn, in which you foundation wipe them, cage em, and can take ALL the time you want carting off their loot with your carriers, leaving them with nothing.

I

Archived