My current breeding technique - need critics!

davidcostarica

So i wanted to get insight from the pros on my current mutated-creatures breeding technique.

Say you have a male rex (60 points on all levels )full of muts 123000/20 on both sides, you can clean 1 side, mate it with a tamed fem get several eggs hatched at the same time and raise the male that carried all the 60 points stats , now you go to the ancestry list and see 1 side has 0/20 and the on the other side 246000/20

Now you get your new male half clean and mate with many low lvl tamed female rexes and let rng do its thing.

The mutation chance is the same even when the female rex is low lvl.

You will at some point get a baby with 01/20 - 246000/20 and one stat=61

If i am wrong about this mutation hunt technique please let me know although this has been proved effective several times in my tribe with several good muts received very recently.

****This is completely different to the technique of getting clean lvls added to increase stats without muts, I really don't even bother with the clean breeding technique.

6 minutes ago, isu said:

I actually tried technique with clean 1 side (father side) on male and in 4000 eggs I didn't got even 1 mutation. So I don''t think you are increasing your chance if you will use male with clean 1 side.

Just use over mutated Male with clean females and you should be fine. ;)

So you are using a over mutated on both sides male and getting muts? If thats true then awesome, less work to clean out new males.

1 hour ago, davidcostarica said:

So you are using a over mutated on both sides male and getting muts? If thats true then awesome, less work to clean out new males.

I dont even know where that "clean one side" fad came from because all the breeding techniques are known for quite some time now and as long as you breed your mutated male with a herd of clean females - new mutations will happen...

34 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

I dont even know where that "clean one side" fad came from because all the breeding techniques are known for quite some time now and as long as you breed your mutated male with a herd of clean females - new mutations will happen...

Thats what i am doing. And the reason of this posting is to ask for input on my current technique. I need useful critics like this.  thank you darthanyan.

2 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

It came from guy, who wrote this: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Mutations

10 hours ago, isu said:

It came from guy, who wrote this: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Mutations

Well, if breeding pseudocode that was posted on reddit about a year ago to be believed: a parent has a chance to mutate stat ONLY if the SUM of its mutation marks is less than 20.
So trying to clean up one side each breeding session is an exercise in futility.

And i find it more believable than that particular wiki article that has no references to any claims it makes (edit: it does reference that pseudocode after the article but does not use its findings). Its like "we know that there is this source but dont know what it means, so we'll write w/e we want".

Archived