Polymer vs Organic Polymer

Hey all.

Recently i've started to craft lots of tek items and keeping up with regular polymer is a pain. You guys think it's better off to farm penguins with a pelagornis? Loads of organic poly, shove it in the Replicator as a substitute for Poly, this will be saving me a few obsidian runs.. 

Do you guys recommend? Or use organic poly in place of poly often?

use organic whenever you can, and do that with a moschops. but island is island. those icebergs are prime location for a base, both on pvp and pve, so expect to have fewer penguins. i'd personally farm poly on scorched/rag/abomination and then bring it back to island. for example, on standard rates, i can slotcap a moschops of rag within 20-30 min. a slotcap equals to 3000 poly. it's even more ridiculous on abomination where it grown on the ground, literally. seems wildcard have figured out how to please us - metal, poly and element growing on trees (figuratively speaking). though by that standard, i can't imagine what there's left for the next dlc to surpass that. definitely all maps need to be balanced around eachother and maybe have 1 resource advantage over another, not EVERYTHING a teky needs on 1 map...but that's a different rant. 

so yes, organic when you can (recommend a weight wyv build with that). saves metal for whatever else you have planned

12 hours ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

Recently i've started to craft lots of tek items and keeping up with regular polymer is a pain. You guys think it's better off to farm penguins with a pelagornis? Loads of organic poly, shove it in the Replicator as a substitute for Poly, this will be saving me a few obsidian runs.. 

Do you guys recommend? Or use organic poly in place of poly often?

Whatever is more efficient for you, that's all that matters. There is no right answer here.

Do you guys know that you can, even on 1x using official rules, slotcap specific dinos with organic polymer within 5 to 10 minutes? That is, farm solo farm 18k polymer per hour. 

And keep doing this, over and over and over again, indefinitely. It's not an exploit. It's intended game behavior, and you've been told it's doable. 

On 5/31/2018 at 7:42 AM, Cullis said:

Do you guys know that you can, even on 1x using official rules, slotcap specific dinos with organic polymer within 5 to 10 minutes? That is, farm solo farm 18k polymer per hour. 

And keep doing this, over and over and over again, indefinitely. It's not an exploit. It's intended game behavior, and you've been told it's doable. 

Cullis, do you mean moschtops? On what map are you usually farming?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 8:22 AM, MotherOfRaptors said:

Cullis, do you mean moschtops? On what map are you usually farming?

Lol no. Moschops is slow. People use bears or the big apes. 

Don't know if devs have nerfed this yet, but the most poly in Ark can be had on the outskirts of radiation zone in Aberration. Particularly the places which are connected to the irradiated area directly, but aren't irradiated themselves. I think it's by intent, Aberration PvE is a bit more difficult than elsewhere. 

Archived