FORCED MIND WIPE - A PRE-WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE!!!

So as most have already experienced as they jumped onto Ark servers today, whether official or unofficial but everyone has been put through a forced mind wipe to " - Forced One-time mindwipe due to recent balance changes " as the devs have put it. Fine do a forced mind wipe, but a little pre-warning on when you are going to do it would have been nice and common sense to tell players that this will be happening on such a date at such time.

I got on this morning to find that all my stats had been gone and I was back down to level 1 and had no clue what I had actually put in my stats. DEVS A little warning to all lthat it is going to happen is simple respect to those who buy your game and play it. So not impressed when things like this happen without any notice that they will happen. What is next? They force wipe everyones dinos???

And to what changes were our stats forcefully mind wiped to balance out what exactly???

14 minutes ago, MissBumbleberry said:

So everyone pays for the fault that those who can't carry the new heavier flak suits? Easy, simple solution, those who can't carry can easily mind wipe themselves. So why force it upon everyone else??? Not needed merely for those who can't carry the new flak armour!

Because they were already max level without a mindwipe available. 1 per level

Like seriously.. you got a free mind wipe

He is complaining because he doesnt remember where he put his points or went out and died without realize it. However should be very first thing you check. Log in open inv see your level 1 with level ups. Place points and go about your day. Only thing I disliked was not knowing like a week ago so I could have done some crazy stats for fun and got the free wipe. Maybe it was known a while ago, I just didnt know.

Guest DJRone89

I don’t understand how people can have an account on the community forums and still be oblivious to the news section.

If you thought to make your account after said incident just to complain, then why didn’t you use that same effort to keep up to date with the latest Ark news.

Chess, not checkers.

Did it sound like I wanted or needed a mind wipe in the first place??? And secondly you say it was in the patch notes which always release when the update hits...well this update hit when I was sleeping. I don't live in the USA or the EU like most players. So yes, for some there was no warning this was going to happen. Some heads up would have been nice not five mins before hand. And really you expect everyone to remember their stats off hand??? LOL you all make me laugh. I merely pointed out that a heads up would have been nice.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, MissBumbleberry said:

Did it sound like I wanted or needed a mind wipe in the first place??? And secondly you say it was in the patch notes which always release when the update hits...well this update hit when I was sleeping. I don't live in the USA or the EU like most players. So yes, for some there was no warning this was going to happen. Some heads up would have been nice not five mins before hand. And really you expect everyone to remember their stats off hand??? LOL you all make me laugh. I merely pointed out that a heads up would have been nice.

On the very front page of the Official ARK Website (this website) where the news articles are you will have seen Crunch 132 that was posted on Monday this week, plenty of notice, that there was going to be a mindwipe this week and for the reason it was required. https://survivetheark.com/

So there was advanced notice given, it was in the news section of the site. That advanced news which came on Monday gave me the opportunity to inform my private server that it was coming and that if people needed to they should screenshot their stats incase they forget what points they've put into their stats.

So yeah you may have pointed out a heads up would have been nice, but there was a heads up, right in the news section where all ARK news is posted.

49 minutes ago, GP said:

On the very front page of the Official ARK Website (this website) where the news articles are you will have seen Crunch 132 that was posted on Monday this week, plenty of notice, that there was going to be a mindwipe this week and for the reason it was required. https://survivetheark.com/

So there was advanced notice given, it was in the news section of the site. That advanced news which came on Monday gave me the opportunity to inform my private server that it was coming and that if people needed to they should screenshot their stats incase they forget what points they've put into their stats.

So yeah you may have pointed out a heads up would have been nice, but there was a heads up, right in the news section where all ARK news is posted.

In before he claims it wasn't in the ingame announcements/news.

22 hours ago, d1nk said:

Because they were already max level without a mindwipe available. 1 per level

Like seriously.. you got a free mind wipe

yea since im level 100 i have to make alternate accounts in order to get certain engrams or a crafting character. this is a blessing due to the fact that im not planning on doing an ascension so im stuck with no more mindwipes

• GP locked this topic

Archived