Can't Build Anywhere!

oakleyst

Hello,

If you just starting out I recomend a low player PvE server like the Island map, look for ping below 50. Then find a spot to build even out in the water. Remember auto decay is 7 days, meaning you need to play at all your map locarions once atleast every seven days. First thing you do is to activate and name your tribe.

Good luck. And as you play try to trade for mutated eggs as so much player time goes into mutations.

Regards,

Ariana 

Every PVE sever I've been on is either spammed with columns or we lag so bad that we're drowning and we have no clue.

We were on PVPVE but there were 2 tribes that continually raided us exploding all of our buildings and killing every dino we tamed.

This has us on the verge of no longer playing, we've put in almost 200 hours game time. :(

On 5/26/2018 at 7:51 PM, HiImZech said:

play on legacy we hardly have those issues :3

Great value for the topic really . . .

On topic: I'm quite sure there are spots left to build. Iv'e never seen a server before that is completely claimed. You just gotta let go of the "perfect" spots. And I'd advise to get a small temporary base, tame a flier and scout the map with that. You'll definetly find a decent spot :P.

On 6/1/2018 at 8:34 AM, False321Angel said:

Every PVE sever I've been on is either spammed with columns or we lag so bad that we're drowning and we have no clue.

We were on PVPVE but there were 2 tribes that continually raided us exploding all of our buildings and killing every dino we tamed.

This has us on the verge of no longer playing, we've put in almost 200 hours game time. :(

Come play with us, none of that happens on our server.

On 5/22/2018 at 9:18 PM, oakleyst said:

I just got the game yesterday for my XBox One, and went on several different servers, but each time I try to build something, it says I can't because I'm too close to another player's base. Are there any servers that have room for someone just starting out?

Are you in America or Europe? I play on an EU Xbox official Island server. Most official PvE servers have mega bases built near the easy spawn zones as folk prefer the easy life and choose to not build in-land. PM me if you want, and I'll hook you up with a care package in a reasonable area on our server if you like.

On 6/2/2018 at 3:26 AM, Avengtank said:

Official PVE servers especially ragnarock and island is being pillared all around and so we get so less place to build our bases. Even i find in SE that most of the spots near the oasis is pillared resulting in less spots to build. I hope admins should do something about this :(

This does not describe my official Ragnarok server nor a friends that i visit frequently. It only applies to the land in the immediate area of spawn zones because hundreds of other players already got the idea of trying to build something there. Expecting land in a spawn zone just shows how entitled a mindset can possibly be.

Aside from spawn regions, don't expect to be able to build blocking major routes of travel, the large ramps down into the canyon on Ragnarok, on top of metal/crystal/obsidian/beaver dams/griffin spawns, or right up on another players base.

There are two primary ways to build a base on a PVE server. You can either wall over a large area to isolate yourself and have nice ugly behe gate walls, with the trade off of safety. Or you can have an more open base layout where you don't have the walls, yet pillar the area where you would normally have built walls. People always complain about the latter, but not the former which is stupid since the latter allows other players to travel through the area, tame dinos, and not have to deal with walking around big ugly walls. Noobs don't understand these concepts and immediately complain and report you to a GM.

On 6/4/2018 at 3:10 AM, Bruvas78 said:

Are you in America or Europe? I play on an EU Xbox official Island server. Most official PvE servers have mega bases built near the easy spawn zones as folk prefer the easy life and choose to not build in-land. PM me if you want, and I'll hook you up with a care package in a reasonable area on our server if you like.

I built as far as i possibly could from any spawn zone so i didn't have to deal with people complaining about how they can't build in the spawn zones, or building thatch shacks on my doorstep.

30 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

I built as far as i possibly could from any spawn zone so i didn't have to deal with people complaining about how they can't build in the spawn zones, or building thatch shacks on my doorstep.

+1 for this. We started on the beach with a thatch hut, but when we got flyers we migrated inland. There's much better areas to build, and you have better access to more resource.

I toss newbies a Petra and some crap gear and wish em luck finding a spot. I got enough birds and stuff that if it means no super close neighbors and I make a buddy, that's a win win! If people were nice and shared more like this, and with things like kibble, the game would lag less (less kibble farms) and more people would have fun and be protected from griefing. 

Archived