Community Crunch 132: Upcoming Mindwipe, Paris ARK Event, & Community Livestream #2!

Jen

I would like to add to some good points that I have seen in the comments, starting with the mindwipe usage.  I have to agree with allowing the tonic to not be used multiple times when max level is achieved, it is pretty unfair to players who have reached this accomplishment.  The next thing to address is the pillaring.  Look as a pre-release player I can not tell you how many times that new potential players come into a server that has been maintained by the "natives" so to speak and build on spawns, on top of people's bases, spam building pieces over extensive ares of a map and then leave, but in the meantime before they do the people who have taken the time to maintain a server for the good of the server, and keep the game fun for everyone, have to deal with this complete lack of consideration by new players.  It's no wonder why veteran's have such an attitude to new players, we've seen and been through it all with new players and there comes a point when we have had enough. 

In regards to the flyer nerf, yeah this one is on you WildCard.  You just happened to bring the flyer nerf and just as Ragnarok was in the final weeks of development, which was a massive let down for 90% of the ARK community.  You hit us with the flyer nerf because, let's just say it, people not using their heads and then you release the largest map to date, and causing the community to ask why and send not very nice comments to you on this forum.  Most of us understand why the nerf was enacted.  Yes a quetz with 300% movement is a little excessive, but for the love of all things holy kicking us in the jewels with a 136% movement when you have maps like The Center and Ragnarok?  Someone didn't think ahead on that one.  As far as the reasoning behind  the nerf it's very sensible, but you could have at least given us 150% or 160% movement on birds, or have it so movement can be leveled but capped at a certain percent?  Maybe?  

There also needs to be separated rules for the game modes of pve and pvp.  This goes back awhile and there's a lot of people who weren't playing at this stage of the game, but an example is battle animals which were very handy in pve.  No one ever thought that animals with Plant Species X plants on a platform or turrets was used for an entirely different purpose on pve than on pvp?  We used them to tame, to help protect our bases and much more benevolent uses.  Very very very rarely was a "battle" animal used to destroy another player's base, and it could only be used in a war anyway.  Now in pvp I can perfectly understand why they were removed, and i would have to agree with that decision to remove that capability from that game mode.  I mean you guys have it set so you can pick up wild dinos in pvp but you can't in pve???  Then why can't pve get our battle animals back?  I'm sure i'm not alone but I can't count how many times I was taming in a somewhat dangerous area of the map and wish i had a quetz with 20 plants on it's back to watch mine.  It's pve, player versus environment, well if that"s the case then we should be able to protect our potential tames like we do our bases.  If we can't have animals with that kind of protection ability then why can we build gates around our bases?  Why can we have turrets and PSX around our bases? 

Another idea i would like to address is the evolution events. Again as a pre-release player I remember the days that of taming 3 animals took up literally your whole real world day and I have to say that I want to thank you guys for first enacting the original constant 2x, and thank you for giving us the evolution events.  Yes it is no secret that a lot of us wait until weekends to go tame animals, to go on resource runs and everything else we go do because of the boosted settings, but in the same respect a lot of us have jobs, families, tasks to complete around our homes and in personal lives and are not able to spend everyday all day on this game, regardless how much we would love to.  I do like the ideas of different events, as most on my current crossplay server do as well. but there needs to be some actual thought put into switching up the events.  The King's Harvest event, THANK GOD you guys didn't go through with that!  I can only speak for myself but our fridges were already full of crops so all the extra crops that would have grown would have gone to waste.  The breeding events, i understand why those are so few and far between and that is due to server caps, but it would be nice to have one say once a month or once every couple of months, please?  An idea for other events, and this is just ideas not to be followed to the letter, say half materials building, or 1.5 egg production, or maybe a increased supply drop/loot crate quality, or maybe double element collection from boss fights.  Maybe something along the lines (and i haven't quite worked this out as far as how it would work) of a spring cleaning event where players can go into a special arena with tames they don't want or need anymore and it can be like an all out brawl and the last say 10 players stand get some sort of trophy or specialty item that is hard to obtain, but be something like a demolation derby.  Whatever animal/s go in don't come back out.  You guys did amazing with the arenas, bumpy start but definitely a fun time after the bugs are worked out, maybe something along those type of lines.

You guys have come leaps and bounds from when even i started playing and there's players that pre-date me, and it does seem like because we were the guinea pigs in your pre-release experiment that we kind of caught the shaft in a lot of areas and quite a few that things that made the game even more fun were taken away.  I think i can speak for just about everyone in that this game is a lot of fun, we enjoy playing with MOST of the people who are in our servers and take the good with the bad.  It's your game Wildcard, you choose what you want to do but to not listen to your player base and to do things that make a lot of us question whether you're playing your own game, that's not a good thing.  I know it's a book and I apologize for that but these are just some things that i think about, and that i'm sure others have too.  I want to say thank you for the things everyone at Wildcard has done FOR us, and hopefully the stuff that kind of screws us gets less and less.  Thanks for reading and hopefully some things i've brought up have hit the mark.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 11:33 AM, GP said:

This would be nothing to do with the way the server was set up, it would need a brand new map that has all the maps combined. I can see why it would be good, but I think you are barking up the wrong tree really.

Yeah you’re right but I was just commenting to see if the guys from wildcard see it

On 5/24/2018 at 7:22 PM, ccz2887 said:

I would like to add to some good points that I have seen in the comments, starting with the mindwipe usage.  I have to agree with allowing the tonic to not be used multiple times when max level is achieved, it is pretty unfair to players who have reached this accomplishment.  The next thing to address is the pillaring.  Look as a pre-release player I can not tell you how many times that new potential players come into a server that has been maintained by the "natives" so to speak and build on spawns, on top of people's bases, spam building pieces over extensive ares of a map and then leave, but in the meantime before they do the people who have taken the time to maintain a server for the good of the server, and keep the game fun for everyone, have to deal with this complete lack of consideration by new players.  It's no wonder why veteran's have such an attitude to new players, we've seen and been through it all with new players and there comes a point when we have had enough. 

In regards to the flyer nerf, yeah this one is on you WildCard.  You just happened to bring the flyer nerf and just as Ragnarok was in the final weeks of development, which was a massive let down for 90% of the ARK community.  You hit us with the flyer nerf because, let's just say it, people not using their heads and then you release the largest map to date, and causing the community to ask why and send not very nice comments to you on this forum.  Most of us understand why the nerf was enacted.  Yes a quetz with 300% movement is a little excessive, but for the love of all things holy kicking us in the jewels with a 136% movement when you have maps like The Center and Ragnarok?  Someone didn't think ahead on that one.  As far as the reasoning behind  the nerf it's very sensible, but you could have at least given us 150% or 160% movement on birds, or have it so movement can be leveled but capped at a certain percent?  Maybe?  

There also needs to be separated rules for the game modes of pve and pvp.  This goes back awhile and there's a lot of people who weren't playing at this stage of the game, but an example is battle animals which were very handy in pve.  No one ever thought that animals with Plant Species X plants on a platform or turrets was used for an entirely different purpose on pve than on pvp?  We used them to tame, to help protect our bases and much more benevolent uses.  Very very very rarely was a "battle" animal used to destroy another player's base, and it could only be used in a war anyway.  Now in pvp I can perfectly understand why they were removed, and i would have to agree with that decision to remove that capability from that game mode.  I mean you guys have it set so you can pick up wild dinos in pvp but you can't in pve???  Then why can't pve get our battle animals back?  I'm sure i'm not alone but I can't count how many times I was taming in a somewhat dangerous area of the map and wish i had a quetz with 20 plants on it's back to watch mine.  It's pve, player versus environment, well if that"s the case then we should be able to protect our potential tames like we do our bases.  If we can't have animals with that kind of protection ability then why can we build gates around our bases?  Why can we have turrets and PSX around our bases? 

Another idea i would like to address is the evolution events. Again as a pre-release player I remember the days that of taming 3 animals took up literally your whole real world day and I have to say that I want to thank you guys for first enacting the original constant 2x, and thank you for giving us the evolution events.  Yes it is no secret that a lot of us wait until weekends to go tame animals, to go on resource runs and everything else we go do because of the boosted settings, but in the same respect a lot of us have jobs, families, tasks to complete around our homes and in personal lives and are not able to spend everyday all day on this game, regardless how much we would love to.  I do like the ideas of different events, as most on my current crossplay server do as well. but there needs to be some actual thought put into switching up the events.  The King's Harvest event, THANK GOD you guys didn't go through with that!  I can only speak for myself but our fridges were already full of crops so all the extra crops that would have grown would have gone to waste.  The breeding events, i understand why those are so few and far between and that is due to server caps, but it would be nice to have one say once a month or once every couple of months, please?  An idea for other events, and this is just ideas not to be followed to the letter, say half materials building, or 1.5 egg production, or maybe a increased supply drop/loot crate quality, or maybe double element collection from boss fights.  Maybe something along the lines (and i haven't quite worked this out as far as how it would work) of a spring cleaning event where players can go into a special arena with tames they don't want or need anymore and it can be like an all out brawl and the last say 10 players stand get some sort of trophy or specialty item that is hard to obtain, but be something like a demolation derby.  Whatever animal/s go in don't come back out.  You guys did amazing with the arenas, bumpy start but definitely a fun time after the bugs are worked out, maybe something along those type of lines.

You guys have come leaps and bounds from when even i started playing and there's players that pre-date me, and it does seem like because we were the guinea pigs in your pre-release experiment that we kind of caught the shaft in a lot of areas and quite a few that things that made the game even more fun were taken away.  I think i can speak for just about everyone in that this game is a lot of fun, we enjoy playing with MOST of the people who are in our servers and take the good with the bad.  It's your game Wildcard, you choose what you want to do but to not listen to your player base and to do things that make a lot of us question whether you're playing your own game, that's not a good thing.  I know it's a book and I apologize for that but these are just some things that i think about, and that i'm sure others have too.  I want to say thank you for the things everyone at Wildcard has done FOR us, and hopefully the stuff that kind of screws us gets less and less.  Thanks for reading and hopefully some things i've brought up have hit the mark.

Agree please see this ark

Not another forced mindwipe... Every time there is one I get stuck with every login having to redistribute my characters points. It is a huge PITA. Why not just make it an option instead of forcing it on people who don't want it? If the game worked right it wouldn't be an issue. If this bug was going to be looked into and fixed it wouldn't be so much of an issue. But because this seems to be happening on single player it does not matter to WC. 

• 2 weeks later...