Community Crunch 132: Upcoming Mindwipe, Paris ARK Event, & Community Livestream #2!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

Will all news (DLC, TLC, updates and trailers...) still be announced on this site like it was or will we be forced to watch the stream on twitch to know the important news ? 

I don't care about pictures, videos and other fan-made conquests, just want to know where to find news about DLCs and Updates... 

The news, when it happens will be posted on the forums as well, either in Crunches or Patches. It won't be contained to just the streams.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GP said:

It is not Extinction, it is Aberration. The latest DLC is Aberration, because the Extinction would only be "the latest" if it was released.

It's a situation of "lost in translation" unfortunately.

The translation isn't wrong, the only problem is that this sentence can already mean different possibilities. 

The avant-première (aka early access/exclusivity) is probably about Pixark (first reference in the list) but could be about new DLC (extinction) and new content for Ark Park too. But less likely as they are further in the list... Wait ans see. 

I think it's time to make a separate branch of the servers, which will have high rates on an ongoing basis. I'm talking about 10-15 servers in a cluster that are isolated from the main set of servers on which there will be a constant x3 without wipes.

t really is necessary for people who do not have so much time to play x1

With the limited time and the work that is put if I think the player should keep what they have during these events at the end or perhaps gain some kind of bonus on their normal servers? What about collaborative events where you turn in resources to unlock more content, I'm thinking like the AQ wow event.  Learn from what went wrong for that event, but it should work with the number of player restrictions could help per server.

• Volunteer Moderator
49 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

The translation isn't wrong, the only problem is that this sentence can already mean different possibilities. 

The avant-première (aka early access/exclusivity) is probably about Pixark (first reference in the list) but could be about new DLC (extinction) and new content for Ark Park too. But less likely as they are further in the list... Wait ans see. 

When people say "lost in translation" they don't necessarily mean the literal translating of foreign language. The fact that a sentence can mean different things based on a single word, in this case "latest" that is a lost in translation scenario.

I can guarantee you 100% it means Aberration. It has already been confirmed by Jat when someone asked on Reddit yesterday.

Edited by GP

11 weeks of the crunch since the last TLC pass and still no trailer for Extinction? I mean, I can understand if Spring was too early of an estimate but it's almost summer and we haven't heard anything. One could argue that bug fixes are more important and while I agree, those fixes were promised to take the spot of the TLC focus and the fixes we've gotten so far have been really underwhelming.

Edited by Rahthos

Honestly I'm fine with Extinction being a good ways out, Aberration just released not too long ago.

One thing that I'd like to see on these crunches though is a short "what we're working on now" sort of list.   Obviously not info about extinction secret creature or such, but simple stuff like "we're about half done with a fix for the otter babies starving the second they're born."    Or "structure + is still being worked on, it's a huge undertaking but we haven't given up bring it to official".      Etc etc

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GP said:

When people say "lost in translation" they don't necessarily mean the literal translating of foreign language. The fact that a sentence can mean different things based on a single word, in this case "latest" that is a lost in translation scenario.

I can guarantee you 100% it means Aberration. It has already been confirmed by Jat when someone asked on Reddit yesterday.

Yes probably and the early access thing is Pixark no ? 

17 hours ago, kylclrk said:

Can you not just use the Mindwipe Tonic? 

Mindwipe has been changed to only be usable once per level. Means once you reach max level (100) you need to ascend to use another one, once you reach MAX max level (including all ascensions) you can use one more mindwipe and that's it.

I really do think that there should be a change to that. I'm on PvE and the majority of tribes are small ones with 3 players or less, most without a crafting char / additional account. In addition to one MW per level, one MW per week (for the high/max level players) would be great :)

• Volunteer Moderator
13 hours ago, Shadlos said:

Am I the only one who's noted the only mods they've bothered to "review" on these biweekly streams so far are sponsored mods?

Like, if you already enjoy them enough and think that they are good enough to become sponsored,

Why "review" them?

They aren't reviewing them, they are showcasing them, there's a big difference.