Community Crunch 132: Upcoming Mindwipe, Paris ARK Event, & Community Livestream #2!

Jen

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Upcoming Mindwipe!

PC player will receive a free forced mindwipe this upcoming patch. This mindwipe is being conducted due to changes that were made in our last patch regarding the altering of weight values of armor. In the interest of fairness we would like to allow players to redo their characters to compensate for the altered weights of these armor sets. 

This free mindwipe will come to console in the patch that correlates with these weight changes, which will be mentioned in the respective console patch notes threads at that time. 

Xbox Sale!

large.gamefest.jpg.3152a11a0bb499137e498

ARK and its expansions are currently on sale on Xbox during the ID@Xbox Game Fest sale! Sale ends today, May 21st, 2018.

ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Explorer's Edition

ARK: Season Pass

ARK: Scorched Earth

ARK: Aberration

KochMedia France ARK Day!

KochMedia is hosting a private ARK-themed community event in Paris. The ARK Day event will be taking place on Thursday, May 24th from 6 pm to 10 pm and they'll be giving away 10 tickets for lucky ARK fans. Lead Community Manager and Associate Producer Jat will be present at the event alongside influencers and Koch to greet ARK fans.

If you're in the area and are interested in attending, reply to the tweet below with your reason on why you'd like to attend and KochMedia will be picking their favourites to receive an invite to the event, though you will need to arrange your own travel and accommodation!

Community Livestream #2 This Week!

survivetheark-live-stream.jpg

This Thursday May 25th and continuing every other week on Thursdays, the community team will be doing our second biweekly livestream.

During these livestreams Zen Rowe, Chris, and Jen will be bringing you ARK news, celebrating modding, and the community as a whole every other week. We'll be playing ARK, showing off mods, and showing off your community creations for all to see. Survivors are invited to join us in the chat (and sometimes even in-game) to play and talk with the community team and other developers.

This week we will be reviewing ARK mod Saddle Emporium and ARK map Crystal Isles!

1743917488_submit_fan_creation(1).jpg

We are still accepting any type of ARK related fanart to be featured in the Showcase section of the stream and entries are always open. This can be drawings, videos, builds, ANSEL screenshots, handmade crafts, anything ARK related!

You can submit your ARKwork to our streaming email address: arkfans@studiowildcard.com

Be sure to follow us on our Twitch page so you don't miss a stream! twitch.tv/survivetheark

The Great Migration #3!

large.594ef828430a1_F1r3fly-MigratingtoR

In case you missed our new post last week, be sure it check out it for all of the information regarding some legacy servers being removed:

Upcoming Speciality Servers!

large.5acbd44f7cce6_BlueDragon-BulbdogsP

Beginning in June we plan to begin launching Speciality servers. Speciality servers are alternate game modes for ARK that last for a short period of time. Each new theme will bring on a new set of challenges different from that of servers currently available. Commonly a speciality server will last for a period of 60 days, and a new type will be released each month on all platforms. Modes may return for multiple months if players enjoy them.

If you have a game mode that you think would be fun to play, be sure to leave your comment in the thread. Changes will revolve around edits that can be made to the existing config. These types of changes can include many things like: tribe/alliance size, anything related to dino stats and taming, server rates, etc.

ARK: Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from the 25th of May at 1 PM EST until Tuesday the 29th at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rate
2x Taming Rate
2x EXP Rate

That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

:Jerblove:

View full article

booo slow ark news! wheres some good stuff not just pc highlights! bi weekly livestreams are becoming just that a pc masterace show! get aaron longstaff showing how to build on console, heck even jayex23 talking about pvp give us more then just fluff! also when will console get all te weekly pc updates that have been happening? still have no roadmap not giving ark players real info what they want or need!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Can it be recommended that mindwipes get a weekly cool down timer.  There are times I like to taylor my stats to the situation such as running a cave.  Please consider this, or maybe if someone ascends and obtains the max level they should rewarded with the mindwipe to be used as frequent as possible.

• Like 2

Hi Jen, What i think needs to be addressed and that could save ark from its downward path. First i would like to say i love you guys at wildcard and enjoy playing ark survival evolved.

1. Bugs... recently there has been alot of bugs that cause the game to kick us out of the servers. Lag is another issue that causes frustrations from normal play. 

2. Player Tribe Limitations... This should be implemented to reduce lag and dino cap frustrations and could bring new players to the pvp side of the game. This also can bring more revenue to ark because it would allow new players to enjoy all the game has to offer. 

3. Flyer Nerf decrease... I love the dossiers and the story behind them but i feel the flyer nerf made thousands of players rethink about hunting eggs and escaping with them. I feel you guys should all come together and come up with a real nice way for us to be able to get eggs. This was a real draw back within the community and if we were able to increase our flyers speed some how you would strike gold and draw more players and revenue back to ark.

4. The last thing i feel need to be addressed is the Pillering. People place pillers all over pve maps preventing new players from building and this issue trully is evil and heartless. I think you guys should allow pillers to be built only close to a base that is built by the piller user. That way new players can enjoy the beauty that ark has to offer. 

Edited by djoanus1
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, SeabreezeFamily said:

Can it be recommended that mindwipes get a weekly cool down timer.  There are times I like to taylor my stats to the situation such as running a cave.  Please consider this, or maybe if someone ascends and obtains the max level they should rewarded with the mindwipe to be used as frequent as possible.

Can you not just use the Mindwipe Tonic? 

Guest DJRone89
5 minutes ago, flamron said:

The special perk is 2x taming/Harvest/xp which we haven’t seen in several weeks, making it a “special perk” now that they don’t offer a weekly event. 

All the entitlement in the past is now a fortnightly perk. Keep up the good work Wildcard.

32 minutes ago, Grerook said:

This is just an idea but what if you did a server with all the maps combined like in a super map, it would be great and you could travel in boat from one island to the other. Please make it happen wildcard

that would be too different from the original concept of having different maps + obelisks to transfer stuff(I dislike the whole transfer thing), and what about the people who havent bought scorched earth or aberration?

Well it could be exclusive for those who have the dlc or something like that. but the thing is that in the main game the boats are useless and I always have loved the idea that if there were multiple islands in one single map the boat could be used to travel from one to the other, there could even be diferent kinds of boat and everything

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, djoanus1 said:

4. The last thing i feel need to be addressed is the Pillering. People place pillers all over pve maps preventing new players from building and this issue trully is evil and heartless. I think you guys should allow pillers to be built only close to a base that is built by the piller user. That way new players can enjoy the beauty that ark has to offer. 

What I love is when noobs build for a day and leave their bases blocking resources from spawning. Screwing it up for everyone else. On my server Herb island is pillered to prevent noobs from doing that but still allow all the resources to spawn.

When I first got to the server, it took me several deaths to find a spot where I could build, but that is the game. And if you stay long enough then other  people will quit and you can take their base locations.

• Haha 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Grerook said:

This is just an idea but what if you did a server with all the maps combined like in a super map, it would be great and you could travel in boat from one island to the other. Please make it happen wildcard

This would be nothing to do with the way the server was set up, it would need a brand new map that has all the maps combined. I can see why it would be good, but I think you are barking up the wrong tree really.

I just want the single player dino respawns fixed on console (xbox) and ill be happy... Still have an empty map. Researched the settings and all that. It's the game. Would be completely satisfied if dinos would just respawn in empty locations when I loaded the game to start playing, that way it wouldn't effect high level dinos already on the map I dont kill to tame later... Still haven't even seen the new Spino after TLC or been able to try and tame it. Love the game and that is the only reason I am so irritated I can't play it as it is supposed to be played in the core game... Please take a look at and fix this WC. Please.

Official server 1O2 on playstation 4 is under DDOS AGAIN and is in its 4Oth hour, and is far from the only server under current or frequent attack. But yay for another evolution event, I guess this'll last even longer now considering that DDOSers love 2x events! Why fix something that you're well aware of and have made zero effort to change when you can ignore it by rolling out another evolution for those unaffected YAY! Seriously, two days, and not for the first time nor is it the only server, but it is the only OC SE server because 9O has been broken since ever. When was the last time that server was even functional? 

Edited by Twitchy2
  • Haha 1