msg to wilcard from casual player about o quit- 2nd time

StoneD

Good day Wildcard @Jatheish @Jen and all devs

First off let me say you have made a great game, something that I've played for the last 2 years and when i'm enjoying is still one of the best vidwo game experiences i've ever seen and i've been playin vids since 1984 roughly, nothing else has kept me as entertained for this long.... Unfortenatly this post is not about what keeps me happt and entertained its about what p*sses me off....

I play official pvp orp, i've tried tried PVE - no thrill to the game, I've tried official PVP - fun but truly annoying to have to rebuild my base every second time i log in, I've done No-Tame PVP official - that was great but again due to hackers and offline raiding it was more annoyong than fun

PVP offline offical was my solution, the lack of servers in this format was fustrating but after release (much after) they were available... in germany, I live in vancouver BC Canada, not great pings....And once you released the NA offline protected servers i found the lag to be just as bad and saw no reason to restart on them

I loved this game, I work 9-5 monday to friday, have my 2 years old son friday to sunday and at least 2 nights during the week, so not a lot of time to play, My son by the way also loves watching the dinos stomp around or firing off 100 flame arrows in the night but gets scared when i kill off dinos on a meat run so my time on when he is here is limited to what he enjoys, so lets say 8 hours of real playtime on a weekend and maybe another 3 or 4 hours during the week if i'm lucky

This leads us to why i don't think i can play online anymore and makes me ready to quit, even tho as a solo player i have one of the biggest bases (at least 400 hours into it) I have seen for solo players

my  biggest piss off with your mechanics are:

1- Tame times and raising times- I can accept i will never get to raise an animal because it takes days to do it...but 6 hours to 10 hours to tame something of value with out kibble. I rarely get to be on for 6 hours at a time, i really dont want to spend that whole time feeding an anky berries or crops ... at least carnos have some quicker options but still what a drag ... this was at least mitigated by the fact you had 2x taming every weekend but now with those events over i am for a better word raptored...

2- auto decay timer - what b*llsh*t this is. everything except thach should last at leat 2 weeks... My large crop plots don't last 3 days before their gone but i have a small cop plot that lasts well over a week too bad i can't grow anything useful in it except narco berries.... I don't think i can even tell my distaste fro timers concerning prime meat, mutton and crops without getting banned...

3- Bugs that should have been fixed long before re-lease. I just spent the last 2 hours trying to tame a doedicurus, 75 tranq darts, 90 tranq arrowws and at least 50 more hits from frog and it died, never got knocked out.....in this time over hald my dilo kibble expired... Thanks to events changing i started a dilo pen for dilo kibble, adding more to the cap.... your 1.5x egg event was a complte bust, i got 3x more eggs this weekend than when the event was on... dilos won't stay in the pens i made, they constanty clip through the walls - this has been a bug for long as i have played,,,, why can't you fix this...

4- Nerfs and changes - balance balance balance....is what you say... Shouild have been done before re-lease, at this point you  p*ssing peole off... these changes  should have all been done beforte release... the flyer nerf, why can't we adjust speed, maybe a cap would have been better than shutting it off,  buff argys but then a week later cut their health by 20% - BS, the list goes on and on and on with this subject I will just stop here...

Please make this game playable for average people with Real world lives, it is great but the grind is un-real in it, the bugs are far too many still (  Thanks for finally starting to fix these) and the time commitments are are way too long to be enjoyable

Guest DJRone89

@StoneD

You will never win an argument expecting the rates to change in favour for people who choose to play alone in a game mode that is designed for multiple people.

It’s official. It’s a multiplayer game mode. The settings are based on balance and longevity, keeping people playing through fear of losing everything unless they have enough people online at all times to keep the decay timers ticking over.

It’s a losing battle for solo players unless you’re smart enough to draw the conclusion that you can’t have it all. Knowing to build and sustain within your means.

As for things outside of your control, then yes it’s annoying/frustrating, especially the day 1 issues that still persist.

Just to reiterate my message; official isn’t designed for casual players, so don’t expect the game to change in favour of personal requests.

Hello,

I agree the auto decay is what makes players quit and it should never been introduced in PvP at all.

Last time I observed a base go poof the player raised Rex since launch of new servers and he got Melee to 500+. But during the 1X weekend he did not play and all Rex gone. Soon after that all base auto decayed. PvE offical.

After so many mutations he did not know the seven day time limit for dinos. Brutal. And I feel sad and want to quit. No wounder other games have millions of active player with even more bugs than this game.

Officials aren't for casuals. If you cant handle tame/breed timers, just go play on private servers with increased rates.

PvP players have much different view on things which you are describing, for example the argent wasn't any drastic change, lot of players/streamers told that argent have still huge hp pool.

About decay timer: There was discussion about it on reddit, because during war everyone is spamming structures and lot of players suggested that decay timer should be even lower than currently. Just few screens how people are spamming structures during pvp:

ymv1xc0nwyy01.png  

wqmbADEHR4engI1Ifez45g.png?width=1134&he

unknown.png?width=1045&height=588

4 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

I agree the auto decay is what makes players quit and it should never been introduced in PvP at all.

Last time I observed a base go poof the player raised Rex since launch of new servers and he got Melee to 500+. But during the 1X weekend he did not play and all Rex gone. Soon after that all base auto decayed. PvE offical.

After so many mutations he did not know the seven day time limit for dinos. Brutal. And I feel sad and want to quit. No wounder other games have millions of active player with even more bugs than this game.

The decay timer is very necessary even in PVP. I remember what the game was like before it, you'd go on a server and there would be masses of large empty dead bases all around the map. No one in their right mind was going to waste explosives on them so they remained there taking up land and denying it to active players and tribes. 

3 hours ago, isu said:

Officials aren't for casuals. If you cant handle tame/breed timers, just go play on private servers with increased rates.

PvP players have much different view on things which you are describing, for example the argent wasn't any drastic change, lot of players/streamers told that argent have still huge hp pool.

About decay timer: There was discussion about it on reddit, because during war everyone is spamming structures and lot of players suggested that decay timer should be even lower than currently. Just few screens how people are spamming structures during pvp:

ymv1xc0nwyy01.png  

wqmbADEHR4engI1Ifez45g.png?width=1134&he

unknown.png?width=1045&height=588

What in the hell is the purpose of someone spamming all of those structures?

*Edit- to just troll a server to block spawns and cause lag?

To stop enemies from advancing to your base/fob. You cannot place own structures/turrets in range of enemy structures, so you would have to push without turret coverage = easy to be picked on dinos or killed and than you have to run big distance to get back on your dino.

Most of the time tribes are forced to clean structures before them, so they are using thousands of c4. 

47 minutes ago, Corrigan said:

What in the hell is the purpose of someone spamming all of those structures?

*Edit- to just troll a server to block spawns and cause lag?

In large official wars it is all about ground the more ground you own away from your base the better it is if you get jumped when you have 15-20 people online. The more you prepare for war the less the enemy can obtain this ground space. You do this so that the enemy has to use 50,000+ C4 To gain ground with in your bases range.

Is it excessive 100% yes. However that is the meta until the company do some game altering changes that only allow X or Y amount of structures per tribe but that is putting so much limitation on the users that many may quit.

All of those problems ( except the nerfing and bugs ) are solved by playing single player. If you play solo anyway then just play single player and there you have full control to solve tame time issues etc. as you can adjust those settings , and have NONE of the disadvantages of playing on a server. 
As a solo player I would never set foot on a server , there's just no reason to and no advantage in it except for if you want the PvP aspect it brings. But PvP solo on a server will always be a hard grind.

Mirage doesn't complain about official rates and rant at the developers about the no-life balance of official (free hosted) servers, Mirage quietly sets up his own unofficial server with the settings that he and his friends like. Mirage knows relying on others to provide the EXACT service that suits you for FREE is not realistic.

Don't be a spoiled brat, be like Mirage ;)

Semi-joking btw.  Officials aren't for everybody.  Find what suits you and move along.

Hello,

After playing pvp on now legazy servers. I never had a problem finding space to build. However in PvE it was a different matter. PvP structures say - stay away, PvE structures say this land is for meat runs or some troll land.

Auto decay have different meaning for PvP and PvE

One server had no structures at all just a tribe in the snow that is all. Later I found that all strucrures in the snow was removed within 5-24 hours and that tribe wiped the server fron time to time.  Power can be found in PvP. And never in PvE, as it should be.

Regards,

Ariana 

Archived